Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SilverGryphon
Oct 14, 2012

This might just be fun after all.
Oh sweet, a MonHun LP! I'm very excited- 3U was my first but I didn't really truly get into the series until 4U. Now I have something new to watch while I play through Generations!

It literally just occurs to me that it makes sense that this is the game where you have the Shakalakas as sidekicks instead of cats. You go swimming all the time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverGryphon
Oct 14, 2012

Mzbundifund posted:

Never played this, clicked at random.

Saw a man carrying giant bones down to a dock for some reason. Man turned around, was wearing assless chaps.

Saw a cat trade cabbages he farmed himself for fish.

Saw a guy in a pink pompadour playing the bagpipes, and then clubbing dinosaurs to death with the bagpipes.

Saw a steak cooked to perfection.

Hm yes good thread. Will follow this.

And to think. The fun is just starting.

SilverGryphon
Oct 14, 2012

Cephadrome and his big cousins Plesioth and Lavasioth are horrible.

Stab more crabs instead.

SilverGryphon
Oct 14, 2012

DetectiveDorian posted:

I got MH4U last year for a discount on my 3DS and I love it. gently caress Gore Magala, though.

I got Generations for my birthday five days ago, though, and i've been more or less addicted. I tend to exclusively use the longsword, personally. Not entirely sure why, but I just love how it feels.

Loving how a weapon feels is all the reason 'why' you need for using it ^_^ I didn't get that feeling until I picked up Insect Glaive in 4U and I'm loving it in Gen. Longsword isn't bad though. And hammer. Hammer is Good.

SilverGryphon
Oct 14, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

I've got a friend who's scared to god drat death of Creatures Of The Abyssal Deep, and Gobul fits that list rather nicely

I should show him pictures :D

You are a horrible, evil friend XD

Gods, I don't even remember what I ran for Gobul back in the day. I think it might have been dual swords. In retrospect that was probably a mistake.

SilverGryphon
Oct 14, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

I'm happy this LP exists.

I "started" with 3U myself. I say "started" because I didn't get very far. I sucked. I forget how far I got but I don't remember the Barroth, so I must not have fought him. I remember the red balloon bird, though. gently caress him.

I really got sucked into the series with 4U, where I found my best friend the Insect Glaive. Rodeo monsters all day long! I played a ton of 4U with a small group of friends, who taught me the finer points of smashing monsters, the most important one being Always Prance. Always.

I am loving Generations! More rodeoing opportunities can only be good, as far as I'm concerned. However... I main the Prowler, so I may be a crazy person whose opinions are not to be trusted.

XD That's basically my story, though I got a bit farther than you did. (that One Monster in the Tundra. It can go die in a fire.) But then I got 4U and fell in love with the Insect Glaive and it remains my main to this day. Mounts all day every day yo.

Nothing wrong with maining Prowler, my friend. You are Good Cat and I for one will always welcome a Good Cat onto my team.

SilverGryphon
Oct 14, 2012

Shlapintogan posted:

:siren:UPDATE:siren:

I hate Gigginox almost as much as I hate underwater fighting.

Also, let's take a quick look at Hunting Action through the lens of Musou games in Toukiden Kiwami, a stylish game about killing oni to make hats out of them.

Unrelated, but DoubleNegative also started an LP recently. It unfortunately involves 100% less prancing.

Why not just wear Great Wroggi armor for Gigginox? I recall it had the Poison skill built in, and makes you look like a ~fabulous~ cowboy to boot!

SilverGryphon
Oct 14, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

I think I'll stick to Generations. I would miss my Bugstick. And my cats. Plus underwater combat SUCKS.

The more I watch 3U LPs, the more I agree with this statement.

Bugstick 4 lyfe.

(also sometimes hammer)

SilverGryphon
Oct 14, 2012

I've never had an issue with Khezu. Admittedly, I may be biased- I started in 3U, where I ran around with a longsword and no insect glaive vault, which I rely on heavily to get me out of danger zones. Gigginox was hell, made only slightly better by wearing G Wroggi armor to prevent her stupid poison. And even then, I was constantly getting windswept or knocked back by poison clouds so it was nearly impossible to land a hit.

I also didn't notice the lack of music until I started watching Let's Plays because I always play with the sound off anyway. Usually so I can... watch Monster Hunter LPs while playing...

Wouldn't mind being able to take a Glaive to a Gigginox fight... that would be some sweet revenge right there.

SilverGryphon
Oct 14, 2012

The music for that last fight and cinematic is awesome.

And looking forward to the Hungry Hungry Pickles! Have a great December, guys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverGryphon
Oct 14, 2012

So I had read about the Great Angry Pickle back when I played 3U. I never got far enough to get to it, so I just noted the stories of this terrorbeast and moved on.

Then I do an online quest in 4U in the Frozen Seaway. Don't even remember what the quest was, just that everyone's split up looking for the thing we're hunting and I entered one of the caves and ran smack into it.

I've never noped faster out of an area in my life. Told the G-rank player leading our party what had happened and he just laughed and said yeah, running was the smart option.

• Locked thread