Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The revolutionary, controversial idea of getting people's interest by talking about things they like and are interested in in positive ways instead of telling them they and everything they like are dumb and garbage and they should throw everything away and only like the things you like

Agreed, that's why getting upset video games aren't "woke enough" is dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Mordor She Wrote posted:

since time is a flat dumb circle we are going to go back to silent slap stick, then musicals, then westerns, then action, then superheros

forever.

Hell yea.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
That is always my favorite arguement. "GuNz WoN't PrOtEcT yOu FrOm A nUkE." But if a government is nuking it's citizens, I've already won.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
the us will just nuke the south in the next civil war!

Welp the entire strategic oil reserve is gone also over 70% of your enlisted army has defected at best, or become insurgents at worst. Yea, this is a winning plan.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Moridin920 posted:

The government is made up of people. It can be torn down by people. :shrug:

agreed.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
seeing a marvel movie is already a pretty big self-own, not really sure the rational is important.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

SNL on the balance is lovely, but occasionally they hit it.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Is “pathologically lying on the internet” a sexuality

No but it does get you online oppression points.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

crazy cloud posted:

Just like harry potter

What gender are you is exactly the same level of connection to reality as what hogwarts house are you

Agreed. I just use gender as a proxy to determine what sex-organs you have.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

It's really nice to be able to describe the things going on with you even broadly with a couple words

I use my name for this

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Saying "Patrick" does notntell people I'm talking to about lgbt stuff that I'm enby and pan and gray ace

My name also isn't actually Patrick but you get my point

but once they know you as Patrick, they know you as a person, and that includes any other thing that is important to you and how you define yourself, including ace status or anything else.

the person is more important then the checkbox.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Veganism is bourgeoisie poo poo. Good on BK not giving into that first world distraction.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
why not just make both “genders” chairs the same?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Weren't the manspreading pics like 90% exhausted tradies on nearly empty trains

They were also mostly black for some reason.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Peanut President posted:

bring back westerns

hell yea

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Some Guy TT posted:

wokeness is fundamentally about reaffirming stereotypes for the sole purpose of contradicting them

The most important part isn't equality, it's showing others how "woke" you are. It's purely performative and actual outcomes aren't important.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

an actual dog posted:

Emotional baggage: inside the toxic work environment at Away

NEVER add your boss to the venting slack channel!!!!!

quote:

That was jarring — three white people telling me I was racist,

:lol: How can I be racist, when I have more melanin then those people?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Protip. If you want to vent on a slack channel with your work-friends, create a completely separate workspace and invite people to it, also set the channel archiving interval to <24hr's. Seperate workspace means that head of "people services" can't recover your chats, and the archival settings mean even if they do get in, they can't scroll up (also you can kick them out).

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

an actual dog posted:

Or take your friends out to lunch and bitch there!!!!! Slack is satan!!

Sure, but bitching about work requires something more persistent and available then just a lunch date.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

uncurable mlady posted:

y'all do realize that slack export doesn't work this way, right? if you're on a paid plan then people can export public channels, not private ones. private channel/dm export is available but you have to justify it to slack. iirc slackbot tells you if the retention or export settings change as well (but not if an export was done). finally, you can see what the retention rules are for your workspace, go to https://whatever.slack.com/account/workspace-settings#retention to see what they are for your instance.

in the case of away, it's entirely possible that they wanted everyone to use public channels specifically to leverage the 'public channel only' export thing.

If you create your own workspace, your company can't export it at all. Why risk yourself by using your company's workspace to trash people at your company?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Public spaces are cool and good for all people of all races.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
nah electric cars a super popular and the type of people who drive oversized vehicles would be fine with electric.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Heath posted:

I was thinking this poo poo has its origins in Rowling being like "well I never said Hermione wasn't black :shobon:" so now people think if the book doesn't specifically say "she was in fact white, with alabaster skin, smooth as milk and flour, a lily in a sea of pearls" that well actually why couldn't she be black, in fact why shouldn't she be black

And that's how you get

https://twitter.com/KarenMusings/status/1224881915037134849?s=20

https://twitter.com/yesitshanna/status/1224916420313534464?s=20

In addition to how dumb all this is, why not just promote some actual, real written literature that has black characters in it? It certainly exists, and has existed since as long as any of those stories did. You could even use "AI" or "machine learning" to translate into english....

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Deleted, heh.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Slippery posted:

That's not a brand that's actual humans doing righteous stuff

Heath posted:

That one seems alright

Wrong as gently caress. Report the guillotine thread for your sentencing.

It was done by the DC Mayor, you know the guy who is in charge of the police and yet....

https://wtop.com/dc/2020/06/dc-george-floyd-protests-day-4/

So no it is performative bullshit.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Relevant Tangent posted:

calling bowser a guy seems hosed and also she has zero control of the cops right now because we're not a state

DC has it's own police force and they are bastards and under the purview of the mayor. If the mayor does anything less then using the metro police to protect the protestors from federal deathsquads she is complacent and this is 100% performative meaningless redmeat for liberals. gently caress her, gently caress the police, gently caress this distraction and gently caress you for defending it.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Paladinus posted:

People used to make fun of that Polish priest who burned Harry Potter books, but turns out he was just ahead of the curve.

Doing the right thing for the wrong reason is the source of all progress of human society.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I think the cool thing about CoD is that the single player story is completely hands-off as far as the profit center is concerned. So you have a lot of artistic freedom (like spec-ops the line) to do warcrimes, or paint the player as the bad-guy, or not. Also extremely cheesy jokes like "Press F to Pay Respects." It's pretty great.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
What does feminism have to with women? This is just bullshit woke-bait. If it were a feminist establishment it would be a worker owned co-op where they share the profits and the gender ratio would be much closer to 50/50 but that isn't strictly necessary and would certainly be the least interesting aspect of the place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Heath posted:

Let me try to parse this. I think the OP is trying to make the point that casting a male figure in a prestigious lead chef job is at least in conflict with the supposition that the establishment is supposed to be a celebration of women, which is at best in poor taste and at worst hypocritical, but you're saying that they may have done it unintentionally, therefore it's clear that what they meant by it is that ... Men should be serving women? Or shouldn't be? Or what? Obviously it's not clear, especially if you yourself can't determine if it was intentional or not

Woke brands are forbidden to analyze their performative antics, the lack of in-depth analysis and the contradictions this creates is what leads to humor and thus being posted in this thread. Worry not about what they "meant," I assure you, no one cares, let alone them.