Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Semi-retro, give or take a few years, but I found an Xbox 360 HDD transfer cable for all of $5 today and ordered a 250GB hard drive off eBay (from a legit and known store, rather than a random seller) to transfer my 120GB one to. (I've been meaning to do it for years).

What I want to know is if there's anything important to know in regards to opening the 120GB drive shell and sticking a bigger 2.5-inch harddrive in it. I figure I either get a 500GB drive into the old HDD case, or even if I gently caress it up I've got a shiny new 250GB drive anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread