Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WaitsUp
Sep 19, 2005
I used to be a deli sandwich
Getting a PVM-2530 that's been sitting around at work. It works, has good colour and no ghosting. Anything else I should know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaitsUp
Sep 19, 2005

TheRedEye posted:

You need this to put RGB SCART on it: https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/sony-pvm-scart-converter?search=pvm

It has no speakers, but it has speaker cable output. The official speaker model that attaches to the sides and folds in is APM-X5A, but all you can really do is keep an ebay watch and be patient if you want those (I like mine a lot FYI)

Easier/cheaper method maybe: each RCA audio input also has RCA output.

Adjust geometry and stuff with the 240p Test Suite ROM. You have to open the case and adjust the pots. Warning that all RGB input is shifted to the right, so if you adjust your pots for that, all of your composite inputs will be shifted too far left.

Thanks!

Actually had two working speakers with brackets attached to each side.

Good notes about the geometry.

Now just have to find a stand that can take the 120lbs of this monitor!

WaitsUp
Sep 19, 2005
Used to watch Top 10 all the time, the prizes were never great, and you never saw much game footage, but man was it addictive.

• Locked thread