Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

ScreamingLlama posted:

Hi, ScreamingLlama here, fresh off my latest probation after being relentlessly bullied by a bunch of hippy-dippy hypocrites with the mentality of unmedicated junior highschoolers . Welcome to the August thread for AusPol, a Green Party echo chamber ringing with the howls of perpetually outraged SJWs, the jeers of stoned latte-sipping hipsters and the furious masturbation of self-styled political pundits.

After a long, exhausting knife-edge election, we ended up with more or less the same lovely government with the same lovely policies. Things took a turn for the interesting, though, when it turned out that the Northern Territory was secretly running its juvenile detention facilities in a similar manner to the reform schools of old. Another Royal Commission is in the works.

Our Politicians And Their Parties

Liberal Party of Australia and National Party/Liberal National Party

Lead (for a certain value of 'leadership') by the ultra-capitalist, refugee-torturing, smug bastard Malcolm "Jobs and Growth" Turnbull after having knifed Tony "Keep Calm And Eat Raw Onion" Abbott, the LNP maintains a strong policy of torturing refugees, pissing on the poor and disabled, demanding LGBTs have less rights, slashing funding to public services and handing billions in tax breaks to rich people who don't need them.

Australian Labor Party

Eight years ago, the ALP were the proud ruling party making the Australian economy soar and making us look like rockstars on the global stage. Now, after years of infighting, arrogant posturing and pretending not to hear the electorate, they have been consigned to opposition for another term, with Bill "I Can't Remember That Prick's Name" Shorten holding onto the steering yoke with a confused look on his face as his clueless party colleagues self-destructively egg him on. The ALP maintains a strong platform of torturing refugees, spending exorbitant amounts of money on harebrained schemes, pretending half their party doesn't want people to get gay married right the hell now, slashing funding to business incentives and handing out billions in aid to failed states.

The Greens

Composed of most of the Auspol regulars and a bunch of tree-hugging, unvaccinated, stoner hippy twats, The Greens oppose the production of nuclear medicine, the fluoridation of drinking water, particle research, genetic engineering and reprocessing of nuclear waste even though these things would greatly benefit Australia. All Greens bow before the altar of Richard DiNatale.

One Nation, led by recent Senator-elect Pauline Hanson (despite her recently discovered Middle Eastern ancestry), is an anti-Muslim, anti-halal, anti-immigrant, anti-gay, anti-indigenous white supremacist party bent of making sure that only fair-skinned flaxen-haired Anglo-Saxon Christians are permitted to be Australian. One Nation members and supporters both are uniformly terrible people.

Nice meltdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Please use the June thread for discussion and not this one.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Vote 1 this thread.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/linzcom/status/760341184199794689

https://twitter.com/linzcom/status/760342404662648832

https://twitter.com/linzcom/status/760351321648082944

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Sources have confirmed the Federal Cabinet voted 11 to 10 in favour of nominating Rudd but it was Prime Minister who made the final decision not to support him.
Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/2016/08/02/19/46/malcolm-turnbull-behind-the-veto-for-kevin-rudds-un-bid#TeZpQlTPLil4ly9j.99

Forget about Rudd, this is like a whole new level of leaking.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

gay picnic defence posted:

Is that a record?

No Abbott has bought down 3.

I mean holy poo poo they should just do a cabinet meeting livestream.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Any ABS insiders here that can tell us if the census is going to be as big a disaster as its starting to look like?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Yes it's real.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Nice meltdown.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

ScreamingLlama posted:

It doesn't matter how many times you tell me to shut up, I'm going to keep shitposting because you're not mods and there's gently caress all you can do to shut me up.

I pwnt you all by hijacking August and you're trying to hide your butthurt by continuing to antagonize me even though antagonism is what started this thread in the first place. You're literally incapable of learning or admitting fault.

If I didn't know any better, I would have mistaken you for Liberal politicians.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:whatup: I guess the report button really does do something.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Amethyst posted:

30 day probation for defending himself from pages of insults. Badass, funny, and above all, win.

You'll be next

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Liberty Cat got 30 days too.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Sorry for your loss.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

freebooter posted:

So can I just give the census a fake name or what? What's the difference between a paper form and online?

My new name is Steven'); DROP DATABASE census; --

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I'm the four One Nation Senators

Thanks Malcolm

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Anidav posted:

It's Bill Leak time!

Beaten like an aboriginal child in a detention centre.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I need a loss edit of this I will pay money.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

V for Vegas posted:

Bill Leak's response. Checkmate SJWs.

Is this like Garfield where the joke is the same in every cartoon?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
The 2% transaction tax was proposed by one nation back in the day.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Starshark posted:

Was this before or after they wanted to print off money to pay Australian debt?

Is that any less reasonable than say, helicopter money?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

SynthOrange posted:

The Australian is losing ads over their doubling down. :allears:

If anyone at the Australian cared about making money they would have shut it down years ago.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

V for Vegas posted:

This whole 'Senate BTL Primary Vote' truther movement is one of the dumber outcomes of the election.

Nice meltdown.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/JacquiLambie/status/762438024894349312

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

:australia:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Redcordial posted:

Urghh I'm so tired of seeing/hearing people talk about such trivialities as Political Correctness and SJW's.. Luckily only a few people that I know are stupid enough to regurgitate this poo poo.

