Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheMammoth
Dec 3, 2002

What happened to Acid Police? I don't mean to raise any undue drama, but I participated in group-buys from him via this thread with mostly positive, but varying results. I hadn't realized there was any fallout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMammoth
Dec 3, 2002

signalnoise posted:

If you're going to learn one fighting game that you'll never play against another person, make it Karate Champ

I think you meant Way of the Warrior for 3DO by Naughty Dog.

https://gamefaqs.akamaized.net/screens/9/a/c/gfs_28928_2_69.jpg

TheMammoth
Dec 3, 2002

Two quick questions, both potentially embarassing:

I know AcidBurn or whoever is a taboo name, and I don't want to reignite that firestorm, but I have a Sega Megadrive from him/her which works fine except there is a clearly audible buzzing sound when playing any game. I asked about it and was told to try a different TV and/or Genesis, but I've done both and the buzzing is still loud enough that you basically have to play the game on mute. Is there any known workaround to this?

Unrelated, watching the LP of Little Nightmares recently with the kitchen scenes reminded me of one of my favorite bad Saturn titles: Johnny Bazookatone. Even if not exclusive (also released on 3DO!), my childhood was defined by poorly rendered and/or digitized Saturn games. Johnny B., Mr. Bones, Bug I & II, Skeleton Warriors. My first memory of being grounded was because I spent the afternoon playing Saturn Shinobi instead of studying for a test. Given that I already have my Dreamcast all set via a Hanzo box, what's the best way to connect a Saturn to modern TVs or monitors?

TheMammoth
Dec 3, 2002

Random Stranger posted:

Anyway, I broke out Clockwork Knight for the first time in a long time this evening. I don't know what Sega was thinking with this game. It would have been a weak game on the Genesis. It feels like a mid-tier NES platformer, the kind that you wouldn't mind playing but you're be thinking of better games as you did it. Clockwork Knight doesn't live up to the standards of the platformers Sega had been releasing at the time so the only thing I can think is that this was something they knocked together to see what the Saturn hardware could do.

I assume the sequel is just more of the same. Not that I'm remotely tempted to pay the price for that game.

As a life-long Sega fan and early (release date) Saturn adopter, I eventually owned Clockwork Knight 1 + 2, Skeleton Warriors, Mr. Bones, Bug Too! plus both Virtua Cop titles w/ orange light guns. The Clockwork Knights were definitely meant as tech demos to show the Saturn had "3D rendering" capabilities.

Too bad, because there were beautiful hand drawn games for which the system was designed that got promptly overshadowed by Playstation polygons.

• Locked thread