Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I hope you kill many large critters and make hats out of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I was not especially sold on the hunting horn at first until you beat the Great Jaggi's head in with it. And then I noticed you were doing a merry jig with it, and when you did it looked like the bagpipes were a festive headdress.

I'll always be a Greatsword man myself, though.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Skippy Granola posted:

I legitimately love that big dumb honeybear. One of the biggest downfalls of Generations is the lack of monster intros. The ones in 3 and 4 did such a fine job of introducing the personality of the monster as a creature in nature, as opposed to just The Next Target.

In fact, that's part of the appeal for me, and it's one that God Eater and Toukiden both lack. The monsters all feel real, and we have a tough but fair fight to take them down.

Then we take some goodies and use the rest to build ships, houses, and sandwiches.

One of my favorite things about Monster Hunter's setting is how much of the world is built out of giant dead dragons and dinosaurs. Like, sure, they can work steel and all kinds of other ores, but these materials are better. Just, uh, harder to mine on account of the giant screamy wyvern trying to kill you and objecting to how badly you need his bones for structural supports.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

MachuPikacchu posted:

Story time: The first time I hunted Wroggi, Cha-Cha would wait to smack me until AFTER I had already recovered from the sleep gunk, keeping me in place just long enough to get hit by another hit of sleep gunk.

loving Cha-Cha.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I literally never used Cha-Cha when I was playing Tri.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Skippy Granola posted:

THE GOD drat KING O' THE SEA :black101:

Hell yeah, Lagiacrus fight! This was the highlight of my experience with Tri. :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

When I played Tri I just did everything with a Greatsword because I liked the Greatsword.

• Locked thread