Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Goodbye, three-year relationship. Jesus christ I wanted you to work out so, so loving badly. It was close, but not close enough. Lord knows we both tried, but better now that in 8 years/a kid. I have been the king of red-flag ignoring in all of my prior relationships, and I couldn't let myself do it again despite how desperately I wanted to. She was a great girl, I wish her only the best.

loving hell, man. Tide, what you got going on this weekend ;-*

edit: What a fantastic page snipe, thank you for that much needed laugh cosmic post Gods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

NitroSpazzz posted:

For a event themed water wonderland there was a distinct lack of water stuff and water filling stations...lots of people bitching on facebook of course. Enjoyed it but not sure if I'll be doing another camping festival especially if there's nothing to do during the day other than sit around and be miserable in the heat other than doing all the drugs if you're into that. A real shower, climate control and my own bed haven't felt that good in a while.

Lack of water plus all the drugs sounds like a really bad idea. Wait, no, it is a really bad idea. This coming from someone who learned what dehydration was while on drugs at a rave

Goddamn, AK1200 is still around?! I remember driving all the way out to Little Rock (from Dallas) to see him back in the late 90s. Can't say I recognize most of the names in the lineup, but I bet that was a hell of an event.

Adiabatic posted:

e: legit tho incoming "gently caress 2016" glitter text for two days over some dude that hasn't been relevant for 45 years.

And for that, if whenever we meet, I shall slap you with a mighty :fuckoff:

Goober Peas posted:

Does hyundai still run the spark plug wires through the intake?

I... what? How?

Rhyno posted:

Assessor was here just now, didn't question a thing we had down as damaged. Approved our property replacement, should have a check by Thursday.

Sounds like you have a decent insurance company (and didn't put anything questionable on the claim). Hell even what the artist wants for a reprint is very reasonable, which is probably why the appraiser didn't bat an eye. He's probably more concerned about the claim from the property management company.

Property company letting you guys stay in the unit during repairs?

You Am I posted:

My dad has Alzheimers and that's hit home big time :smith:

My grandmother on my mom's side had it, and gently caress, that was so hard to watch. She made it to 93, but her mind was pretty much gone by 85.. :smith: I think we picked up on early signs when she was in her 70s? Kinda amazed she made it as long as she did.

My grandfather on my dad's side died from complications of it, though I was really young (I think I was 3 or 4 when he died) - I have one very faint memory of him. Hell, he was pretty young too, late 50s or early 60s I think? Badass that flew a bomber in WWII, so I'm told. My dad won't talk about him much. Upside is my dad turns 70 this year and shows no signs, downside is I was always taught it skips generations (so I may get turbofucked from both sides of the family if that's true).

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Finally got an aux cord for my work van so I don't have to listeb to the radio all day. Now it is just too bad I am not allowed to change out the speakers or add a sub. When you sit in tje back if the van for 10 hours like an office, music is key. Also need to run a dryer duct from the passenger AC vent to the back because I have been sweating my balls off all summer.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Grakkus posted:

Bought a new project yesterday, a Mercedes 190E 2.6:

A planned 2.5-hour drive home took nearly 7 because one of the rubber coolant hoses between the rad and the block decided to split, then it's replacement wouldn't go on properly and leaked heavily, at one point in the night developing such a leak that it drained nearly as fast as I could refill it. Trying to jam a rubber hose leaking scalding-hot liquid into place with one hand while screwing a hose clamp shut with one of those 4-inch long screwdrivers (because it's the only thing that will fit in the cramped as hell engine bay) at night, on the side of the highway, isn't much fun :v: Luckily a couple of truckers stopped and lent a hand and some thick work gloves, thank God for the helpful types :)

Total cost 800 euros plus about 10 for replacement coolant, and probably several years of my lifespan.

lovely picture of it parked at home this morning:

Yeah this is cool. I have much love for this era of Mercedes. DTM this badboy up plz.

