Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Spoiler avoidance is dumb. A good movie, song, video game, novel, comic, whatever isn't ruined by knowing a detail about it. Or do you never enjoy anything a second time?

Like there's a first time experience and then there's just making a big mess out of something for no reason.

"a pizza? No thanks already ate one years ago it was ok :rolleyes:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm talkng more about the fact that people care more about spoilers than the drat movie lol

Like when Force Awakens everyone was lile DON'T SPOIIL IT FOR EVERYONR BECAUSE SOMETHUNG HAPPENS NEAR THE VERY END!!! for weeks and weeks when nobody really was spoiling anything.

Second viewings are great for "spoiler movies" if the movie is good and actually makes an effort to frame the spoilery outcome. It's as if good movie trumps a bad one that relies entirely on a twist. See: sixth sense (good movie) and everything after that M Jam Shamalama did.

Ok Unbreakable was p good too

There's an unhealthy obsession with spoiler avoidance is all I'm saying

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
"mad max and furiosa save the day and immortan joe dies and so do the bad guys"
"WHAT THE gently caress I won't watch the sickest and craziest two hour chase scene with heart-thumping soundtrack and insane stunts and loving amazing visuals and audio now you spoilery gently caress!!!!!!!!!
"

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah I know watching movies backwards is dumb. Hopefully no one actually does that. Spoilers don't do that for you either, you still watch the movie aka experience the experience yourself in correct order.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

ROFLburger posted:

actually that's literally what a spoiler does to a stupid person

lol

• Locked thread