Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Cartoon posted:

Hey dude why don't you make that thread you want? Here's a suggested title: AusPol thread for whiny pissants who can't argue in good faith. Show ALP membership card before posting.

Nope. This is a Greens echo chamber. Echo! Echo! Echo!

Now someone hurry up and post first dog on the moon

Cartoon posted:

Another version of victim blaming and 'They brought in on themselves'?

hahahahahahaha

the cognitive dissonance never loving ends in auspol does it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

RichardA posted:

South Australia

4 Liberal 3 NXT 3 Labor 1 Green 1 Family First

drat it.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Let's make this thread really green and :gas: it

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

why do you keep coming back

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Please use the June thread for discussion and not this one.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Cartoon posted:

Oh and boo hoo bad me for actually seeking some facts about this. That clearly won't do. Bad me! I'll never do it again!* Informed argument is for chumps!

*Offer void.

Feel free to keep doing that. Just maybe use it for a time when you're actually arguing with someone, rather than arguing against your own created argument.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
you have to whisper your posts for sl to understand them

here, like this

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

ScreamingLlama posted:

Nope. This is a Greens echo chamber. Echo! Echo! Echo!

Now someone hurry up and post first dog on the moon

hahahahahahaha

the cognitive dissonance never loving ends in auspol does it

I like your AV

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

lol the country is fed up with your safe spaces and trigger warnings you useless special snowflakes, send the sjws to mexico

EvilElmo posted:

Feel free to keep doing that. Just maybe use it for a time when you're actually arguing with someone, rather than arguing against your own created argument.

Shut up, you loving idiot. Llama too, you're both as childish in your approaches to confrontation as my 7 year old nephew. He isn't the brightest kid either, but he's great at anything to do with his hands. Too bad neither of you appear to be good with your hands, or else your posting wouldn't be so poo poo.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
Evil Elmo is the best poster in this thread.

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

lol the country is fed up with your safe spaces and trigger warnings you useless special snowflakes, send the sjws to mexico
What's it like to poo poo out of your fingers, for the world to bear witness??

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Redcordial posted:

What's it like to poo poo out of your fingers, for the world to bear witness??

drat. These owns are unbeleivable. Almost as unbelievable as the epic escalation in the last post, where you span out a hugely topical reference to your 7 year old nephew none of us know, to the brilliant run on insult "if you could use your hands, like my 7 year old nephew can (???) your posts wouldn't be bad"

Boom. Boom crash.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Amethyst posted:

Evil Elmo is the best poster in this thread.

:agreed:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Cartoon posted:

Do we know what the makeup of the senate crossbench is? That would be actual useful information.

Nope, some results haven't been declared yet.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
We do know what the new RBA rate is :monocle:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-02/reserve-bank-cuts-interest-rates/7682170

quote:

Interest rates slashed to fresh record low of 1.5pc by Reserve Bank, CBA passes on half By business reporter Michael Janda Updated 13 minutes ago

The Reserve Bank has cut the official interest rate to a fresh low of just 1.5 per cent, in a desperate effort to stoke price growth. The RBA last cut its overnight cash rate target in May, taking it to 1.75 per cent, following weak consumer price data in the March quarter. ABS June quarter inflation data, out last Wednesday, showed consumer prices rose just 1 per cent over the past year, with the Reserve Bank's preferred measure also well below its 2-3 per cent target. After that release, markets priced the chances of a rate cut as roughly 50-50, but bets had since gone up to a 75 per cent chance of a rate reduction. The odds were similar when looking at economist forecasts, with 20 of 25 surveyed by Bloomberg expecting a rate cut today. Most experts expect today's rate cut to be the last, but about a third of the analysts surveyed by financial comparison website Finder are expecting more cuts, with six out of 41 expecting a trough of 1 per cent or less.

RBA's rate dilemma

The Reserve Bank sets one cash rate for the nation, but it is simply not appropriate for some states, explains Stephen Long. Finder's Graham Cooke said it is important for consumers to re-evaluate their current home loan to make sure their bank is passing on the reduction in full. "If you had a $300,000 mortgage with an average standard variable rate of 4.93 per cent and manage to get the full discount of 0.25 percentage points off your interest rate, this could pocket you almost $50 per month, or a whopping $16,325 over the life of your loan," he observed. Commonwealth Bank passes on half the cut. However, it appears that the major banks will not pass on all of the Reserve Bank's rate cut, with the Commonwealth Bank lowering its standard variable mortgage rate by only 13 basis points. That is roughly half of the Reserve Bank's 25-basis-point official rate cut. CBA's customers will also have to wait more than two weeks to get the benefit of the rate reduction, with it taking effect on Friday, August 19. In some rare good news for savers, however, CBA is passing on a rate increase of at least 50 basis points to new one, two and three-year term deposits.