*edit:

Oh poo poo, Fo3 is back?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

some texas redneck posted:

And for that, if whenever we meet, I shall slap you with a mighty :fuckoff:

lmaooo im sure this sounded better in your head

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

http://newsthump.com/2016/08/30/millennials-mourn-the-death-of-the-bloke-off-that-meme/

Humour is best medicine and all that.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Congratulations on your two new cars, blk.

Adiabatic posted:

As did this.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

this ones much better than mine bravo

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

meatpimp posted:

As did this.

since when did you start defending violence

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Adiabatic posted:

he mad at something idk

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Coredump posted:

That is an incredibly frivolous economic decision you could make. The sensible choice would be to get the Sport Cup 2's on a set of dedicated track wheels.
If you're getting dedicated track wheels get dedicated track tires.

scuz posted:

Turbo Tim Employment Update (TTEU): until it gets colder outside, I can do something like one shift every 3 weeks on Saturday. Once it gets colder more people are willing to work the front of the shop as receptionist or whatever so I can do more Saturday shifts at that point. I mentioned to him that I can also help out with any IT/networking/computer needs in the shop and he said "that, my friend, i can find you work for....." so, cool! I plan on starting a thread about an unqualified backyard wrencher working in a 5-star garage when I have enough material to do so, but until then, I'll spare you any content-free updates :jiggled:
:hfive: Congrats on the new side job, I'll mention to shop to my Dad and other MN based VW friends

Rhyno posted:

Assessor was here just now, didn't question a thing we had down as damaged. Approved our property replacement, should have a check by Thursday.
Always nice when things go smooth after a gently caress up like that. Having to argue for a few dollars on everything is such a pain in the rear end

Super Aggro Crag posted:

RIP Gene Wilder. :(
Looks like a Blazing Saddles and other Wilder classics night

blk posted:

Right when I just bought my wife a car, am starting a new job and about to have a baby:

I keep thinking about picking up a 190e to complement the M3 but I just didn't fall in love with the way they drive at all

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Goodbye, three-year relationship. Jesus christ I wanted you to work out so, so loving badly. It was close, but not close enough. Lord knows we both tried, but better now that in 8 years/a kid. I have been the king of red-flag ignoring in all of my prior relationships, and I couldn't let myself do it again despite how desperately I wanted to. She was a great girl, I wish her only the best.
:glomp: Sorry man. I'm a relationship newbie but drat I'm not looking forward to it going south if it does

some texas redneck posted:

Lack of water plus all the drugs sounds like a really bad idea. Wait, no, it is a really bad idea. This coming from someone who learned what dehydration was while on drugs at a rave

Goddamn, AK1200 is still around?! I remember driving all the way out to Little Rock (from Dallas) to see him back in the late 90s. Can't say I recognize most of the names in the lineup, but I bet that was a hell of an event.
Yeah we saw a couple people on bad trips, one seizure and several that just looked like death. I caught the tail end of AK1200, not bad.

Now that the festival is done and things are somewhat back to normal for a while I'm going to be making a thread for my projects. "JDM in my DTM" is current title but open to ideas from people way more creative than me.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Aug 30, 2016

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

NitroSpazzz posted:

Yeah we saw a couple people on bad trips, one seizure and several that just looked like death. I caught the tail end of AK1200, not bad.

Always sad to see that. At moonrise they've been super careful to have a shitload of people running through the crowd squirting water in the mouths of people who are looking rough. Seems to work well as there haven't been any deaths there.

Ezoo is this weekend and I can't wait to get up there. Anyone going?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Adiabatic posted:

That gimmick is getting old.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
So the shithead that loving clipped me as I was trying to pull out this morning and then try and blame me is the final straw and I'm in full on gently caress 2016 mode.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

I have a dashcam in the MR2 specifically for rush hour traffic.

