Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

That whole thing was shady from the get go.

Regardless the owners of Shadow Hearts are different people and don't make videogames anymore (or got bought by someone who doesn't I always forget).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Also if you have a 3DS please try Gotta Protectors it is super fun.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Phantasium posted:

That whole thing was shady from the get go.

Regardless the owners of Shadow Hearts are different people and don't make videogames anymore (or got bought by someone who doesn't I always forget).

IIRC nobody knows who owns the rights to shadow hearts at the moment because of the various different people who have been involved with it, and unfortunately nobody is going to be able to find out who owns it I guess :\

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

IIRC nobody knows who owns the rights to shadow hearts at the moment because of the various different people who have been involved with it, and unfortunately nobody is going to be able to find out who owns it I guess :\

Nah it's known who owns it I just had to go digging through my post history to the last time someone informed me of it. All the other hands that have been in on it just published it.

ImpAtom posted:

They still exist but they pulled out of video games. They're called Universal Entertainment Corporation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Entertainment_Corporation

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Phantasium posted:

Also if you have a 3DS please try Gotta Protectors it is super fun.

Apparently it's a sequel to "Protect Me Knight", how can I play that?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
That's bad too then, I just want them to rerelease their games dammit

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

Apparently it's a sequel to "Protect Me Knight", how can I play that?

It was only on Xbox Live Indie Games and I have not kept up with the Microsoft marketplace to even know if you can still buy stuff off of there.

Edit: Also if you're worried about it being a sequel or something it's not really got a story outside of making jokes.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Blackfyre posted:

This thread title really should reference the Aug in August because of Deus Ex.

I tried at the tail end of the last thread, but no one went for it.

Dr Cheeto posted:

What's your favorite weapon in Kid Icarus: Uprisjng?

Skyscraper or Black Club. I have a bunch of extremely high powered versions of them.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jay Rust posted:

I would consider "console exclusive" to mean "only available on this one gaming platform, and nowhere else". So games like Bloodborne :(

Definitely debatable though

Its not there are industry agreed upon terms
Console exclusives are like dead rising 3
Platform exclusives aka true exclusives are like bloodborne

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Bloodborne is coming to PC, I'm sure of it, I just have to wake up from this horrible nightmare first. :)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's coming out right after they port Demons Souls to PS4....

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I forgot about Deus Ex Mankind Divided in my op, an August game I'm actually pretty pumped for.

CJacobs posted:

Bloodborne is coming to PC, I'm sure of it, I just have to wake up from this horrible nightmare first. :)

Borrow someone's PS4 to play it. It's worth it. If you lived in my town, I'd be willing to lend it out but I'm pretty sure you don't.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

Its not there are industry agreed upon terms
Console exclusives are like dead rising 3
Platform exclusives aka true exclusives are like bloodborne

You're right

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

CJacobs posted:

Right after Fable 2.

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
My summer is already over, have to go back to work and get my classroom ready. The melancholy is overpowering. I just want to game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Robo Turnus posted:

My summer is already over, have to go back to work and get my classroom ready. The melancholy is overpowering. I just want to game.

i still got 5+ weeks.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Robo Turnus posted:

Cheer up, at least you have conference days. :v:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Just about finished up with the Thousand-Year Door. Man the last few boss battles don't mess around.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

bonus difference data gif:

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Real hurthling! posted:

i still got 5+ weeks.

we've started aug 15 for each year I've worked at this school. it sucks

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Robo Turnus posted:

we've started aug 15 for each year I've worked at this school. it sucks

they only let us in the day before 1st day for kids because otherwise they'd have to pay us for more time. contractually obligated to start after labor day too which is nice

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Real hurthling! posted:

they only let us in the day before 1st day for kids because otherwise they'd have to pay us for more time. contractually obligated to start after labor day too which is nice

I work in a private school so I mean I'm technically getting paid all these months anyway, and we get out pretty early in may, but I feel like I'd rather to Labor to Memorial than the poo poo we do now. All the public schools in state have basically our same schedule and I have no idea why. But yeah part of the deal u make when you chose private school life is giving up on the collective bargaining, generally. I wonder how many private schools there are out there that have teachers who work together to get what they want. I'm guessing its pretty drat low.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

school sucks real bad no matter what so its nbd

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

oddium posted:

a new pokemon trailer just dropped and vulpix/ninetales/sandshrew/sandslash are all ice type now

what the gently caress

What The gently caress

... well actually for Pokémon i guess that's sane

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Dr Cheeto posted:

What's your favorite weapon in Kid Icarus: Uprisjng?

Lancer staff with a +4 dash attack owns bones. Everything dies in a couple volleys, even on 9.

Sucks about the speed though.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/george_10g/status/760109477110566912/photo/1

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Gonna have a full team of Exeggutors.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I've run into a weird FFX-2 bug. After the massage minigame in Leblanc's mansion, it starts auto-skipping all skippable dialogue in every future scene. Has anyone else run into this problem?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The only thing I can find online is a French-language Steam post that never got resolved.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FactsAreUseless posted:

I've run into a weird FFX-2 bug. After the massage minigame in Leblanc's mansion, it starts auto-skipping all skippable dialogue in every future scene. Has anyone else run into this problem?
if only you could figure it out i bet there's a speedrunner out there who would love it

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

What is the better farming game; Stardew Valley or Rune Factory 4? Also why do both these farming games have combat in them.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

combat in stardew valley is limited to two specific areas that i think you can just never do entirely. i don't know about rune factory

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

hi guys, i'm doing a nuzlocke-lite through the generations with my own custom rules:

• pokemon death is still a thing, put 'em in the PC when they get KO'ed
  • use of the revive item is okay, but if a shop sells revives i can buy one from said shop.
  • if a pokemon dies, i can go back to the area where i caught it and catch a new, different kind of pokemon there. if i caught it by fishing, i can catch a replacement at the nearest fishable spot.
  • if a pokemon evolves in my possession, it gains an extra life

All right let's do this

...uh. Little help, games?

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Lizard Wizard posted:

hi guys, i'm doing a nuzlocke-lite through the generations with my own custom rules:

• use of the revive item is okay, but if a shop sells revives i can buy one from said shop.
  • if a pokemon dies, i can go back to the area where i caught it and catch a new, different kind of pokemon there. if i caught it by fishing, i can catch a replacement at the nearest fishable spot.

All right let's do this

I think this would be a hit in the Imp Zone.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Lizard Wizard posted:

All right let's do this

why the heck

I mean, Gyarados and try to catch a ground-type for the third gym

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
i always liked grimer.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

bloodychill posted:

Borrow someone's PS4 to play it. It's worth it. If you lived in my town, I'd be willing to lend it out but I'm pretty sure you don't.

Bloodborne is one of the only 3 PS4 games I own and probably ever will own

Lizard Wizard posted:

All right let's do this

Make a let's play thread

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Game of the month is going to be the second Ni-oh demo

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Broseph Brostar posted:

Game of the month is going to be the second Ni-oh demo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Also Tales of Berseria demo this Thursday if you have a JP account.

• Locked thread