Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lo carb Lo Pan
Oct 8, 2004

Rirse posted:

I was going to see about buying another CRT, as while I like the one I have...it only has RF so it won't ever have that amazing picture. But all the Goodwills and Savation Army's near my house got rid of all their CRTs. That blows since I rather avoid Craiglist at all cost.

Try some off brand thrift stores. They still sometimes carry CRTs. I picked up another tiny Trinitron to mess with an Atari XEGS on and I was tempted to buy this HD CRT I saw at another. I probably would have killed myself trying to move it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lo carb Lo Pan
Oct 8, 2004

Paper Triangle posted:

is there a specific burner/media combo i should be looking at for psx and ps2 backups? if i want to add dreamcast to the mix somewhere down the road? i remember philips being the go-to back in the day but i haven't done this in ages.

Can't speak for PS2 but Imgburn has worked well for PSX Sega CD and Dreamcast for me so far. You'll need a plugin for Dreamcast ISOs to work.

E: gently caress. Media. I don't know if that matters anymore. I'm using Memorex CDRs for stuff and just burn at 1x speed and it's fine.

lo carb Lo Pan fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Aug 12, 2016

lo carb Lo Pan
Oct 8, 2004

d0s posted:

my dream is now to open an all candy cab arcade in the US so foreign barbarians can get some culture, I seriously can't describe how good some of those arcades were, it was like eating a steak for the first time if you've only ever had mcdonalds your whole life. go to japan and play their old video games before all the CRTs die. I already saw a very small amount of old games in modern vewlix cabs with LCD screens and it wasn't pretty

We had an all candy cab like that here in Hurst, TX for a brief time. It was so awesome that they bulldozed the Norh Hills mall to the ground.

Then he took over a Tilt in Irving. They decided a wall would be more profitable there.

He made a third attempt across the food court. It's either a mall hair college or a mall gym now. Too beautiful for this world.

lo carb Lo Pan
Oct 8, 2004

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Does anyone here have BIRD WEEK?

I have a copy around here somewhere, came with a random lot of Famicom stuff I got off E-Bay years ago

lo carb Lo Pan
Oct 8, 2004

d0s posted:

how'd you get firefox looking like it did 5 years ago

wtf is even going on in that screenshot, geocities has been gone forever, the firefox is from like 2012 but ublock origin is nowhere near that old and thats a windows 10 titlebar

Reminds me of this when I decide to look for parts for my Atari PC.

Some sites have somehow not changed since 1994.

http://www.best-electronics-ca.com

Retro computer sites and dive shops have the worst site designs possible.

No idea how that one is loading to Geocities, unless the screenshot was taken while the load attempt was made.

lo carb Lo Pan
Oct 8, 2004

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave posted:

This is a shameful list of bad games that does not include having played Super Pitfall on a Tandy.

I played this as a dumb kid before Super Mario at a Radio Shack way back in the day thinking "HOLY poo poo THIS IS AWESOME!"

As an owner of two CoCo3's (the first one won't boot past green screen) and a joystick and the carts I was a loving stupid kid. (and a stupid adult :cry: :retrogames: :cry: )

lo carb Lo Pan
Oct 8, 2004

Dr. Dos posted:

https://twitter.com/CoolBoxArt/status/866285758428176385

This ad made me wonder if there's ever been a shmup that uses a trackball to maneuver.

Late, but I got great mileage out of playing Galaxian using the 5200 trackball since its the only controller that works worth a drat for the thing.

lo carb Lo Pan
Oct 8, 2004

Shadow Hog posted:

Since two obvious ones were taken, I'll take the third obvious one of jumping through the Mega Man screen transitions - especially with regards to boss doors.

Except for Flash Man. You have to slide backwards through that boss door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lo carb Lo Pan
Oct 8, 2004

Well, the floor in Flash Man's stage is slippery. Run towards the door, turn away at the last second and slide on in backwards.

• Locked thread