Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Those 3000 dogs a year aren't gonna kill themselves, you gotta have dog killers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Kommando posted:

Oh hey, new thread.
Now the June thread is closed I guess we post here.

Hows that election result.

Death was uncertain for awhile.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I like how this thread is turning out.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://imgur.com/fqDd5S2

:toot:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

ewe2 posted:

You fool! We gave you every chance to back out!

Well... I'm coming from here:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jul/28/the-guardian-view-on-malaysian-politics-a-scandal-meriting-the-worlds-attention

quote:

Malaysia’s new security law, due to come into force on Monday, would be alarming at any time. Its sweeping powers permit authorities to declare national security areas which are off-limits to protests, where individuals and premises can be searched without a warrant, and where killings by security forces need not result in formal inquests. Changes to the country’s criminal code, undermining the rights of suspects, are similarly concerning. Human rights groups warn that existing laws, including the colonial-era Sedition Act – which Prime Minister Najib Razak once vowed to repeal – have been used to detain and muzzle critics. The country’s police chief recently warned that protests by electoral reform group Bersih would be permitted only if participants avoided calling for Mr Najib’s resignation.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I was trying to see where the gently caress Leak even lived when I looked at his wiki entry.

Bill Leak (born Desmond Robert Leak, 1956) is a cartoonist for the Australian.
Leak has entered the Archibald Prize at least 13 times, and was hung 11 times.

Obviously didnt stick.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The Australian is losing ads over their doubling down. :allears:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Phew. So despite the constant stream of idiocy, this seems like it's actually been a fairly quiet week, auspol-wise.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Anidav posted:

Ricky Muir is melting down on Facebook about not being elected.

RIPky Muir

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

One Nation senator for Western Australia, Rodney Culleton, has been arrested in New South Wales over a larceny conviction.

itshappening.gif

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Please, you havent been persecuted til you've joined the Democrats

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Documents about asylum-seeker boat turnbacks, which the government is arguing must be kept secret for national security reasons, have been accidentally handed to Guardian Australia by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.

:vince:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Rodney Culleton's larceny charge was annulled.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Huh turns out this is the guy arrested on terrorism charges:

BIKE HELMEEEETS

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

quote:

China labels Australia 'offshore prison' in Olympic drugs row
Chinese media slams Australia and gold medallist Mack Horton after he labelled swim star Sun Yang a drug cheat, with one paper saying "no-one should be surprised at uncivilised acts emanating from the country".

Chinese hissy fit surprisingly accurate

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lots of drinking

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lol can they do that?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Why do people keep trying to ban my milk, Moo-Slim?!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thanks census

Thensus.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Granite Octopus posted:

Yeah its a seriously good/horrifying read. Who wants to bet how little attention it will get paid?

http://www.theguardian.com/australi...ase-interactive

Probably near zero publishing it on post census day. :smith:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Depends. Fury Road gets you hyped up to kill all men at the end of the movie. Suicide Squad makes you want to kill moviemakers.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

An Anglican minister has described an incident where an anti-Islam group disrupted his Sunday service as a "racist stunt" which traumatised many in his congregation.

Members of the group, Party for Freedom, were dressed in mock Islamic garb when they barged into the Gosford Anglican Church on the New South Wales Central Coast on Sunday.

They pretended to pray while playing Muslim prayers on a loudspeaker and criticised Islam before walking out.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Solemn Sloth posted:

Major clusterfuck going down in Vic local government, 107 councillors facing disqualification from office :allears:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Tasmantor posted:

It's like a late night English comedy sketch, you know the ones where you get what they are getting at but it's only funny when you're dead dog tired.

Hi you seem to be under the impression that this is not australia

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

If they really wanted a point they should have held up a lindt cafe.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

ewe2 posted:

Does anyone else feel that silly season came bloody early this year?

You're one of those climate change quacks arent you?!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/earshot/the-wasted-potential-of-our-faecal-treasures/7713296

ABC RN gets to the heart of Auspol

'Inspired by her dog's love of poo, Cath Simpson set about investigating how we can use our poo for good.'

:itwaspoo:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hahahah lionhelms super mad about social justice warriors

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

China pisses purple!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Also my bad it was actually Corgi

Senator Bernardi on Tuesday backed Senator Leyonhjelm's tactic and predicted it would expose the "social justice warriors" as "racists, bigots and hypocrites."

"David Leyonhjelm is making a very important point – if you replace the word 'white' with any other colour, the social justice warriors would be up in arms," Senator Bernardi said.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Usually you'd use a bolt gun or bleed them but uh, I guess a 4WD works.

Also UQ scientists try brew beer from vegemite. They get horrible awful swill.
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/vegemite-builds-beer-but-not-by-itself-uq-researchers-20160815-gqt5cc.html

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hey, youAbbot broke it, you bought it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

cheese-cube posted:

if anyone is interested in the aus census stuff my buddy actually worked there for several years in an infosec role and still keeps in touch with the people working there so he's fed me some tidbits:

* the 2016 census program manager gave David Kalisch (head of the ABS) a no-go order months before commencement as they weren't ready. kalisch ignored this and went ahead anyway
* 90% of the ppl working at the ABS hate kalisch's guts
* the head of IT security at the ABS was replaced 2 months before the start of the census
* the infosec team at the ABS is almost entirely GRC people with like 2-3 actual infosec ppl. they are also completely swamped with work so nothing ever gets done well or at all
* for the 2011 census which was both paper and electronic the ABS did request DDoS protection from their upstream provider which at the time was Telstra. several months after the census the reps from Telstra gave a presentation to the ABS sec team which included data showing that they did mitigate several attacks and kept the site online

so yeah it's a shitshow top-to-bottom due to poor decisions that weren't based in reality and i wouldnt expect anything less

Amazin.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Also hey if I dont want my energy coming from one of the lovely major providers, what are my options in Victoria? Powershop's advertising is everywhere, who else is in the field that's decently renewable?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

We should all be so lucky as to die in the cold void of space

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thank loving god. One camp down, one to go.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

BBJoey posted:

all it means is they'll be involuntarily forced into the manus community where they'll have exactly zero support from the PNG or Australian governments, and they'll all be murdered before the year's out :nutshot:

Baby steps. Its not as if you can stop systematically violating human rights and dignity on a massive industrial basis overnight.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Pho shops gonna get smashed up over this

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Huh what?! Australia lost the Vietnam war?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So its been two months since the incident with the upf member at the train station. I assume if I havent heard from the police since then, they've just decided to lose it in paperwork?

• Locked thread