Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Candy Corn

:haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Weight chat:

I was 6'2" and 145# from approximately 13 until I turned 30. I ate (drank) pretty much whatever I wanted, however much I wanted and would never gain weight. At some point after my 30th birthday, I started gaining weight. I got up to 250# before I even realized it. I'm 38 now and hover in the 195 - 205 range pretty consistently. Losing weight is a real challenge (I'd like to get down to 175-185 range). My extra weight is pretty evenly distributed, so you'd never know I needed to lose weight - I don't have a gut or excess flab in any one spot.

Rhyno posted:

So it looks like I did crack a weld on this thing.

Hopefully I can find somebody locally to reweld this sucker for cheap.

That's a subpar weld and I would be on the phone with the manufacturer and/or the store that sold it

IOwnCalculus posted:

I now get why people hate millennials. I think this officially makes me old but I don't care.

Sitting at dinner with my almost-4-year-old, a couple of college age kids sit in the booth directly behind us. After ten minutes of them reading off all of their hilarious Pokémon names like "Gloopy gently caress" and calling the girl who brought them food a "dumb ho", I told them to shut the hell up. Response?

"Why are you using harsh language?"

This resonated with me because I had almost the *same*exact*scenario with a boomer a few months ago (not the pokemon part but 50-60 year old adults acting like idiots in public). It's like my generation (X'ers) made the same exact mistakes that our grandparents made raising the boomers. And now we're trapped between two generations of insanity.

(play me a violin, it's my turn to be the victim :laffo:)

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Hug it out guys

:glomp:

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Geoj posted:

Is that an annual limit or lifetime? $3500 annually is very generous for a dental policy, I've never had one that covers more than $1500/year and that includes a two year stint working at HP - so it's not like my entire employment history has been with companies that offer lovely benefits.

Annual. You're basically prepaying your bi-annual cleanings and x-rays, in exchange for a significant discount on anything else up to the annual limit. Same with most eyecare plans.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Look for all the speeling errars

(esp the one about the dirty control dick)

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I think questioning whether you married the right person is common, especially in the early years of the marriage. Also big life changes tend to put stress on the relationship that prime that question.

Sounds completely normal to me

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Any form of the bachelor/ette/in paradise franchise crap makes me want to drink sulfuric acid. This is terrible. Why do people watch this?

Turn off the volume and enjoy the view

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I actually overheard a guy at Autozone say 'bumber'

As in "when he backed in, he accidentally hit my bumber"

That's like someone actually calling it a 'manuel' transmission

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Sad Brains Moment:

What do you do when you realize that the only time you hear from your friends is when they want something. And when you need something they're nowhere to be found.

I just had that realization

This has been a Sad Brains Moment by Goober Peas

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

The ginger is the only surprise in that list, to me.

-Chris

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Many thanks to forums poster Goober Peas aka -Chris for your insightful thoughts.

Today I got up at 4:30 to put a Boston butt on the smoker and it's deep in the stall. Likely will need to foil it and shove it in the oven when I get home. A 14 hour cook at 225 just doesn't bring it to temp sometimes. :sigh:

That's what happens when I'm reading SA and doing work at the same time :bang:

Guess which emote I tried to use in the email my name should have appeared on

:eng99:

Goober Peas fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Aug 26, 2016

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

slidebite posted:

Well, at least the hail damage wasn't fixed yet! :buddy:

Some people would consider that a modification :cheeky:

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

some texas redneck posted:

Something I ordered from Amazon was marked as "Handed to a receptionist at front desk".

There is no receptionist. The leasing office is half a mile away on another street entirely. There's no note on the door, and nobody knocked. And the leasing office is closed today anyway.

Amazon told me they won't do anything until 5pm Tuesday "in case the delivery driver finds it and delivers it". I paid for Sunday delivery for a reason, damnit.

Nobody uses Frontier by choice. They use them because they have no other option.

I've had especially bad luck with Amazon Prime the last couple of years, especially when the last leg is USPS. Amazon seems to give even fewer fucks than USPS when I complain.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Does hyundai still run the spark plug wires through the intake?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Geoj posted:

This is what happens when the dealership owner needs to find a job for his idiot nephew/grandson/etc.

Tommy Boy

• Locked thread