Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Shlapintogan posted:

I am prepared to be laid low by the desire sensor for the rest of eternity.

I believe in you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

bman in 2288 posted:

Edit: I'm beaten and wrong.

Also, it's me. I'm the guy who uses the bow exclusively, because I'm a madman.

Bow is really good! Except underwater where it is just The Worst thing possible.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Seyser Koze posted:

The closest I ever got to Monster Hunter was playing Toukiden on the Vita, and based on the conversation it doesn't seem like it was very close to monster hunter at all

Toukiden is the most orthodox of the MH clones, though you can feel the Dynasty Warriors lineage in it and it does excise a lot of stuff like the farm and consumable items.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

SilverGryphon posted:

Gods, I don't even remember what I ran for Gobul back in the day. I think it might have been dual swords. In retrospect that was probably a mistake.

Yeah, I always fought him with DS and..yeesh. I think I mostly ended up just fishing him into bombs on the shore so I could spend less time underwater.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Jay Leno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

JamieTheD posted:

I sometimes really dislike the "Sub-Optimal" crowd. Can't wait for somebody to do MHGen so folks see that "sub-optimal" can also mean enjoyable (Shoutout to everybody who just uses Aerial Style to kickflip off their friends.) Or heck, even "challenging yourself" (I'mma try and take down this monster I have to hunt for parts... But this time, I'll use... THING to up my skills!)

Basically, sod optimal play in so many ways.

Don't forget the two words that must never be uttered together. "Fashion hunter".

• Locked thread