Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joe Chill
Mar 21, 2013

"What's this dance called?"

"'Radioactive Flesh.' It's the latest - and the last!"

univbee posted:

Basically in all likelihood AP just got in over their head due to some awkward timing, like starting a 2nd group buy before a 1st group buy had really settled because of the surprise Everdrive GB announcement, and probably there was some money mismanagement and "stealing from Peter to pay Paul" or whatever that expression is type of planning that didn't really pan out.

I think posters in this thread should stop making excuses for Acid Police. During the whole mess, AP kept starting even more group buys and taking in more money while saying that he is getting "over his head."

It was a total scam, well planned ahead of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Chill
Mar 21, 2013

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave posted:

There are games that I know are "good" and for the life of me I should be good AT them, but I just fail so hard that I can't even get into it (despite numerous attempts). Like tonight, I'm sitting here trying to actually "get good" at Weaponlord, and I am having the shittiest time.

The only other game to make me feel like this is Lode Runner.

I love WeaponLord but the computer AI is really tough, even on the easiest difficultly. The game really needed a tutorial. To better understand the game mechanics, you really need another person to play against.

There was anniversary video posted on YouTube with one of the creators that explains the fighting mechanics that might help you out.

Also don't force yourself to play a game because it's "good," play it because you enjoy it!

Joe Chill
Mar 21, 2013

Speaking of Sweet Home, is the new english translation any better or should I stick to the old one?

Joe Chill
Mar 21, 2013

al-azad posted:

We've reached a point where the SNES market has nearly dried up. Auctions are getting rare and everyone doing BIN are usually owners of an established store. So now repros are entering the market and they're at the top of every search list. It's pretty sad.

I think this means that the retro bubble is going to burst sooner than later, at least for the SNES. The bubble has been going on for about ten years now, so any nostalgia fueled buying of SNES games is just not there anymore. People with disposable income now have grown up with later consoles. The same thing happened with Atari 2600 games in the early 2000s. The 2600 market got flooded with repos at the tail end of its bubble.

Joe Chill fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jun 7, 2017

Joe Chill
Mar 21, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

Supply is only ever going down. There could be a bubble but with a limited supply of goods which have general demand, I could see things remaining stable or even getting worse and worse.

No, not if you compare Atari 2600 games prices in the 90s and early 2000s. The situation is more complex than a supply and demand graph. The SNES games are not selling anymore and this is being compacted by having the market flooded with cheaper repos.

As for prices going up, ask vendors who can't sell their ten plus copies of Earthbound, which they couldn't keep on their store shelfs a few years ago, if the're are going to increase the game's price?

• Locked thread