Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Unless if you're playing FDS specific games, grabbing (ha) an NES Mini + ROMs seems like the most hassle free way to get an HDMI out NES.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Omg framemeister is gonna be here on Monday.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Solaris Japan doesn't mess around. It's coming today. :stare:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Wasn't there a semi-recent development where Thawk is super powerful and good?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

DisposableHero posted:

As in olive or some other cooking oil?

Lmao gently caress no

Use mineral oil

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I've been scared by a Mario game.

In my defense, I wasn't expecting that enemy that was off screen.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
There's a PVM-14M4U that's currently at 100 (+85 in shipping) on eBay.

Good deal? Bad deal? Indifferent deal?

There are also a handful of 20M2MDUs within 100-150 miles for $400ish...

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

CRAYON posted:

I would recommend trying to find one you can pick up.

Are you anywhere close to mid Michigan? I have a couple CRTs that need to go!

Raleigh, NC unfortunately.

There's a lovely looking 20MDU closer than the one in VA, but 2000 vs December 2002 manufacture date. Also the guy with the crappy looking one has had it on CL for a while with no bites.

Link to the one I'm eyeing: http://m.ebay.com/itm/Sony-Trinitron-PVM-20M2MDU-Professional-CRT-Color-Video-Monitor-20-/311842128914

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Shlomo Palestein posted:

It's also surprisingly difficult to get right in emulation, so if Nintendo actually does that, it may genuinely be worth it (or you could just get an everdrive or whatever).

But the SNES is solved in emulation...? Like outside of trying to get gate perfect recreations of the Super FX chip, it's not that hard?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
It's not impossible to find, but it's not easy to find either. It's either drive out of your way or buy a GameStop bundle.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Yeah, no. Nintendos a weird company that does weird things.

Trying to ascribe meaning and corporate maneuvering to having a wildly successful toy is the same as looking at noise and seeing a pattern. It was a reasonably priced toy that hit whatever business goals they had. That's it.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
TT: no one cares.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You're all missing the obvious;

It means we finally get more SNES Virtual Console controllers :peanut:.

I've had the Club Nintendo one in my wishlist for a while now.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

univbee posted:

The Famicom Mini doesn't have removable controllers, they're hard-wired to the thing. It's probably got the virtual console connector pins internally where the controllers connect, but expect to need soldering if it's even possible.

I think the famicom mini controllers have less real estate than a single joycon :v:

(nes mini controllers are Actual Size)

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Martytoof posted:

Any recommendations for good, shielded and properly grounded SNES->SCART cables? Alternately, anyone have a good guide on how to properly ground a SCART cable? When I run the 240p test suite and the white grid is perfectly vertical my TV sounds like a chainsaw. Any large amount of white seems to trigger buzzing at some levels. Even my SD2SNES menu does.

I have a SNES SCART that's wired for Euro SCART from Monitor Burn if you're up for it.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Get a USB battery and a USB->Nintendo cable?

Otherwise, Pokemans.

Phone fucked around with this message at 05:05 on May 5, 2017

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

dishwasherlove posted:

And thus the problem with this hobby. Rare =/= good.

R@RE PIKACHU N64 L@@K FAST SHIPPING++++++

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Polishing glass is a real pain in the rear end, and most shade tree/hobbyist auto detailers won't bother with it.

I would think that a CRT's glass has a film on it, but I haven't really poured over the finer points of CRT construction.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
What's the best ("best") SNES flash cart? SD2SNES? (I know there's a list of 50 some odd games that require the special chips like SMRPG, MMX3, etc. it's fine)

Also, any good source for SFC controllers in not terrible shape? I've pulled apart SNES controllers back in high school and it not being that bad, I'm worried about the controller wires that came with my childhood SNES because I might have wrapped them a bit too tight over the last 24-25 years.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I'm mostly looking to play a Super Metroid hack and LttP randomizer on real hardware. Everything else is gravy.

Stone Age Gamer a decent vendor?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
it looks like saltybet lmao

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
What's a good/accurate/SRL approved SNES emulator for Mac? It looks like higan doesn't work out of the box and SNES9x doesn't have Mac binaries from what I've seen.

e: nm found a 1.53 dmg

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Djarum posted:

Dude if you are on a Mac you should be using OpenEmu for EVERYTHING. It is the best emulation software out there for any platform period IMO.

Alright, this looks to be not-poo poo.

Now to just loving unzip all of these roms (why did you make a rar of zips, you piece of poo poo you loving gently caress)

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
The SNES line up is strong as hell; however, nonzero chance it'll be the GBA Yoshis Island.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://twitter.com/johntv/status/879492179093184513

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
the GBA micro is a fantastic console. here's a pic a took when i got my switch:

the micro is the perfect tool of people to yell DOT PITCH at nerds

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
WD40 is a water displacer... you're just making it greasy and weird. If it was a metal on metal thing, I could see a use for penetrating oil, but the screws used to secure the two halves are self tapping screws that thread themselves into the plastic posts.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I only took one materials science course, but plasticity (not the polymer) refers to the irreversible deformation iirc. Plastics (the thing) can't really be "restored" or "fixed" in the same way you can with metals or composites.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
$450-475 a decent price for a 20" MDU monitor?

My local Craigslist has nothing.

E: forgot that I have a decent Sony tube in the closet. Stop spending money on dumb poo poo. (Looks at sd2snes)

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Tree Dude posted:

as someone who just dropped the money on the sd2snes but hasn't received it yet this really bums me out

Up until me remembering that I have a Sony set in the closet, I was seriously considering spending $500 and 6 hours round trip on picking up an endoscopy set up.

I was just reminding myself to stop spending money on stupid poo poo, as well as remembering that a SD2SNES is like 40% of the price and will provide way more utility than a 3rd CRT.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
It's like a dozen games, and the ones worth having you've probably already played or can get on the Wii/Wii U/3DS eShop (or SNES Mini).

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

I have a 14" Toshiba and 24" Trinitron (2006) for CRTs and space is kind of at a premium since I already have too much poo poo in my office. I also have a Framemeister and a SNES that's RGB ready, so I am on the cusp of having THE PERFECT SETUP or whatever; however, I still haven't really put in the time to get everything setup to do speedruns. I can easily justify a PVM since I'm about to sell about $1k worth of car parts; however, I also need to consider my chronic lack of motivation (been putting off a fresh Win10 install for a few months) and the fact that I'm 10 hours into three separate JRPGs right now.

Sitting on my hands isn't the worst option, but that endoscopy cart could probably get some use out in the garage.... hmmm....

I'm also a terrible gamer and like to sit at my desk vs on the couch.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Casimir Radon posted:

This is what the Sega Trio plug looks like. Can anyone point me to an OEM cable?

any two prong cable that looks like that

like your ps2 or dreamcast power cable should work

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA98C3RC6106

i'm surprised that this thread still hasn't learned of the existence of digikey or whatever

Phone fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Oct 10, 2017

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING WITH EVERDRIVE STORE!

I guess I have 2-3 weeks to clean up my office and set up the TV + Dazzle again...

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Uh I just found an Olympus branded 20M2MDU for $325 locally... y/n?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

TheMadMilkman posted:

If it's in good shape? Hell ya.

It's this one
https://m.ebay.com/itm/Sony-Trinitr...9%257Ciid%253A1

• Locked thread