Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I bought a switch to play BOTW and Mario kart 8, both games I already owned on Wii U, so I feel you on that front :10bux:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

[quote="“xamphear”" post="“476837672”"]
If you can’t go 8 hours without pooping, you really gotta cut down on how much you eat.
[/quote]

Mods thread title please

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Just popping in to say degaussing owns and is the only reason I miss CRT's

BWOOOOWWWMMMmmmmmmmmmm......click

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I'm waiting for the snes mini to get hacked so I can install a bunch of games on it and sell my snes and games

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Holy poo poo if this is not the new thread title there is no justice in this world

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The new thread title is fantastic

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

You can play GameCube over component on Wii......but yeah you're screwed for gba player

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

That's how it is in the snes Classic rom dump. You are being triggered by accuracy my friend.

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Oct 2, 2017

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

PVM's are a finite resource that is getting more scarce by the day. I get that this thread is not the place to talk about what makes financial sense, but it seems more reasonable to spend the money getting old consoles to look good on modern tv's

At least that's what I tell myself because I know my wife would never allow a PVM in the house, especially not at PVM bubble prices :10bux:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

$50 amazon Svideo-to-hdmi scaler does the job Good Enough™ for me. No dot crawl, everything looks sharp, and it works on modern HDTV's. Again, I get the draw of scart, RGB and PVM's but man could I not justify the cost

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

worthless. posted:

So it's that time of year where I consider selling most of my games for my backup modded systems or systems I have everdrives for. People who have done this, how did it go?

I did this after I bought an everdrive 64. Worked out fine. There are some carts I kept because they have some sentimental value but other that I dumped the rest.

I am considering doing the same now that I have an snes mini as well. Snes carts are so crazy inflated and the hdmi output is already better than my svideo to hdmi scaler

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Oct 3, 2017

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

If you like the Netflix show Stranger Things, or you like top down 16-bit adventure games (and who in this thread doesn't like at least one of those things), then you owe it to yourself to get the Stranger Things game on ios and/or android.

Best part?

Lots of content, zero in app purchases or microtransactions. I've been playing a bit today and it's actually really fun, controls well, has lots of characters with different abilities, and doesn't hit you over the head with "HEY REMEMBER THAT SHOW ON NETFLIX", although there are references you won't get if you haven't watched the show, but nothing I've seen that would hinder your understanding of the game. It has awesome period correct synth music (including the main theme song rendered in glorious snes/genesis style) and is clearly made by a team that likes 16 bit gaming.

Get it from the iOS or android App Store for free!!

Even the icon is an nes cart (thanks for the compression imgur)

https://www.avclub.com/netflix-released-a-free-stranger-things-mobile-game-an-1819145938

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Oct 5, 2017

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

[quote="“Code Jockey”" post="“477091090”"]
oh my god the what

I am all over this, thank you!
[/quote]

It's really good, retro and free, I figured this thread would love it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah in this day and age don't buy new 360 controllers for any purpose aside from using them on a real 360

Xbone and PS4 controllers are much better.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

plasticbugs posted:

I gave a five minute talk about "retro gaming in 2017" to my coding bootcamp classmates a few months ago. If any of you need to explain the ins and outs of this hobby/obsession to the uninitiated, this slideshow I made might be a decent place to start.

I don't think any of this will be new info to anyone in this thread. Feel free to liven up your next party with a goony presentation.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

FireMrshlBill posted:

Selling off some handhelds and consoles (modded GBA w/101 screen, 20th anniversary GB Micro, Zelda DS lite, GC, etc.). I also will be listing some games in another thread this weekend (CIB FF2, CIB FF3, Secret of Mana, GBC/GBA games with some being CIB, DS/3DS games too). Will link back to the above linked handheld thread when I list the games too.

Getting tired of clutter and don't really need shelf candy anymore.

I do t want to clutter up your sales thread but is there some manner of kit that hides the hinges or otherwise cleans them up when you're making a gba macro?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah I just automatically assume caps from the 90’s are bad. They dont always swell when they die either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

It was still broken as of 30 minutes ago. The problem comes and goes. Sometimes this thread will work, sometimes not.

• Locked thread