Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
This topic has probably been beaten to death, but is there a reason no third party has been able to make component cables for the Gamecube? I play most of the games on my Wii which is hooked up via component, but I would love to get the Gameboy Player to look even better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

FireMrshlBill posted:

Check out BadAssConsoles.com

They have the gcvideo and have a plan to roll out a plug-and-play solution for both component (using Wii cables) and hdmi in the future. However, they are funding development by selling the internal solutions first.

This is exactly what I'm looking for but I'll be damned if I have the know-how to piece one together myself. Guess I just have to hope it goes over well, a plug and play would be a god send.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

Erluk posted:

Did we really get a whole page without mentioning Ken Grif for the SNES? It's like the only good baseball game!

(The regular one not "Winning Run" that one is :butt:)

edit: two pages apparently!

Yeah Ken Griffey Jr presents MLB is amazing. I'm surprised Baseball Stars or Little League Baseball for the NES didn't get mentioned either.

If you're looking for something more current but not painstaking the way The Show can be, I highly recommend Super Mega Baseball.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Kind of in a similar boat with cables. I got a free 30" trinitron with hdmi, component, and s-video. I see Retrovision is waiting on more SNES component cables and they're usually about $50 with shipping stuff. Is the difference from s-video to component worth it? And if not, is there a particular cable to buy? I see game stores carrying the av/s-video cables in one made by Hyperkin or TTK or whatever but remember people mentioning that some cables just split the signal and don't do much. With this tv I'd ideally like to set up NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube for game boy player, PS2, and Xbox.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
I was paranoid about roms and stuff and bought games here and there and before I knew it I had built a corner of my apartment into a retro game station.

I also collect vinyl. And some sports things. I hate money.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Going back to arcade cabinets, I would kill own DDR Extreme if I had the space and that money to do it.

In also interested in picking up some of the SNES games I missed out on in my childhood. Namely Super Metroid and Super Mario RPG, but I'm concerned about battery life. None of my own games from the era have lost their saves, but should I be worried about this now?

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Is a 5"/6" Sony PVM worth my time for about $50 or should I not bother and hold out for something along the lines of a 13"? I know I'll be moving in a few months and am dreading having to move the 36" Wega I have, but I can't help myself when it comes to buying things I don't need.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
I have some fond memories of renting Stunt Race FX and battling some one for time trial speeds. I can't imagine the horror of hoping you picked the right copy of a cartridge game or praying that someone didn't erase your save.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
The talk of nonsense arcade cabinets is just another reminder that I would play the poo poo out of DDR Extreme if I had the money and space for one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
This reminds me that I never beat the ant missions from Red Alert and I should play those again.

• Locked thread