Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Hell yeah

It would be rad as gently caress if I could figure out how to convert it back to a mortal combat thing to have for when I have parties or kids

Thanks for all the tips, guys :3:

There's always something like this adapter to plunk a PC in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Bloody Wolf for TG16 is pretty fun. I love that life energy upgrades are called "muscle emphasis tablets". The music is especially good. It's worth buying cheap or sticking it on an everdrive.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Yeah sell the lovely golf game PCB on eBay (someone will buy it and fix it) and slap in a non-garbo game such as Mortal Kombat II. Arcade cabinets have essentially been plug-and-play since the mid-80s so you could theoretically slap any trackball-based game in there. You already have a horizontal monitor so essentially all you'd need to do is buy a MK2 PCB and swap out the trackball control panel for one with two joysticks and 5 buttons for each player.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Oct 15, 2017

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

GutBomb posted:

Bloody Wolf for TG16 is pretty fun. I love that life energy upgrades are called "muscle emphasis tablets". The music is especially good. It's worth buying cheap or sticking it on an everdrive.

T H E P A I N I S G O N E

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Mortal Kombat Golf game?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

GutBomb posted:

All the dialog in that game is wonderful:

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I think that's the arcade version under the title Battle Rangers. The TG-16 version, if I remember correctly, is unfortunately much more coherent.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Rollersnake posted:

I think that's the arcade version under the title Battle Rangers. The TG-16 version, if I remember correctly, is unfortunately much more coherent.

I don't know about more coherent but I do know it's infinitely more playable. The arcade version is choppy as gently caress.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Semi-retro, give or take a few years, but I found an Xbox 360 HDD transfer cable for all of $5 today and ordered a 250GB hard drive off eBay (from a legit and known store, rather than a random seller) to transfer my 120GB one to. (I've been meaning to do it for years).

What I want to know is if there's anything important to know in regards to opening the 120GB drive shell and sticking a bigger 2.5-inch harddrive in it. I figure I either get a 500GB drive into the old HDD case, or even if I gently caress it up I've got a shiny new 250GB drive anyway.

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Semi-retro, give or take a few years, but I found an Xbox 360 HDD transfer cable for all of $5 today and ordered a 250GB hard drive off eBay (from a legit and known store, rather than a random seller) to transfer my 120GB one to. (I've been meaning to do it for years).

What I want to know is if there's anything important to know in regards to opening the 120GB drive shell and sticking a bigger 2.5-inch harddrive in it. I figure I either get a 500GB drive into the old HDD case, or even if I gently caress it up I've got a shiny new 250GB drive anyway.
If your 360 itself is modded, just throw the new drive in and go. If your 360 is not modded, then you're looking at using hddhackr, which needs a motherboard with SATA ports, and a DOS boot device. And hope it works with modern equipment, I guess. I had no problems using it on WD Blue and Black drives back in the day, but maybe newer drives or SATA chipsets are different enough to throw hddhackr off.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Wamdoodle posted:

All the dialog in that game is wonderful:

Was just playing it and man you aren't kidding. It's like if Dan Rycket made his own version of the NES Metal Gear.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Why aren't you just jamming a large USB hard drive off the back of the 360 for bulk storage? Microsoft changed the USB volume capacity limits back in 2015, so you can use any drive up to 2 terabytes.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/919631370338496512

What are some cool Sega CD games that aren't Sonic or SNATCHER?

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Heart of the Alien.

Alucardd
Aug 1, 2006
Although not as good as the original Turbo-CD version: Lords of Thunder.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

The Kins posted:

Night Trap!

All the FMV games are worth playing through at least once, although they were typically done better on the 3DO and PC.

Shining Force, Lunar, Final Fight, Ecco, and Eternal Champions if you want to see Sega attempting to beat Mortal Kombat.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
If you have a 32X, always burn the 32X CD version of a game. Much better video quality and higher color depth in general.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

The Kins posted:

Panic and Road Avenger

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
Slam City With Scottie Pippen

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

The Kins posted:

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010

Turbinosamente posted:

Panic and Road Avenger

Yes. Panic may be best played w/ :420:

absolutely anything posted:

Slam City With Scottie Pippen

No. Maybe once just to laugh.

Also no one is saying Sonic CD? I agree w that silence.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Sonic CD was the first sega game I played (because it came bundled with the windows 95 system that my parents bought)

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
I loved that whole thing Sega did where they released tons of their games on PC in the late 90s, because that's how I played most of them for the first time and Sonic CD and 3D Blast especially were great ports (Sonic R was an almost perfect port but dropped a few things like how the Saturn has some better transparency). But you kind of wonder why they were bothering, it could only have hurt the Saturn further, and then the Dreamcast.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

falz posted:

Also no one is saying Sonic CD? I agree w that silence.

The Kins posted:

c'mon man

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

The Kins posted:

If you want a decent port of a great shmup then Night Striker. It's like Space Harrier and has :krad: tunes done by Zuntata.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
The Terminator for Sega cd is great. The music is awesome and the gameplay is really fun too. The video sequences are poo poo but it's to be expected.

It's a different game than the cart version too.

The driving levels in the batman game are pretty fun too. You can even change in the settings to not have the sidescrolling levels in there at all and just play the driving levels.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Sir Tonk posted:

Night Trap!

All the FMV games are worth playing through at least once, although they were typically done better on the 3DO and PC.

Shining Force, Lunar, Final Fight, Ecco, and Eternal Champions if you want to see Sega attempting to beat Mortal Kombat.

No love for Sewer Shark?! I loved that game as a kid.

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010

Oh well. I anti recommended it then.

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

Drowning Rabbit posted:

No love for Sewer Shark?! I loved that game as a kid.

A complete cranial evacuation! It's a no-brainer, Mr. Ghost!

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

I got a PM saying there's a problem with the forum and this thread needs to be re-posted, is this still the case? I can see it fine but I will repost it if necessary.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

It was still broken as of 30 minutes ago. The problem comes and goes. Sometimes this thread will work, sometimes not.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

OK I'll make a new one

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

It’s just megathreads with a billion posts I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

ok here is the new thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3837622