It's always the same people, and they just can't seem to get over whatever internal conflict it is that pushes them to communicate their frustrations with the world, on a daily basis.
I know it's a manifestation of multiple thought processes and behavioural traits and tendencies, but to think that loving SJW's and PC Gone Mad are worthy of your utmost attention is loving skewed.

I'm just ranting, so feel free to ignore me, but if I don't vent after a long day of classes and group work I will forever be bitter at this cruel world..

Hearing the ridiculous pejorative of SJW is like the new I'm Not A Racist, But.. of indicating someone is about to poo poo out of their mouth. gently caress anyone who uses SJW as a serious label, especially as a pejorative, loving neoliberals....

Nice meltdown.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Frogmanv2 posted:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-09/brendon-grylls-elected-nationals-leader-in-wa/7706490?section=wa

Brendon Grylls, cousin of Bear, is now leader of the nats in the west in an action that was definitely not knifing the existing leader in the back, or a spill motion.

In somewhat good news, he favours taxing big miners a hell of a lot more, and not supporting the libs, unless Emperor Colin steps down.

I hope he doesn't tax piss.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/TurnbullMalcolm/status/762940763801989121

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
The free market could fix this.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Sydnesider posted:

Ok back home and the landlord has taken the census letter and gone home and wants us to call him to fill it out for us. Right-o mate just who I wanted to have all our personal information, our slumlord. And after seeing how much we earn, he'll know how much he can squeeze the rent up again.

Just get another code.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/eevblog/status/762978777668268033

Did someone say load testing?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQLYFfOKe8s

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
No one is going to take notice until there is video.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
:allbuttons:

quote:

Adam Giles says ABC report on Don Dale juvenile detention aired to damage him

Northern Territory’s chief minister says Four Corners should be ‘ashamed’ of its ‘outrageous’ report which had ‘stirred up racism’ to give a leg up to his opposition

Adam Giles has accused Four Corners of deliberately delaying its report on the Don Dale abuses to cause maximum damage to his election campaign and give a “leg up” to the Labor opposition.

The Northern Territory chief minister made the comments to Sky News on Thursday, claiming the story, which revealed graphic CCTV footage of the alleged abuse of young boys inside juvenile detention, gave the Labor opposition a “clear advantage”.

He said the ABC report was “outrageous” and had “stirred up racism” in the NT, and he accused Labor of subsequently using race in the campaign.

“I think Four Corners should be ashamed of what they’ve done,” he said.

“For me to be talking about child protection policies in the lead-up to the territory election is just food for Labor to drive racism at the heart of territory politics, rather than put the interest of the child at the forefront.”

On Thursday he said Four Corners had “certainly” attempted to “give Labor a leg up” with its program.

“And I think that’s unfortunate for a public broadcaster to do that, particularly one that’s taxpayer-funded,” he said.

Recent polling conducted by the NT News found a 20 percentage point swing away from the CLP, giving Labor 64% in two-party-preferred terms, with the election barely two weeks away. Just 33% of respondents said the CLP deserved to be reelected on 27 August, the report said.

The executive producer of Four Corners, Sally Neighbour, said on Twitter the allegations were “false, outrageous and desperate”.

Asked why he had called for a royal commission within hours of the Four Corners program, Giles said he was responding to public reaction.

“Well certainly Four Corners sought to display images to try and portray images of acts of terror within the system in the Northern Territory, and strike fear into many different communities around Australia,” he said.
The stories you need to read, in one handy email
Read more

On the night of the broadcast Giles released a statement calling for a royal commission into the incidents, saying he was “shocked and disgusted” by what he had seen.

“A community is judged by the way it treats its children and serious questions were raised by ABC tonight,” he said.

He hoped the royal commission would examine the whole of the juvenile justice system, as well as the child protection system.

More than 96% of juvenile detainees in the NT are Indigenous, and Indigenous children are overrepresented in out-of-home placements nationally. Giles said Aboriginal children should stay with Aboriginal families if they had to be removed.

“We don’t want anybody being removed and we don’t want to create another stolen generation, but I am a person who puts the child at the forefront and I think those policies need to be looked at,” he said.

Giles told Sky News he “had to be careful” when discussing the issue because Labor would “get out on the ground and tell people that Adam’s trying to steal kids”.

The comments are the latest in a series of changing responses from Giles to the juvenile detention scandal.

After the report aired Giles said he had not seen any of the footage, then he said he had seen the teargassing footage, and then he retracted that statement.

He announced the use of spithoods and restraint chairs would be banned, despite his government having legislated just four months ago to widen the scope of their use. The following week, in an interview with Guardian Australia, he said the ban did not extend to adult prisons, including the one where Dylan Voller – the boy seen in the chair on Four Corners – is now held. He said if Voller were again to be strapped into the chair, that would be in line with “adult policies”.

In an interview on Mix 104.9 Giles questioned how many of the lawyers who appeared in the Four Corners show were members of the Labor party.

He later denied that he was questioning if the show was politically motivated, saying he was inquiring only out of personal interest, and it would “probably make a good trivia question”.

In several public appearances Giles had committed to releasing the latest review of the juvenile justice system, because the Four Corners report featured incidents that occurred before many of the improvements his government had made.

But last week he said the report would not be made public because its findings contradicted those of other reports, and all would be given to the royal commission.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...him?CMP=soc_567

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Census site is back up.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
So we are talking about the democrats again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Six years of Pauline Hanson. Have fun fuckers.

• Locked thread