Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
I abuse robitussin 24/7 so I get on everyone else's level and can live a happy normie life

I stole this joke from the premise of a House episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Understand that being smarter than people really doesn't matter that much in the grand scheme of day to day life.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

FISTS CURE WOMEN posted:

Understand that being smarter than people really doesn't matter that much in the grand scheme of day to day life.
What a stupid thing to say

Its actually made quite a difference in mine and others lives. I have a strong education, lots of money, lots of friends/family, and have contributed to the overall knowledge of humanity on the back of my intelligence.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Me too but I'm not gonna brag about it on a dying web forum

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

SurfaceDetail posted:

The advice wasn't very good last time because there are lots of people dumber than me here. But its been 6 months and I think gbs has matured.

Nice punctuation dumbass.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
its a good thing I took the SAT before the writing part counted because theres no way I'd get a perfect like I did on the reading. Only a 780 in math :(

Plus internet.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
Also I think a lot of people are conflating the statement "I'm really smart" with "I'm literally infallible, basically God" so they think pointing out punctuation or spelling errors is some sort of own.

Its a pretty stupid thing that a clown would probably do, at the circus.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
A smart person would not have made this thread.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Funky See Funky Do posted:

A smart person would not have made this thread.

A smart person also would not have time outs for being a naughty raciest.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Harald posted:

Why did Bush knock down the towers?

Ultimately we can only speculate. It was a quid-pro-quo gift to the military industry insiders who conspired to rig the 2000 presidential election in his favor, obviously, that much is certain. And anyone can point to the personal vengeance angle, seeking a casus belli to eventually attack Saddam in retaliation for the assassination attempt against his father. Naturally Bush the Younger also wanted to prove himself in the eyes of his father and the nation, after a lifetime of disappointment and failure to live up to the Bush family legacy, and what better way to define himself apart from his patrilineal heritage than to act in direct contradiction to his father's own counsel in starting a major war?

Yet I believe there were deeper, more sinister motives at play, as well. You see, during his Yale years, he was inducted into a blood-oath fraternity wherein he pledged a bond to Satan, and was obliged to repay the Prince of Lies with a feast of human souls. I realize this claim may seem audacious at first glance, but if you watch footage of Bush interviews with this possibility in mind, I maintain you can identify specific instants where Bush's own spirit can be seen to leave his body, times when his eyes turn colder than those of any ensouled human being. Clearly, these are occasions when his mortal essence is being siphoned by the selfsame hell-plane from which he drew his own powers.

In order to satisfy the pitiless hunger of the Lord of Unclean Beasts, it was therefore necessary that George W. Bush provide the Christkiller with a provender of not only souls, but unsaved, unbaptized souls from among his own people. Now, where in America could you be certain of finding citizens who had not been cleansed in spirit by the Blood of the Lamb? That's right. Wall Street. The steel bastion of the Judaical cabal, and of the Godless servants of mammon. Only these souls would be succulent enough to free George W. Bush from his blood-debt to the six-winged Prince of a Thousand Screams.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Zorodius posted:

Ultimately we can only speculate. It was a quid-pro-quo gift to the military industry insiders who conspired to rig the 2000 presidential election in his favor, obviously, that much is certain. And anyone can point to the personal vengeance angle, seeking a casus belli to eventually attack Saddam in retaliation for the assassination attempt against his father. Naturally Bush the Younger also wanted to prove himself in the eyes of his father and the nation, after a lifetime of disappointment and failure to live up to the Bush family legacy, and what better way to define himself apart from his patrilineal heritage than to act in direct contradiction to his father's own counsel in starting a major war?

Yet I believe there were deeper, more sinister motives at play, as well. You see, during his Yale years, he was inducted into a blood-oath fraternity wherein he pledged a bond to Satan, and was obliged to repay the Prince of Lies with a feast of human souls. I realize this claim may seem audacious at first glance, but if you watch footage of Bush interviews with this possibility in mind, I maintain you can identify specific instants where Bush's own spirit can be seen to leave his body, times when his eyes turn colder than those of any ensouled human being. Clearly, these are occasions when his mortal essence is being siphoned by the selfsame hell-plane from which he drew his own powers.

In order to satisfy the pitiless hunger of the Lord of Unclean Beasts, it was therefore necessary that George W. Bush provide the Christkiller with a provender of not only souls, but unsaved, unbaptized souls from among his own people. Now, where in America could you be certain of finding citizens who had not been cleansed in spirit by the Blood of the Lamb? That's right. Wall Street. The steel bastion of the Judaical cabal, and of the Godless servants of mammon. Only these souls would be succulent enough to free George W. Bush from his blood-debt to the six-winged Prince of a Thousand Screams.

