Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Ikta Solork is a lazy bum and womanizer who hates the empire and its self-serving politics. He also ends up saving the life of the empire's princess, Chamille, after they get stranded in the opposing empire along with a few new and old friends. For his efforts, Ikta is rewarded by being made an Imperial Knight and forced to become a soldier along with the people that helped him. Unfortunately, that's the last thing he wants. But there's nothing he can do about except use his strategic wits to win the many battles ahead of him while cursing the cursing the empire he's being forced to fight for.

This is the life of the man who one day becomes known as The Invincible Lazy General.

Why should you watch it?
Because it's not a moe fantasy adventure. It establishes early on that it is a show about strategic battles and political ramifications. Ikta may be goofy and lazy, but he has strong political opinions and acts on them. His strategic plays are fun to watch because they're well developed and presented. The main cast are all decent, likable, and serious character with interesting social and political relationships; there's no comedy-option character that just fucks around and ruins the tone (though Matthew does get picked on a lot, poor guy). It's a serious show, and I like it that way. It's been too long since something like Twelve Kingdoms or Moribito showed up.

Alderamin airs at 1:30pm EDT on Fridays

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Aug 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Namtab posted:

You mean shouldn't, right?

Well, there's plenty of that out there already, so if that's all you want then you don't have to be here.

If this is what you want, then be here.

Or don't and watch it on your own.

Or don't watch anime.

There's lots of possibilities.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

It's based off a light novel and the description smacks of wish fulfillment so I kinda doubt it, but I suppose anything's possible.

I remember someone in the general thread saying that this has so far been different from the LN's in a positive way.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I changed the OP image, is it still broke for the people it was broke for?

• Locked thread