Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Donkey Kong 94 deserves way more love than it gets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm going to ask here because GBS couldn't figure it out -

About 10 years ago there was a flash game (well kind of a game) where you could click and drag a bunch of colored letters across a flat surface to form words. The kicker was that other people in the room could also click and drag the letters. So you had people write random messages in the rooms, or you had 20 people working together to form a giant penis using the letters. Someone could be a dick and steal the letters as you were trying to write something. I was wondering what the name of that game was and if it's still around.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Yayyyyyyy!!!!!!

Thank you

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The Milkman posted:

Has anyone gotten the BitBoxes from Stone Age Gamer? Curious if the case and printing are worth what they're asking. They're a little pricey but I only have a few dozen carts across NES/SNES/N64 to do. And the SNES games I may just keep in my one of these (and if there are people actually paying $140 for this loving box I'll gladly sell it to bankroll the cases). I've been ripping and packing away my now seldom used DVD collection which has freed up a ton of shelf space. I've been able to consolidate my disc and 3/DS games in that vacant space with more room to spare. It'd tickle my lizard brain to also have my carts there boxed up similarly, everything in its right place.

This reminds me - about 10 years ago when I was in California, some antique store had 4 or 5 of the original glass NES display cases from Toys R' Us that they were using to display antiques

How rare are those?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I have an official 360 wireless controller with an official 360 USB dongle receiver for Windows that used to work with my Windows Vista machine, but I can't get it to work with my Widows 10 laptop

From what I read online it's something to do with the dongle not handling properly on a 64-bit operating system

Is there any workaround for this, or should I just junk the controller?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

wa27 posted:

Uh, I used the official dongle with Win7 64 bit with no trouble. I could see it being a Win10 issue, but they were making those dongles when 64 bit was already a standard.

I'll try plugging mine into my Windows 10 machine when I get home and see if it finds the driver.

Ok cool - thanks

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

wa27 posted:

If it works, then I don't see any problem. It's not like the official ones were great. I had to bridge the 2mm fuse on mine because it burned out.

Also, I just plugged it in to a win10 machine and it recognized it right away.

For me it makes the "hey something connected!" jingle but it doesn't show up in Device Manager and there's no light

Is the dongle maybe just dead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Yoshi's Island got a GBA port and that version has been re-released once or twice but otherwise, yeah.

Poor ol' Stunt Race FX is nowhere to be seen...

IIRC GBA Doom was mostly just a port of the SNES version

• Locked thread