Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
The Next Gen N64 Controller guys also made a next gen NES controller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFXy6GLsyKo

Well this is adorable.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Martytoof posted:

Before I throw up a thread in SA-Mart, any interest in OSSC with factory fitted HDMI Audio mod (output on OSSC is DVI, as they all are from factory, but I will include DVI-HDMI adapter)? I bought one and it doesn't do line tripling mode with my TV so I'm just going to stay with my crappy HDMI upscaler. No remote since I forgot to buy one with it, but you can use a crappy learning remote or buy one from videogameperfection. Looking to recoup most of my cost for something I'm never going to use.

How much you want for it?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

My Lovely Horse posted:

Haha, Red Bull put up an arcade machine at my local supermarket for promotion. You can play a rousing game of Windjammers between the dairy and snack aisles.

Well, I say arcade machine. I didn't take a picture, cause we've all seen emulated Neo Geo games stretched to widescreen on an LCD with no shaders.

not using original Neo Geo hardware is blasphemous.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Alucardd posted:

Look, the extra $200 to get a real Windjammers cart is outside their budget.

(Come on Darksoft, hurry up with your flashcart so i can flip my windjammers for one)

How much do they think Darksoft's cart will be? The NeoSD is too expensive.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
just use mame

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

How do they do it?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I honestly couldn't tell you.. :stare: (Avatar-sized)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8720XS-pquc

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Dr. Dos posted:

I know some time ago somebody in this thread posted a Game Boy cart with special accesory used to run diagnostic tests on like motorcycles or some brand of car

Excuse me it was a scooter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXK8NHum4Zw

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I tried putting in 'SEX' as my name in metal slug but it changed it to 'OH!'.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I did six months in a Japanese Penal Camp for importing a Flash cart, ask me anything.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Xenomrph posted:

Wait, black friday deals? Is that common with Everdrives? I've been considering geting an SD2SNES but it's drat expensive, some sort of sale would make that easier to swallow.

every year

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
35,000$ PS1 collection for sale: https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sydney-city/playstation/ps1-playstation-1-collection/1160733082

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
i miss degaussing things.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Phone posted:

Up until me remembering that I have a Sony set in the closet, I was seriously considering spending $500 and 6 hours round trip on picking up an endoscopy set up.

Complete with 'splash' guards?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Anyone here got a NEO GEO MVS system? interested in seeing your systems.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I have an unmodified (battery removed though) 2-Slot board sitting in a cardboard box if that counts?

for sale?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

Why Spend $80 on an SNES Classic When You Can Install Emulators on a Raspberry Pi and Never Shut the gently caress Up About It?

Nintendo’s highly coveted SNES Classic Mini system comes out today and is certain to be a hot item. A word of advice to gamers who aren’t able to land an SNES Classic: did you know you can just buy a Raspberry Pi and remind people at every opportunity how much loving better you are for it?

You’ve probably seen people on forums sharing their excitement for the $79.99 collectible mini-console, but we both know they’re wrong for wanting a product that’s not a cheap all-in-one computer running a Linux distro off a MicroSD card.

The process is so goddamn simple, why would anyone bother clicking “Buy” on Amazon and having the Super NES Classic delivered to their front door? Just order yourself a Raspberry Pi (but make sure it’s the one with HDMI out and has the MicroSD card reader, don’t accidentally get one of the industrial ones, unless you like soldering—which you know I do!).

After it arrives, get a MicroSD card and load NOOBS on it. You can also buy a MicroSD card with NOOBS pre-installed, if you want to miss the loving point entirely.

Find a good emulator online, like RetroPie, and place your ROMs in /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/snes and your controller configurations in /opt/retropie/emulators/pisnes. You don’t even technically need a controller, you can easily set it up to run on a just keyboard and a good batch of superiority. Can the SNES Classic do that? No loving way.

Speaking of which, some have said that the SNES Classic’s two controllers are an advantage, as if you can’t get USB controllers that look exactly the same as SNES controllers. Plus they’re only like $10 so when they break after a week they’re super easy to replace.

ROMs are easy to find on any torrent site, but make sure you’re running AdBlock. The torrent files for a lot of SNES ROMs will probably trigger your anti-virus software, so make sure you disable it beforehand. Do you like other systems? How about Neo-Geo? Or NES? Load up the complete library. It’s as easy as unpacking the tarball and installing the ROMs into the assigned directory from the command line. Child’s play.

Now that you’ve downloaded and installed all of your favorite SNES roms, all that’s left is closing your emulator and finding a forum or article where people are expressing joy about something. If you followed all of the steps correctly, you’ll be ridiculing people for the way they pursue their hobbies in no time!

http://thehardtimes.net/harddrive/spend-80-snes-classic-can-install-emulators-raspberry-pi-never-shut-gently caress/

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
What are the longevity issues that are going to cause retro consoles to die over time? Obviously there are dying/leaking capacitors and batteries, but what else?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
omg i want a Neo Geo washing machine:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Stoomie posted:

I'm loving around on aliexpress because I'm about to buy one of these and figured I'd see if there was anything else worth throwing into my order, and I had to share the glory of this with you all.

As an aside if you're interested in why I'm ordering what appears to be a lovely bootleg multicart, awful label aside, it's apparently a pretty good one. Here's a decent review/teardown video about it, and they also have an NES version for about twice the cost, because there's a pin coverter inside the cart. Oh, and its something like 153 in 1, not 100.

don't forget to buy Pokemon Cock Edition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Mortal Kombat Golf game?

• Locked thread