Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

What should I do? He totally just wants to grab a beer and hang out with me.

This guy posted an ad on my local subreddit looking for an illustrator to work on a book for basically nothing. I made a thread in the freelancer subforum calling him out on being a cheap rear end in a top hat, because is a cheap rear end in a top hat, and I have no life and it was fun. Here's the OP. For people who don't do freelance work, offering exposure and maybe possibly points for work is bullshit unless you have massive networking contacts or the position is an internship. Which is never the case when someone's offering exposure instead of money.

He deleted most of his posts so here's another screenshot.

Callout thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/freelance/comments/4vfc99/how_not_to_freelance/

The guy is very adamant about letting me know his name is Sam Zurick. If posting his name and email's not okay I'll take it down, but he keeps sending this poo poo to me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Albuquerque/comments/4vffon/im_not_seeking_a_book_illustrator_anymore/

A lot of times when I make a post somebody disagrees with on reddit, and they find out I'm a she, it usually turns into a barrage of misogynistic "You stupid oval office" "You're just angry because you're desperate for my HUGE COCK" bullshit. I know it's not news reddit's full of assholes, but it just reminds me how awesome the community is here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Foreskin Problems posted:

I like the part where you instead of ignoring a person you disagreed with you engaged them in an Internet argument

I liked that too.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Poetic Justice posted:

I just made a reddit account and pm'd the musician and told him you were such a baby you made a thread about him on somethingawful because you were so triggered

Cool. This is the response I got from him:

I'll make it really easy for you, Mr or Miss Astronomy Mars, cuz I'm sensing you need to remain anonymous to maintain the faux-allure you've self-consciously attached to your Reddit cyber-swagger & subsequent inconsequential game show points...
My email address, again, is samzurick@gmail.com. I encourage you to please email me so we can meet up at some point within the next 25 days (when I'll be in Abq) to discuss this matter privately, you know, really drill-down to core of it all - or would you prefer my phone number?
And I now understand Reddit is a cesspool of 24 hour CNNesque disposable opinions that take the form of dog-piles, virtual gang-rapes & gorilla-brained validation competitions, which is cool - whatever it takes to replace boredom with something that resembles the feeling of being alive.
I also urge you, Mr. or Miss Astronomy Mars, to check out some of my past creatively artistic soul-workings I artistically created from the soul of my inflamed overgrown clitoris - maybe it will make your underpants less tight around your own dehydrated genitalia (another demerit for me for not maintaining professionalism: - 1)
And so here's a list of bands I was in: Ghosts & Vodka, Make Believe, Cap'n Jazz, People Dick, Joan of Arc, Owls, Sudden Porthole, The Table, Jizzbot Olympics (aka Reddit)
And again if any book illustrators want a paying gig (and not any exposure or camaraderie or fun in the spirit of collaboration), please email me at samzurick@gmail.com -- simple black ink on white paper, approx 50-100 drawings total. There will be a contract for you to look over and sign prior to any rendered services.
Enjoy the music! - and I look forward to you, Mr or Miss Astronomy Mars, publishing this in other subreddits so I get more exposure for the project I'm working on.
But seriously, lets meet up! You seem so down to Earth and in tune with the proletariat and I ache for more of that cyber-generated old-fashioned wisdom.
Copy/Paste/Send/Hope For Game Show Lights To Flicker duhhhhhhhhhhhhh
barfs into hat

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

mdm posted:

sorry you both sound like retards OP

:(

• Locked thread