Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sato
Apr 28, 2013
The character who irritated me the most was Scorpius. I get that they were trying to go for an "adorkable" character but it came across as trying way, way too hard. I can see how a good actor might make it more natural but it was very off-putting to me. In general, the only characterization I actively liked was for Ginny and Amos Diggory. They're the only ones who actually felt true to the original novels. I mean, Ron only seemed to care about practical jokes and food.

I knew going in what was going to happen because I spoiled myself, but I had hoped that maybe the actual dialogue etc. would be better and give an idea of why everybody who saw the play seemed to love it. It would have been a fun Beedle the Bard-type side story but the fact that it's being billed as the eighth Harry Potter novel just makes it seem so much worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sato
Apr 28, 2013
^^^^^^

Oh yes. Yes, indeed it did.

• Locked thread