Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trojan.exe
Feb 22, 2011

I never said I was a role model
My ex was that kind of person, the sort that is legitimately the smartest person in the room. He has an IQ of 180.

Mine still puts me squarely in the top 2% but I still felt like a moron around him the vast majority of the time. He has no concept of what it's like to not understand how to do complex math or coding and thought that if someone doesn't understand it that they're just being lazy. If anyone ever messed up anything at work he would openly call them a moron or stupid and there was no chance the company he works for would ever fire him over something like that because they needed his smarts to fix literally everything when something catastrophic happens.

Also due to being right the vast majority of the time definitely made him feel like his opinions were always right even if there was something not quite right about it or a bias. He never called me stupid though, at least not to my face or that I know of. I think being with me for two years taught him that some people do have mental limitations even if they are smart and that he really just doesn't like being around someone a good chunk of the time if both persons aren't on the same level. He didn't get annoyed with people all the time to be malicious, it seems like it was a genuine frustration that no one he knew with the exception of his dad were on his level. When we parted ways it was amicable at least.

Anyway, that was how he dealt with always being the smartest person in the room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trojan.exe
Feb 22, 2011

I never said I was a role model

SurfaceDetail posted:

no offense.

pm me if you are a hot goonette gamergirl

Bitch please, you didn't even read my post.

• Locked thread