Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
general chaos
May 20, 2001
Finally had the time to sit down and set up Pseudo Saturn Kai and I'm pretty disappointed with the results. Too many freezes and almost always after some time into a game for maximum frustration.

I should have just bought another mod chip. I'd have been ok to use the cart as a backup for saves. How long do those coin batteries last anyway? Always ends up needing to be changed around the time I dig it out of storage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

general chaos
May 20, 2001

Only Shallow posted:

Chihiro was a thing in the arcade though nowhere near as popular as NAOMI. It had Crazy Taxi 3, HOTD 3, Virtua Cop 3, Outrun 2, Ollie King, and some other stuff. Ollie King is kind of like JSRF + SSX with a cool soundtrack by the same composer. There's one at the Round 1 nearest me and I like to play it at least once when I'm there. You can run a few Chihiro games on an Xbox with a hacked BIOS and two more RAM chips soldered on for 128mb total. XBMC and other homebrew can use that too.
Well now I have a new project. It looks like I'll finally have a way to play Ollie King and Virtua Cop 3.

Too bad there's video footage of Gundam Battle Operating Simulator working with this method.

general chaos
May 20, 2001
I had that same demo disc. Played it to death. Started a love for From Soft and Armored Core that continue to this day. The first level of Treasures of the Deep scared me half to death an embarrassing number of times. I'm too ashamed to try the full game now.

• Locked thread