Wonder what the muppets in the Government are doing about jobs and Growth

chyaroh
Aug 8, 2007
Can't we just rename this the July thread, close it, and start again?

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Cartoon posted:

We do know what the new RBA rate is :monocle:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-02/reserve-bank-cuts-interest-rates/7682170

Wonder what the muppets in the Government are doing about jobs and Growth

Everyone should listen to the latest background briefing, if they haven't already. It really delves into the deep corruption of the big three banks.

chyaroh posted:

Can't we just rename this the July thread, close it, and start again?

No. Stop crying.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Waaaaaaah the OP wasn't written by one of the insanely boring coterie of super friends who post past each other every single day. Start it again.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-02/ipswich-sinkhole-swallows-backyard-west-of-brisbane/7682332

Cmon mother nature, finish what you have started.

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Amethyst posted:

drat. These owns are unbeleivable. Almost as unbelievable as the epic escalation in the last post, where you span out a hugely topical reference to your 7 year old nephew none of us know, to the brilliant run on insult "if you could use your hands, like my 7 year old nephew can (???) your posts wouldn't be bad"

Boom. Boom crash.

Epic Escalation is now the name of my new band, thanks!

ps. I don't have a 7 year old nephew, I lied, I have a problem.

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012
We need to pool our collective contempt and unite against our common enemy: First Dog.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Cartoon posted:

I got a cat for my shop. This vastly improved my customer service delivery.
How to skip the census. Be in transit. The census is collected by household so if you weren't part of a household on the night you aren't counted.

Yes they do fine people and the fines are by the day until you comply. There are very serious fines for false or misleading data (arguably the strategy above is covered by the later). None the less the current arrangements are 100% bullshit and they can go and gently caress themselves.
Are you trying to hurt my feelings?

You do know image leeching is against the rules?

[1] You can whisper to them too!
[2] Not part of Greens policy and I will hound any antivaccer off these forums and have before.
[3] Not sure weed smoking is a big issue but I don't so that obviously was a shot at someone else. When did kicking hippies rather than hipsters become cool? That hurts :mad: Oh nice gendered slur. You really have grown into your role as a reviled pariah.
[4]Nope.
[5]Nope.
[6]Nope.
[7]Nope.
[8]Citation required.
[9]I can't stand the guy but he does actually think killing and torturing refugees is bad so of all the available choices....

I sure hope the information on the other parties isn't as misleading and incorrect :ohdear: looks like this OP needs work 0/10.

Congratulations, you owned the op by proving that it's possible to be a hundred times lamer than he ever will be.

"Did you know image leeching is against the rules" christ. Aren't you like, 60 years old? Here you are tut tutting over image hosts.

Your line by line rebuttal of an obvious hyperbolic joke is also Classic Cartoon.

I think "furious masturbation of self-styled political pundits" is the most succinct and accurate summation of you anyone will ever make, and for that reason alone the OP should stand.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
August is off to a fantastic start, I see.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Vote 1 this thread.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
this thread is really bad

save us wizard master

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

this thread is actually good.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Frogfingers posted:

We need to pool our collective contempt and unite against our common enemy: First Dog.

actually first dog is good

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

It's a strong thread, with big muscles.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

thatbastardken posted:

actually first dog is good

Thread ruined.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Amethyst posted:

It's a strong thread, with big muscles.

Amethyst posted:

Thread ruined.

if only it had the power to love, and not just destroy

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
This thread smells like poopybutts

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Anidav posted:

This thread smells like poopybutts

Nice Meltdown.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
The July thread was the best we've ever had. August is 2nd best so far.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I defended Llama a few times.

Auspol can be cliquey. :shrug:

This isn't a surprise to anyone that pays attention though.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

tithin posted:

I was sincere in the last thread when i suggested he get help. The clique exists and back in the day i got a lot of PMs over how i could be upsetting you with speaking without thinking. But while that exists it doesnt mean the response is to rage and slur, strengthening your anger when some part is to work on yourself.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

tithin posted:

Obviously Llama doesn't pay attention

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

tithin posted:

how dare you. i'm going to gently caress your avatar up, pal, just you wait.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/linzcom/status/760341184199794689

https://twitter.com/linzcom/status/760342404662648832

https://twitter.com/linzcom/status/760351321648082944

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Oh hey, new thread.
Now the June thread is closed I guess we post here.

Hows that election result.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Kommando posted:

Oh hey, new thread.
Now the June thread is closed I guess we post here.

Hows that election result.

Death was uncertain for awhile.

• Locked thread