This is the only coherent answer I've gotten to my original query. Thank you.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I've never been the smartest person in the room, not even when I taught math to that 2nd grade class.
You see, if babies could speak, they would be the smartest beings on the planet.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

But really, everyone I've met who claims to be the smartest person in whatever group tends to have a very narrow intelligence and is usually lacking in a lot of social graces.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
Sorry to hear that, but I'm not the "Karen" of my group no matter how many goons desperately try to project this. It must be a very personal issue for them. I really haven't had any social problems to speak of growing up or now. The problem I talk about in the OP is an "inside" one.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
I also crush puss on the regular. Just to get that out there and clear

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I grew up smarter than most of my peers. Things came very easily to me and I never had to work hard to become proficient at most tasks.
Couple that with being okay looking and a decent charm and it carried me further than it should have.

Then I got older, things got much harder, I never learned how to study and then became a failure at life.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Inzombiac posted:

I grew up smarter than most of my peers. Things came very easily to me and I never had to work hard to become proficient at most tasks.
Couple that with being okay looking and a decent charm and it carried me further than it should have.

Then I got older, things got much harder, I never learned how to study and then became a failure at life.

Yea that's a trap a few of my peers fell in. Happened to me too. First semester at college I partied too much figuring poo poo would be just as easy as high school and got a C+ in one of my classes. Big wakeup call but its part of the learning experience.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Oh, and I came from a broken home and was largely ignored by my family because I was the only one not causing a lot of problems.

illestG
Oct 8, 2009

SurfaceDetail posted:

I also crush puss on the regular. Just to get that out there and clear

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

I'm rarely the smartest person in the room because I prefer to associate with people who challenge and interest me.

Stop working at staples

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

SurfaceDetail posted:

Sorry to hear that, but I'm not the "Karen" of my group no matter how many goons desperately try to project this.

Urban Dictionary posted:

"Karen"
Karen is the perfect woman. She has no flaw. She's funny, sweet, smart as hell, and above all, she is extremely gorgeous. She doesn't let anyone push her around and she has a great personality. She has some awesome goals set and always wins my heart. Has great taste in guys. Don't listen to what the other jack-off put. Everybody loves Karen.

OP how could you slander yourself so?!

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

tenspott posted:

I have a really hot GF. Like crazy hot. She's been in magazines you've purchased to beat off, that's how hot she is. Except I don't have to buy the magazine because she's really in my bed.

Oh come on, who purchases the Sears catalogue? They come free in the mail.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

That's what I beat off to at least, because my mom won't let me get grown up magazine cuz I have a iq of 39

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

and live at home so I don't have to face the frightening world and all its panty clad women on a daily basis

Genderfluent
Jul 15, 2015

Fellow goon, it is great to find a kindred spirit. I find it hard to communicate with the average person. I can't understand how someone could spend all their time worrying about such trivial things as the musical "Hamilton" while knowing nothing of his history. Furthermore, all this talk of "sports" does not concern me. Perhaps if we worked out our brains half as much as we worked out our bodies we could solve some real problems, like reconciling gravity and QM

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

OP how could you slander yourself so?!

is that a sax in the city thing?

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

sometimes I watch tv but only to make fun of it then I eat dinner and throw eggshells at the wall because I eat eggs for dinner you see I have a iq of 71

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
I think OP should cover his bases and train in MMA fighting so he'll always have the upper hand no matter what kind of altercation he's expecting.

Throw some patents down on some sick moves while you're at it.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

The Endbringer posted:

is that a sax in the city thing?

I had no idea what a "'Karen' of the group" was meant to be, and urban dictionary had a listing... so, I guess that makes me a Phoebe! :angel:

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
By shutting the gently caress up.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

pr0k posted:

By shutting the gently caress up.

but then how will everyone know you are the smartest person in the room?

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

I am often the smartest person in the room because I only hang around people who have been declared brain dead

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

The Endbringer posted:

but then how will everyone know you are the smartest person in the room?

They don't. Everyone hates the smartest person in the room if they know who it is.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

even then they beat me at chess because I have a iq of 59

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

I had no idea what a "'Karen' of the group" was meant to be, and urban dictionary had a listing... so, I guess that makes me a Phoebe! :angel:

I follow the comedy stylings of Dane Cook

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

One time at school I was accepted into the elite class of mathematics and science and I was so happy then they put me in the center of the room and threw pencils at me and laughed

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

and they worked out formulas to properly arc their pencils so they could hit me in the eye

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

I learned a new word in that class, rikooshay

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

it means to bounce a pencil off the ceiling and hit me in the eye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

I thought I got lead poisoning but they told me pencils don't have lead, they have grafight, then laughed at me and threw more pencils at me

• Locked thread