Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

shyduck posted:

I stopped at the local thrift store after work. I didn't think much of it. They're usually OK for some stuff. Well...

:stare:

60 bucks for this whole lot. The SNES games were half off, so 2.50 apiece. I've never had a score like this. I had trouble putting basic thoughts together as I was checking out.

Those SNES games all complete in box...what the hell.

Stunt Race FX is the most hilarious thing. Prepare for blazing single-digit FPS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

al-azad posted:

N64 games are common, especially cart only. Prices are higher than they used to be but have more or less stabilized. You'll pay $50-100 for Mario Party and Conker's Bad Fur Day, less than $30 for pretty much everything else.

Wait, I can sell the Mario Party 1 cart in my closet for $50? Holy poo poo.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Kthulhu5000 posted:

It probably would have been the Nintendo equivalent of the Sega CD or 3DO. CD audio (good), lots of storage space (good), but still not enough system horsepower to really do anything useful or radical with it (bad). So maybe it would have gotten a few good exclusives, and a few souped versions of cartridge-only games, and maybe a shitload of FMV games, but not much more that.

I've asked this before and not gotten a straight answer, but how much of the limitation on the SNES' audio was file size vs what the SNES' sound chip could actually output? If games were 500 MB rather than like 3 MB, you obviously can stick on much larger audio tracks, but could the SNES output audio that does justice to those file sizes?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Question:

I've been toying with the idea of buying the old Fat PS3 I've seen at my local retro gaming place as a way of getting access to the PS1, PS2, and PS3 libraries in one, but people keep telling me that Fat PS3s are ticking time bombs, unreliable, and will inevitably die sometime in the near future. Is this hyperbole?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

In Training posted:

It's probably cheaper to pick up a PS2 and PS3 and have more reliable access to both libraries anyway.

Fair enough. I'll look into a PS2 and a separate PS3, then.

• Locked thread