Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Acolyte!
Aug 6, 2001

Go! Rocket Kiwi! Go!

DalaranJ posted:

The ugly is:
I don't know enough about the famicom to know what I'm supposed to plug into the expansion port. An FDS maybe?

The Famicom had wired controllers, so any additional accessories you might have gotten for your Famicom plug into the expansion port (FDS included).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acolyte!
Aug 6, 2001

Go! Rocket Kiwi! Go!
When I first arrived at college I bought a 14" Toshiba that had component, S-Video, and 3 composite inputs to play my Dreamcast, Saturn, and NES on in the dorms. Little did I know I'd still be using it 15 years later.

Acolyte!
Aug 6, 2001

Go! Rocket Kiwi! Go!

mariooncrack posted:

I've seen it at local stores for $200 - $225 cartridge only. I think I've seen complete copies for $800. At one point, this game was on clearance at Best Buy for $8.

In late '06 I was in a Toys R Us that had giant bins of Conker's Bad Fur Day and Paper Mario for $5 each. I bought one of each, because why would I buy more than one of something they were blowing out because they couldn't sell them?

Acolyte!
Aug 6, 2001

Go! Rocket Kiwi! Go!

Zonekeeper posted:

Probably just the holiday delay keeping things slow.
Still waiting on my Black Friday SD2SNES. Last update was it being dispatched from Kiev on the 6th. :/

I did the same thing but from Retrogate, and it's still just "Confirmed." So it could be worse!

Acolyte!
Aug 6, 2001

Go! Rocket Kiwi! Go!
The Jaguar port was in-house, Heineman did the 3DO port. There's a good interview where Dave Taylor says he got MIDI working, but Carmack must have pulled it out from the levels because it affected performance too much.

Acolyte! fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Mar 20, 2017

Acolyte!
Aug 6, 2001

Go! Rocket Kiwi! Go!
A SEGA MK-1602 will supposedly work fine for a TG16. The OEM one is the HES-ACA-01, which is DC 10.5V 730mA.

Acolyte!
Aug 6, 2001

Go! Rocket Kiwi! Go!
One thing I've noticed about these places is that their hardware prices (non-console) are usually not inflated vs online. I bought a Saturn 3D controller (24.99) and two Model 2 Saturn controllers (9.99 each) from Gamestop and that was notably lower than Ebay, barring you getting lucky on an auction.

Acolyte!
Aug 6, 2001

Go! Rocket Kiwi! Go!
The short answer is it's fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acolyte!
Aug 6, 2001

Go! Rocket Kiwi! Go!
That will get him banned from eBay and charged the fee anyway.

• Locked thread