Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
I love the sam hell out of monster hunter. I got 3 for the WiiU but I played it after MH4 and I can't not have a charge blade.

That said, pal, if you are interested in showing off some of the guild stuff send me a PM and maybe we'll find a time to do multiplayer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

I'm just stoked to see some hunting horn love. It's the most unique weapon and the one I end up collecting all of to hear all the tunes

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

As a fella who spent about 90 hours on Toukiden and a further 40 on its bullshit degenerate cousin God Eater, I can say only Capcom seems to have figured out the formula. Which is to say, every weapon actually feels different to play, and as such engenders a feeling of ownership.

Such as the ownership that Jaggidrome felt when you took the high road and splattered his Bonnie all over the ocean.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

Wordybird posted:

I do love the way you edited those early missions. Literal smash cutting was a great idea.

If you edit an egg-straction in the same way you're dead to me though. Cowboy up and carry egg :colbert:

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

I legitimately love that big dumb honeybear. One of the biggest downfalls of Generations is the lack of monster intros. The ones in 3 and 4 did such a fine job of introducing the personality of the monster as a creature in nature, as opposed to just The Next Target.

In fact, that's part of the appeal for me, and it's one that God Eater and Toukiden both lack. The monsters all feel real, and we have a tough but fair fight to take them down.

Then we take some goodies and use the rest to build ships, houses, and sandwiches.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

What's definitely clear is you'll have a hard time going back to 3U after 4U. The new weapons - insect glaive and charge blade - are really excellent, and they added some cool mechanics to the rest of the weapons that are hard to live without.

Case in point I cannot play Longsword in 3U just because they hadn't invented the run-in slash after a fade slash evade.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

Learn to love the goddam Qurupeco because you need his goddam beak breaks for everything.

I'm a little sad they replaced him with the similar but more boring Great Maccao in Generations

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

Oh hey I see you are trying to carve. Mind if I take a closer look?

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

Jeez, getting a green sharpness weapon is a gamechanger and feels like a huge achievement.

I really love the early part of monster hunter games. Everything feels so fresh and new without being overly challenging. Once you get into high rank, the game turns into a little bit of a treadmill. Never mind G rank.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

We all do, Shlap

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

Gobul cheats, is the short answer. Numerous spherical attacks, surprising mobility, and a mouth that takes up 120 degrees of its frontal hitbox. Real nice.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

I'm going to work up a bow set for multiplayer. I think it'd be cool to get some goons together for a nostalgia trip and try to hit g rank

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

Large bird wyverns can be a real hassle with a great sword. Way too zippy.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

We got junk-rear end Iodromes instead.

Feh.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

THE GOD drat KING O' THE SEA :black101:

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

How can you hate a monster with a face where its rear end should be

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

I like Duramboros a lot. Such a stupid-looking monster but surprisingly deadly.

First time that dope launched itself into the air by the rear end I carted cause I was laughing too hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's no joke

Nibelsnarf

dislikes smoke

• Locked thread