Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

I can't imagine being so broken that I enjoyed engaging with brands on Twitter. When steak-umms pretended to be a depressed millennial a lot of people were replying with poo poo like "thanks, I needed to hear this today". I have been homeless and desperate before but if I ever start looking to brands for hope I will absolutely blow my brains out.

Thinking of it as interacting "with the brand" is conceding more than we should. People on Twitter interact with social media personnel posting on the brand's account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

SpaceGoku posted:

alexa, solve the lament configuration

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!
The only 1=1 political allegory is Nute Gunray, who is Newt Gingrich.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

i bet their hearts are just bursting with emotion

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

steinrokkan posted:

Over 70 years ago the Jews of Germany ended their persecution by making a deal. We vowed to to use our power to protect our Reich. Today, we are warriors on the front lines of the defense of the Fatherland.

lol, what an idiotic premise

clearly, the people who are killing you because they believe your power is inherently wrong and tolerating you will lead to eternal damnation are just itching to cut a deal with you

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!
Regarding asexuality, there is the fact that it has, at times, been celebrated. This does not, of course, mean that oppression does not exist. But it does give us awesome things, such as:

Hanuman, devotee of Rama and Lord of Celibacy and Victory.

Of course, celibacy is considered and celebrated here a matter of self-control, not as a sexual orientation. On the other hand, being untouched by lust is, in his worship, seen as proof of Brahmachari, the highest level of human achievement. I'm not entirely sure, but I suspect that at least at times, this virtue would have been a luxury of the Brahman class. We should all fight for a future in which everyone may choose whether and who they wish to gently caress. So I say, whether one wishes to gently caress or not, one may take refuge in Lord Hanuman.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

quite stretched out posted:

its not quite a brand but i feel like it fits

more *clap* women *clap* offerings *clap* to *clap* tlaloc

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!
Posting on the best page. Or maybe the page after.

Nike itself is a symbol of American military dominance. They knew what they were doing naming themselves after the Roman goddess of victory.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

fabergay egg posted:

do we have woke weed brands yet?

Weed stores don't have to try to put out that image.

In Canada, at least, the people who would do that anyways have proven bad at the actually growing weed thing and incapable of hiring anyone who can (despite the fact that at any given time I have 1-3 roommates with experience running grow ops).

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!
I wasn't fooled, but mainly because I'm pretty sure that's a series and I've read others from it.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

crazy cloud posted:

what if it's good and they come out of it $2000 more woke

if you look at it as an alternative to meditating in some yurt it's not too bad i guess

the chances of it being both good and meeting with a warm reception are... well they aren't good

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

:decorum: liberals are pretty much made to be the perfect target for woke grifting. I mean hell, that's the basis of the Democrat establishment.

The New Age and Health Food industries are way ahead of you.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!
prwwde

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!
Keep in mind as well, Legends was the third MtG expansion, back when it was still just Richard Garfield and Co., and they basically asked some friends to make an expansion for the game and then ran with what they gave them. This is why some of the design decisions (like treating having multicolor costs and being legendary as advantages instead of as making the card more difficult to play) in the set stand out as so odd, even for early WotC.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!
a Twitter profile of courage

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

doug fuckey posted:

i'll eat a dorito but only if its a gay dorito

it would only want to be eaten by other doritos so im not sure about the consent issues here

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

cool dance moves posted:

We read Catch-22 in high school and it drove the Glenn Beck-reading, Sean Hannity-loving republican in our class insane with rage. God I love that book.

Catch-22 is the true dystopian novel, because it doesn't make the dystopia into an other. It places it right in the heart of the Allied forces.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

RagnarokAngel posted:

Theyve done this ever year and its so loving funny. "We think the only rainbow should be queer folx".

some dumb exec looked at some loving candy and was blinded by a brilliant vision of brand synergy

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

Crane Fist posted:

Hate is an ever present, invisible force that affects every single thing in existence, and the only way to completely overcome it is by fleeing the earth entirely

hmmm

the one place not corrupted by capitalism....

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

its nice to see two conglomerates with nearly identical priorities come together in a display of mutual opportunistic self-interest

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

i am harry posted:

Are the people who drive around with
"I'M NOT BLACK BUT
I: see you
hear you
etc."
helping at all? In any fashion?

its thank you for your service, but for libs

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

Platystemon posted:

Wow I can’t believe I forgot the pun.

i have no words

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

"the concept of solidarity, as perceived by a Brand"

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!
capital genuinely understanding teenagers better than bougie wokescolds is pretty funny

i mean, ffs, maybe if you want to make science appealing, put some effort into taking a good photo of your prospective stem girlboss and let her dress up a bit. i mean, if she wants to emphasize practicality in her appearance over overt gender performance that's fine, but do the work to make that look a little badass. or even just give her more warning than like her mom snapping a photo of her on her phone ffs.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

Paladinus posted:

It's just a random photo, lol.

yeah, its gotta be like what, from some stock image set you can pay for the rights to? lol if they grabbed some random kids picture from google images and never gave it further thought

but like, the choice of photo still matters because it rejects any attempt to appeal to its audience's literal developmental need to define an idealized version of themselves that represents their potential adult persona. its extremely puritanical in a very lib fashion.

and yeah more or less just like the games

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

Toplowtech posted:

Didn't they blame Russia of all country for the us army created Iraqi's "highway of death"?

it seems so inept as propaganda to me. like I guess chuds don't make a habit of maintaining internally consistent beliefs, but is there even a relevant audience for "this was bad and wrong and russia is scary"?

the people who are receptive to that sort of thinking don't think its bad or wrong. they want just enough hypocritical liberal handwringing to give them both cover and a chance to revel in the implicit celebration of americas ability to create suffering and death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!
when i think of peaceful trasition of power i do think of about oil companies a lot