Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Monster Hunter is one of those things that is just consistently impenetrable yet addictive. I spend most of my time playing MH cursing at the game, yet here I am anxiously waiting for my copy of Monster Hunter Generations to arrive in the mail.

Also, I'll second the love for the Hunting Horn. It was my go-to weapon for grinding [monster]s in 4U.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Counterpoint: Yian Kut Ku is the absolute worst, and I hate it. Anything with a hitbox three times larger than itself should not exist.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

If you're playing Monster Hunter, looking stuff up on Kiranico is almost mandatory. Once you're well into the game and you have to grind/scavenge for specific things it helps a ton.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

I would just like to add that I came across this Twitter account yesterday.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

It's pretty bad. The controls are unintuitive and the mechanics of underwater fighting are clunky. Capcom rightfully abolished it for 4U and replaced it with mounting, which is much better.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Story time: The first time I hunted Wroggi, Cha-Cha would wait to smack me until AFTER I had already recovered from the sleep gunk, keeping me in place just long enough to get hit by another hit of sleep gunk.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

THE DREAD QUEEN IS HERE :black101:

Lagiacrus is cool and all, but the removal of underwater combat after 3U makes fighting him in Generations kind of anticlimactic. Rathian rules very much.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Hey, guess loving what?! Capcom has a new game for us to play with! Featuring the return of Barroth! And also some other monsters from Monster Hunter 3U that, uh, we haven't seen yet, so don't click that link if you don't want to be spoiled on them.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

re: hitbox talk

gently caress CEPHADROME

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Evasion +3 (at+20 evade) gives you .6
The probably much more attainable +2 gives you .4 at +15.

Thats a shitload of i frames.

Evasion +3 plus Mega Dash Juice is how you do Evade Lancer properly.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

There are lots of things that make Generations look like the unfinished, extra-long demo of XX. The monster intros for one, but also the completely non-existant story: your character just walks into the village and starts taking quests. If anything, Generations pushed me back to MH4U.

(Generations is still good, though, don't get me wrong)

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

This is why Mind's Eye is great and I love it. Being able to wail on Agnaktor with sword mode is the best.

E: Flame Aura is one of those skills I just don't get

Ex2: DoubleNegative get MH3U, what is wrong with you

MachuPikacchu fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Nov 16, 2016

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Or, perhaps, does Jay Leno look like Uragaan? Think about it.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

As someone who finally, FINALLY reached G Rank in MH4U after 200 hours, here's to moving on to High Rank! Time to get some pickles!

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Shlapintogan posted:

I have a tradition when I introduce new people to Monster Hunter and that is to do my absolute best to hide the existence of Deviljho from them until they get properly introduced.

No one ever told me about The Pickle. I found out when doing an HR hunt with a friend. The worst part was that it spawned in the same area I was currently in.

"Nope, no Rathalos here...hey there's something weird coming out of the gr--HOLY poo poo WHAT IS THIS TH- *cart*"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Savage Deviljho is a right rear end in a top hat. Its default state is classic Pickle's angry state, and it can get angrier after that.

• Locked thread