Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Aww is poor little baby crying because some one told xim who wins the game of thrones? If only xhe had a safe space. A spoiler free area if you would where xhey wouldn't have to hear things that upset them about fictional worlds and fictional people who have no bearing on life in anyway shape or form. lol xhey even throw temper tantrums and cry about their feels like SJW do when they're triggered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Spoiler culture is trash

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
change every instance of "spoiled me" in this video to "triggered me"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idUhwpqPrKM

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
the low quality of this thread is very spoiling to me

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
suck my goddamn balls

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
hmm, spoiling is actually a lovely thing to do. "ha ha I made you enjoy something less." wow good job, what a clever joke

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Zorodius posted:

"ha ha I made you enjoy something less."

Haha, yeah...... Good stuff

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Zorodius posted:

hmm, spoiling is actually a lovely thing to do. "ha ha I made you enjoy something less." wow good job, what a clever joke

ha ha, suck it you whiny little bitch. it is always garbage media you people always get upset about, too.

Mukulu
Jul 14, 2006

Stop. Drop. Shut 'em down open up shop.

Zorodius posted:

Snape kills Dumbledore.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Serious Frolicking posted:

ha ha, suck it you whiny little bitch. it is always garbage media you people always get upset about, too.

Please spoil the works of Chaucer for me right now

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I appreciate spoiler alerts and trigger warnings as they are considerate of others. 'Love thy neighbour' is the most important teaching of the bible.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

"posted by volume" is just another term for "worthless post"

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches
They've done a bunch of studies and it turns out knowing the ending to something does nothing to ruin your enjoyment of shitposting about it on the internet.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

spoilers pretty clearly make things less enjoyable, its normal to not want to know the end of something before you get to see it

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...

BUY IT.

Mukulu posted:

Snape kills Dumbledore.

actually, it was Hodgkin's Disease

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Fonzarelli posted:

spoilers pretty clearly make things less enjoyable, its normal to not want to know the end of something before you get to see it

if you care about it that much then go see it immediately after it comes out. the rest of us will continue to make fun of your love of comic book movies.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

if you care about it that much then go see it immediately after it comes out. the rest of us will continue to make fun of your love of comic book movies.

i don't care about comic book movies much but if you were to spoil something surprising and good, like a tv show finale that hasn't aired in my timezone yet, i would be mad and that's normal

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Spoilers aren't a real big deal in practice because of what Schwarbage but lol at you if you're so pitiful that you get that much enjoyment from kiddie poo poo like yelling "snape killed dumbledore" out of a car at some teenagers

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Fonzarelli posted:

Post your tumblr

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED

CJacobs posted:

Spoilers aren't a real big deal in practice because of what Schwarbage but lol at you if you're so pitiful that you get that much enjoyment from kiddie poo poo like yelling "snape killed dumbledore" out of a car at some teenagers

kiddie poo poo owns retard

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.

haha gently caress anyone who cares about thing. nerrrds. you don't deserve to enjoy thing. I, however, absolutely should be an rear end in a top hat about it, that part's good.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

yeah okay that is cool and all, great study

but a normal person would realise that stories are more meaningful when you find things out organically through the events unfolding instead of when someone on the internet tells you the ending and calls you a human being

its not that complicated, events are more emotionally resonant when you have a proper buildup, the autists here may not understand this though

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Fonzarelli posted:

but a normal person would realise that stories are more meaningful when you find things out organically through the events unfolding instead of when someone on the internet tells you the ending and calls you a human being

its not that complicated, events are more emotionally resonant when you have a proper buildup, the autists here may not understand this though

you are a human being, though.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

haha goddam!n

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

No problem for you since you're probably unemployed and have no partner social life or hobbies. The rest of us may defer such things because we have Other Things to Do....

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

gently caress

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Fonzarelli posted:

Where your safe space for when you get triggered?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

ButteCysts posted:

kiddie poo poo owns retard

Maybe so.

all the ladies say I
Aug 24, 2005

Acción de Espionaje Táctico
Please use spoiler tags when posting the results of the eSports game. It's unacceptable for me to know who wins.

Someone should tell ESPN is really not cool to not use spoiler tags for all the sports games, they really should change that

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.
You can't spoil Hamlet, it doesn't make any difference, the whole ride is an experience.

But take The Sixth Sense, that's goddamn pointless beyond the twist. It's fun to be surprised by it, once. You can absolutely ruin that movie with a spoiler.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

i like that posted:

No problem for you since you're probably unemployed and have no partner social life or hobbies. The rest of us may defer such things because we have Other Things to Do....

nah, i just don't care about spoilers. if i want to watch or read something i can just do it whenever without getting my panties in a bunch.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Zorodius posted:

You can't spoil Hamlet, it doesn't make any difference, the whole ride is an experience.

But take The Sixth Sense, that's goddamn pointless beyond the twist. It's fun to be surprised by it, once. You can absolutely ruin that movie with a spoiler.

anything ruined by a "spoiler" isn't worth reading or watching

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

satanic splash-back posted:

You don't really believe that.

edit: Unless you think Hamlet was the peak of good literature anyway.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jul 31, 2016

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

satanic splash-back posted:

:thejoke:

That's why he picked the 6th sense

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Volume posted:

:thejoke:

That's why he picked the 6th sense

are there any other jokes you'd like to explain, or are you done sucking your own dick yet?

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Spoiler avoidance is dumb. A good movie, song, video game, novel, comic, whatever isn't ruined by knowing a detail about it. Or do you never enjoy anything a second time?

Like there's a first time experience and then there's just making a big mess out of something for no reason.

"a pizza? No thanks already ate one years ago it was ok :rolleyes:"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

jyrque posted:

Spoiler avoidance is dumb. A good movie, song, video game, novel, comic, whatever isn't ruined by knowing a detail about it. Or do you never enjoy anything a second time?

Like there's a first time experience and then there's just making a big mess out of something for no reason.

"a pizza? No thanks already ate one years ago it was ok :rolleyes:"

It's not some gargantuan effort to avoid being spoiled on something. Most people can do it with no effort at all because personal subjects only come up if they're brought up- that is, unless something nobody can predict happens like if some dick randomly shouts whodunit out of the blue. Weird, right?

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm talkng more about the fact that people care more about spoilers than the drat movie lol

Like when Force Awakens everyone was lile DON'T SPOIIL IT FOR EVERYONR BECAUSE SOMETHUNG HAPPENS NEAR THE VERY END!!! for weeks and weeks when nobody really was spoiling anything.

Second viewings are great for "spoiler movies" if the movie is good and actually makes an effort to frame the spoilery outcome. It's as if good movie trumps a bad one that relies entirely on a twist. See: sixth sense (good movie) and everything after that M Jam Shamalama did.

Ok Unbreakable was p good too

There's an unhealthy obsession with spoiler avoidance is all I'm saying

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
"mad max and furiosa save the day and immortan joe dies and so do the bad guys"
"WHAT THE gently caress I won't watch the sickest and craziest two hour chase scene with heart-thumping soundtrack and insane stunts and loving amazing visuals and audio now you spoilery gently caress!!!!!!!!!
"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

part of telling a story is telling it in the right order

• Locked thread