I've saved some of my favorites... I should upload them.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

but for real 2016 has been awesome and i wont have you lambasting her like that

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
2016 has been okay personally

But it took Gene from me.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Adiabatic posted:

Always sad to see that. At moonrise they've been super careful to have a shitload of people running through the crowd squirting water in the mouths of people who are looking rough. Seems to work well as there haven't been any deaths there.

Ezoo is this weekend and I can't wait to get up there. Anyone going?

This was the third year for Imagine and the first time at a big venue...they weren't ready. Between no signage, not enough water, security that didn't know where anything was and had NO RADIOS and a few other things they're really lucky nothing bad happened. It was still a great time but our group will probably pick a different festival next year.

Ezoo is near the top of the list as a possible for next year. Have fun

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Ezoo is super heavy on marketing and it's getting annoying. Also they do the thing where you have to convert money to "Ezoo bucks" at a rate of 9 bucks for $20.

EDCNY has been my absolute favorite but I've only been to the three, albeit twice each.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Adiabatic posted:

Nah, he's right.

Fuckyear.gif was the worst meme and needs to stay dead.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Adiabatic posted:

but for real 2016 has been awesome and i wont have you lambasting her like that

Its been up and down. Prince is dead though and that still bugs me.

Also, the worlds oldest living parrot, Cookie the cockatoo, has died at the age of 83.

epic bird guy fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Aug 30, 2016

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

this is cool and good:

https://www.steven-wesley.com/the-1-difference-between-winning-or-losing-and-happiness-or-unhappiness

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

On a lighter note, I found a version of this in a second hand store the other day:

Yah, that's real. I'm not sure if it's a jab at the history of Porsche or something, all I could find out is that in the context of the comic it is part of a street racing gang literally known as the Nazis. :raise: It appears that they removed the swastika on re-releases though.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

SCA Enthusiast posted:

Its been up and down. Prince is dead though and that still bugs me.

As my friend put it "Prince's death was the greatest thing to ever happen as you can now find footage of his performances online."

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Adiabatic, AI wellness and sadbrains expert.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

i am awesome, therefore i am.....

awesome

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Sword and Scale is a crazy podcast. I heard about it from some coworkers. I have not listened to them all, and some I have skipped over because :barf: but true crime stories are pretty frickin crazy man.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

"Evolving Consciousness"

Pseudoscience alert spotted. Plus, I never trust corporate coaching types. Its all jargon and middle management woo.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
It's nice if this works, but it doesn't work for everyone. Therapists and anti-depressants are around for reasons, we can't all think ourselves happy again.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Sword and Scale is a crazy podcast. I heard about it from some coworkers. I have not listened to them all, and some I have skipped over because :barf: but true crime stories are pretty frickin crazy man.
Yeah, this and "My Favorite Murder" are intense and I can't listen to too much of it before I have to switch gears to something like kick-rear end guitar rock.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Stop being a mental-illness denier.

scuz posted:

Therapists and anti-depressants are around for reasons, we can't all think ourselves happy again.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I'm all for optimist and the happy outlook they have on life. But what gets are the optimists with inability to deal with the fact that life has low points, or acknowledge poo poo gets real. Its like they can't compute it or threatens their worldview.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

lmao you guys are weird I just liked the article

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

What article?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Adiabatic posted:

your not allowed to not have a mental illness its not fair

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

quote:

Tool 2 -- Self Love

I was told too much of this would make me blind. Confirm/deny?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

88h88 posted:

I was told too much of this would make me blind. Confirm/deny?

They don't really put lead in hand tools any more so I think you'll be alright.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Adiabatic posted:

Nah, guys who do corporate coaching are weird.

We're just cranky curmudgeons.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Wait hold on where did the corporate part come from

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Adiabatic posted:

Wait hold on where did the corporate part come from

Products and Services: He's a Corporate and (expensive) Personal Coach. He's out to sell you something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

I like this one too I have it by my bed:

http://www.sfheart.com/desiderata.html

• Locked thread