Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

who the gently caress are At Cheddar On Twitter, because you could not make me click on any part of that tweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

an actual dog posted:

bloomberg but for teens

extremely cursed post

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Uranium posted:

you have privilege, ‘arry!

there's a pretty solid read of the books with that as the core takeaway

welcome to this magical world of wealth, whimsy, and wonder made possible by the power of who your parents were, full of a bunch of people having the dumbest arguments imaginable about how exactly to keep the fact they could help the rest of the world a secret

every once in a while we let someone lowborn in because they've tested really well

also we swear up and down our house slaves loving love to work for us

in retrospect JK Rowling being terrified of corbyn should not have been even a small surprise

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Deadpool, the character whose gimmick is breaking the 4th wall, makes a reference to another african kingdom that doesn't exist in the black panther or marvel universe but nonetheless is familiar to every reader of the comic strip. The fact that you don't "get it" shows just how dumb as poo poo you are.

you have to have a very high IQ to understand Spiderman But With A Gun. the humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of bizarre culture war hangups most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's time for advertising to start also telling men that they're not good enough unless they purchase the correct products and services

i have extremely bad news for you about the video game ads that defined your childhood, op

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The only video game ads I remember were just ridiculously weird ones. Remember the Pokemon one where the bus driver has a bus full of Pokemon and then gets out and puts it into a crusher that turns the bus into a Game Boy?

Also the Smash Bros one with Happy Together. Detective Pikachu trailer made a callback to Pikachu's first live action TV appearance!

remember the 90s

remember how whether you were consuming nintendo or sega products made a definitive statement about you, as a person, and as a gamer. remember how having an apple product marked you as a bold iconoclast who stands apart from the crowd, and the intellectual superiority of being part of the PC Master Race.

i have very, very bad news for you, about this New And Horrifying Trend, of companies telling you that consuming their product reflects positive personality traits

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Breakfast All Day posted:

99.9% of all major fiction has a very bourgeois assumption about violence/suffering against major characters being categorically different than the violence/suffering of others and the masses (that's different/beyond just that the suffering of those close to your point of observation is felt more strongly), but that's an all hitherto history type of observation that can spoil your enjoyment of almost anything

it's kind of funny because video games trying to be movies made this all hideously obvious. yes, you shot sixty faceless mooks on the way in here, including that one in a sweet cutscene where you killed him mid-speech to pump up his troops, but now you have to choose to shoot their boss... or not shoot their boss. a MORAL DECISION that SAYS SO MUCH ABOUT YOU!!!!

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

i originally thought steakumms was a fake brand that somebody had made up and was trying to bully and/or trick twitter into giving them a checkmark and other preferential advertiser treatment and it was a lot funnier that way

that would have been considerably more entertaining

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

What the gently caress is this thread

the thread for whining about woke brands derailing into how upset they are about sex on valentines day, op

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Brother Entropy posted:

well yeah, they're about a fascist tricking the powerful liberal elite class into giving him more power and militarizing and then using that power to wipe them out

his insistence they are good is insane, but you can occasionally see the glimpses of a good idea lurking in bits of the prequels before they are crushed by the world's most overpromoted set designer being the guy writing the dialogue

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Pharohman777 posted:

Been seeing people on twitter thinking the angry nerds going to see a movie whose marketing doesn't directly insult them but whose actress is anti-trump and latina is somehow a self own.

"doesn't directly insult them"

"somehow a self own"

hmm

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Tunicate posted:

Lancelot was a french fanfic character which is why hes the BESTKNIGHTEVAR

seriously the guy's name was the medieval equivalent of I. Fuckgoode

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

it is weird watching the "look how progressive we are, please someone get mad at us for this" genre of ad lose its novelty value in real time

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

quite stretched out posted:

its not quite a brand but i feel like it fits

"no you little poo poo I said WAKE huitzilopoctli not WOKE huitzilopoctli"

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
we are all one consciousness, and to claim an identifier is to yield to the Grand Enemy, who is called I

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Heavy_D posted:

anyone who hasn't read about the millenium challenge wargame might get a lol or two out of it
https://warontherocks.com/2015/11/millennium-challenge-the-real-story-of-a-corrupted-military-exercise-and-its-legacy/

it's worth noting that van riper did in fact straight up cheat, in addition to just not following the script. he proclaimed himself to have lightspeed bike messengers and the initial missile barrage featured ships firing missiles bigger than they were. he did not set out to prove Iran could kick our rear end, he set out to prove that Rumsfeldian wargaming was loving dumb because it didn't even try to account for the idea the enemy might try some weird poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

the quillete lady gets the first solid dunk of her life. horrifying.