Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

So All monster hunter games (I dont know if the first few did) give you a little companion to help you in solo play.
Usually it's a felyne, and they dont get any, or much, lines of dialogue or importance.
They're also all adorable and you can dress them up in armor that you get the pieces for pro bono when creating your own armor.
So you can go out in your giant dragon armor with your little buddy also in giant dragon armor:

In this one they give you cha cha. who is terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

C-Euro posted:

The Switch Axe does indeed own, pretty sure I used it the whole time I played 3U.

Counterpoint: I would rather listen to Cha-cha's weird tribal babbles for an hour non-stop than ever hear the awful Felyne sounds. They're so grating and so frequent that they became an in-joke between my wife and me.

Double Counterpoint:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I havent played anything past portable 3rd so whats so awesome about 4U?
I though MhGen/X was the best so far

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Aug 14, 2016

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Skippy Granola posted:

What's definitely clear is you'll have a hard time going back to 3U after 4U. The new weapons - insect glaive and charge blade - are really excellent, and they added some cool mechanics to the rest of the weapons that are hard to live without.

Case in point I cannot play Longsword in 3U just because they hadn't invented the run-in slash after a fade slash evade.

:stare: My god

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Miijhal posted:

Quick correction: Bouncing actually doesn't do any less damage, though it does drain twice the durability.

Though if you're bouncing off a part, that generally means you're doing really poor damage anyway, and you're attacking a part with a really low damage modifier.

UNLESS YOURE A HAMMER :getin:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I dont wuite like this point of the monster hunter games.
That crappy period between green and blue sharpness where monsters start getting big health buffs and youre still with many of the same basic armor skill and weapon options.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah
It more resembles a certain ninja cat bird lizard

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Juat looked up 4U's evasion skill

loving jesus christ on a stick
0.6 seconds of i frames?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Evasion +3 (at+20 evade) gives you .6
The probably much more attainable +2 gives you .4 at +15.

Thats a shitload of i frames.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Im a fan of the diabolos :colbert:
And especially when I club it to death.

Alao on why lagiacrus armor is good: flagship monster armor and weapons always seem to do very well until early-mid high rank. Even better if its from the flagship giant monster.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Nov 11, 2016

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Uragaan is barnacle jim

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

time for some bery hungry, very angry pickles :getin:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Nude starting S&S no hit no dodge no meat no run G-rank runs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Red hot chili pickles

Also Deviljho is the first monster you can usually find where the rage mode makes it much, much more deadly.
There are a few monsters whose rage mode also is a as much of a game changer but theyre instantly recognizable.

• Locked thread