Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
The Genesis and SNES were also $200 in the US, so the price wasn't a mark in the Jaguar's favor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

From what I've seen, the SNES Classic seems to be a different sort of mediocre at audio than the NES classic was, and that clip is a good example of how.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

The SNES SPU actually has a reasonable amount of power besides only playing samples, and probably the emulator doesn't perfectly handle the modulation and reverb functions.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

I actually thought that about the Xbox but then I bought one and iIve ended up getting like half the library because there's a bunch of pretty fun games and they're all dirt cheap because no one else wants them.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

I plug all of my consoles into my 1080p HDTV directly via composite and it looks Fine Enough, and if you're allergic to dot crawl and color artifacting you can get cheaper functional RGB-SCART upscalers pretty easily. Yes the considerably more expensive RGB setup with a PVM and the Framemeister/OSSC are higher quality, but you don't actually have to use them.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Why do you need a PM'd zip when it's on the company's website still? Download the firmware marked as Legacy for the SFC30 and turn it on while holding Start and L.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

A whole whole lot of retranslation patches are hilariously bad and from the era of the early 2000's where fan translators universally decided that Japanese is a language where they use "Bastard" as punctuation.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

The Phantasy Star one is one of the few I've used that are really good, yeah.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Making an anime tie in game a Impossible Mission ripoff was such a weird decision.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

BSNES hasn't really had major accuracy/compatibility updates in a long time so even if Retroarch's version is kinda old it's still more than accurate enough.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Veotax posted:

Boo. How hard would something like that be to install if I haven't soldered in like 15 years?

If you have a model 1 Mega Drive it's possibly the easiest mod in the world to actually do.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

falz posted:

Anyone know if this trickles down to Master System mode? I would guess yes.

The Master System's region protection was cart shape and bios, so it should probably work.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Never buy a Genesis clone console.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

anothergod posted:

I totally agree (and I have more than I can count of those guys). But those are cost prohibitive, and the people who are going to play these controllers tend to bend/break micro USB connections. I might end up ponying up for a XB1 wireless receiver and two (six?) more XB1 controllers, buuuut.... that's like 2x the price of what I initially paid for the XB1 controllers.

If they're new enough and you have Windows 10 you can connect 1 or 2 via bluetooth.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Also the design of MicroUSB is considerably more solid on the port end than the connector end, in a nice change from MiniUSB

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

You can also buy 8gb m2 cards for about $25 and use them with the 16gb of internal storage to have plenty of space.

Using the adapter's kind of a waste since you pay $28 + 16gb microsd card to get only 8gb more than paying $20 and not having to gently caress with opening the PSP go.

Karasu Tengu fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Oct 12, 2017

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Panic Restaurant posted:

Alrighty, so based on no one mentioning it I'm going to assume it's not worth trying to fix the screen on a PSP. The Go is tempting, but I have a pretty decent collection of UMD's because I am a rube. So I'll probably just use this as an excuse to upgrade to a PSP-3000. Thanks for the help!

It's not actually very difficult to do it, if you have the basic know how to get inside of the PSP anyway.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

That's the usual excuse for SMB2 in particular, but there's a lot more cases where the US versions are made harder because we had a rental market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

falz posted:

Anyone know the actual reason that Contra Hard Corps port US was made 5x harder? Rental excuse should only apply to Nintendo imo.

That one's actually backwards, when they translated Hard Corps for Japan they made it dramatically easier.

• Locked thread