Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Oh yeah, Patapon and Locoroco are both real good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

FilthyImp posted:

The Saturn could, though, right?

Not really, no.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Okay "it can but only like four loving games did it and the rest use moire", Mr. Pedantic :colbert:.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

al-azad posted:

One that has the best Carmageddon port.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

d0s posted:

e: what the hell is nurgles rot

Sounds like a sex act.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That's because the tedious noise pollution that is Birthday Cake exists in JSRF. :colbert:

Actually that song is very sweet.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Phantasium posted:

Jogcon was dumb, long live the Negcon.

I always wanted to try one, but I never saw any around. This generation of consoles doesn't feel right without a Ridge Racer at launch, come to think of it..

Also, poscon my negcon.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Shadow Hog posted:

Ridge Racer on the Vita let you use the Hornet from Daytona USA, so that's automatically the best one in the series.

Even though it's also a shell of a game that you have to buy tons of DLC for to make into a proper release, which automatically makes it the worst one in the series.

And also, it's on the Vita, which means nobody will ever play it anyway.

It plays pretty well, too. Shame that it has so little content without coughing up. RR3D is pretty alright, feels kind of like Type 4.

I own this game and I don't really know why. I think an ex bought it and left it with me? It sucks.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Random Stranger posted:

So let's throw that out there: if I was to play one Armored Core game, which one is worth trying?

Hm..probably AC3 or AC For Answer. For Answer tends to be a bit faster.

My personal favorite is Nexus, but it made some changes to how heat management or something worked that made it a bit difficult, I can't recall. Also I wish more AC games other than Silent Line had first person modes.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Records still get produced, is the difference there.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Where would you even store the light gun?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

:smith:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Wizgot posted:

Plus, these types of books aren't meant to be stored on a bookshelf. They are coffee table books.

It'd probably be as big as a coffee table. In that case,

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Oh hey, many years later, Saturn Policenauts got a translation patch.

Readme with notes/changes: http://policenauts.net/english/files/Policenauts_Readme_English_Sega_Saturn_V1.0.txt

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

hail satan

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I really really like Phantom Crash and I wish either my OG Xbox controller worked or the 360 didn't crash it constantly.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Crimson Skies High Road to Revenge still has a fun single player, and the split screen is good.

I used to play it (and Halo 2) over dial up and everybody hated me, it owned.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

quote:

I can't tell you how PISSED OFF I am at all these emudev authors that all seem to be getting dollar signs now and trying to sell themselves out for a few nickles and dimes. Byuu with his wishywashy shady 'closed-source license exemptions' to Hyperkin, two of Snes9x's devs apparently having gone 'rogue' and thinking they can sell everybody down the river, good going guys, it seems there is truly no 'honor among thieves'.

poo poo like this is why more and more I feel there is no point anymore in defending this bullshit 'scene' and we all should just be better off if RetroArch/Libretro gets more game engine cores, more non-emulator related stuff, since the emulation scene just plain up 'sucks' and is full of dishonest people with a double agenda! Here you are having these guys' back and truly defending their noncommercial license and then it turns out these guys (or at least TWO OF THEM!) try to play games behind your back!

Whoever runs the libretro twitter account isn't having a great day, I guess.

VIDEO GAMES

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Byuu's case is a little different from two people trying to sell a fork of SNES9x.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

The Game Boy Micro was put out in like 2005, and even then was just another version of a system from 2001. It's retro.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

The newer, XMB knock-off UI in RetroArch is..well, better. Still not..good, but. Yeah..

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Electromax posted:

In case anyone else has a big emulation HTPC setup and is organizing their game rips a bit like I have been, and knows some basic programming, MobyGames just announced an API:

Oh, neat. I mean, a lot of tools had just been outright scraping the place for ages so it's nice to see something official.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Doc Morbid posted:

Of course, European PS3s never had any kind of PS2 backwards compatibility in the first place. :eurovision:

The very first model did, but it was the stripped down one that emulated either the EE or GS, I can't remember which. It was the only way my buddy could play PSU AOTI with me :v:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

d0s posted:

i have no idea what "blue mermaid high school fleet" is.

Some anime/mango about high school girls who go to high school. EXCEPT ON A BOAT! Other than that I think it's just one of those "slice of life" shows.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Most of the Outrun games, but especially 2/2006 because those vocal songs are just the best.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I've wanted to play this for years! Is this PS3 only or can I get some of this on my 4?

There is currently no way to play PS1 games on the PS4.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Shadow Hog posted:

It's a boss in Final Fantasy XIV's "Keeper of the Lake" dungeon, too.

Though I think it's an organic monster, and not a piloted ship of sorts.

Yeah, it's a big rear end bird carrying a large minigun that he swaps out periodically.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Crimson Harvest posted:

I've been using a RetroPie setup for my retro needs, but I keep noticing some input latency with the Wii U Pro pad that I have. Anyone else see this? I got that cheap SNES-like USB pad to test out but its junk because it has phantom inputs.

I've only used a 360 wireless pad on my RPi1 but I didn't notice any delay personally. I realize this isn't especially helpful, sorry.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

On another note entirely, I want to hear everyone's "favorite" bad port. Maybe it stands out to you for being exceedingly shite, maybe you have a big ol' soft spot for it regardless.

It's a little recent but still seven years back, but Dead Rising Wii was a real stinker. The controls were poo poo, photo taking was gone and there was something like 1/10th of the zombies the original game had. I guess it's kinda neat that they ported it to the RE4 engine or whatever, but at the same time the end result was so garbage that they shouldn't have bothered.

Double Dragon for the 2600 is a good one. It was kind of impressive. A lot of colours, still had the Double Dragon jingle and I guess it kind of looked like Double Dragon. Still played like poo poo and also I can't imagine it sold too many copies in '89.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

al-azad posted:

PS2 Deus Ex. By no means is it a "bad" port but the Tetris inventory is gone completely and large levels get chopped up with Metroid Prime like tunnels that lead to a new loading area and they look particularly hokey in big maps.

But the graphics are far better, the technology doesn't look blocky and cheap, and somehow controls are really tight on a controller. It was the first way I experienced Deus Ex and I wish somehow you could extract the graphics and plant them in the PC version.

Oh yeah, I watched the Digital Foundry video on that, it was pretty fascinating to see the differences.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

SMS Shinobi is considered a poor adaptation of the arcade game but I think it's perfectly playable on its own merits.

It's certainly a lot better than Cyber Shinobi, I'll give it that.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

super intendo

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Feh, typical yank, can't even make fun of other countries properly :rolleyes:.

I mean, you didn't even mention popping down th' local chippy! Or Big Ben!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Sadly, googling for a Peter Brock N64 has proved fruitless.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

'scuse the dust, this room sucks. Got an MD2 as well but I've never been able to get the expansion cover off.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Turbinosamente posted:

Kirby Super Star Ultra

quote:

kinda eh

:smith:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Jesus Christ how horrifying

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

END ME SCOOB posted:

Reading this has made me curious: is there a single positive thing to come out of Twin Galaxies or associating with them in the past decade?

Gonna go out on a limb here and say "nope".

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave posted:

And dogs chilling on Nintendo throw pillows:

Those are some good dugs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Jupiter is factually the best and Mercury is a bastard who won't stop hardcore zoning me in the SFC fighting game.

• Locked thread