Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Will nobody come to the defense of the poor nationally-syndicated cartoonist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cartoon posted:

If you mean conserving valuable phosphates within a fragile rain forest ecosystem and daily making the planet a better place then why yes! Yes I am! Also this gas ain't 'clean'

Thanks http://www.frackfeed.com !

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Everything is fine

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lid posted:

ACMA agreed. Even though Mr Bolt said his viewers "chose facts above fear" and presented his views as facts, ACMA believed his use of overblown language would have made the ordinary person realise he was only giving an opinion.

lmao

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
No, don't

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Coalition policy working?
No, new boat arrivals!

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jacqui was right

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patience, Redcordial. We're only human.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
What good's a government that can't even keep our digital borders safe from all these boat-people hackers??

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Govt DDOS itself to bury the Nauru files

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Momentum Energy has been pretty good in my experience.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's a shame the only options are on the extreme ends of the spectrum.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

Serious question, what do neoliberals mean when they say this? I hear this line all the time but the only gains I can see over the recent decades are in inequality and grinding growth to zero. Like, when I press for details the best I get is that society hasn't completely imploded so maybe we should just keep on trucking and not mess with poo poo too much.

Help me help my dumb bad Liberal friends.

They mean

quote:

the spectacular gains I have made over recent decades through open markets and free trade

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Energy companies withholding supply to blame for July price spike, report finds

Fossil fuel electricity generators in South Australia withheld their supply to push up prices and reap bigger profits, according to an analysis of the causes behind the extremely high prices there in early July.

The findings suggested some solutions proposed ahead of this week’s Coag energy council meeting for the so-called “energy crisis” like increasing the supply of gas in Australia won’t help the situation at all.

The three things often pointed to as possible causes of the price spikes, especially on 7 July, have been the closure of the Northern power station, the main Victoria-SA interconnector being down and wind farms not producing much power.

But in a report commissioned by GetUp, energy analyst Bruce Mountain showed the generation capacity that was available in the market still far exceeded the demand. However, besides those owned by Origin, all other fossil fuel generators continued to operate far below their capacity, only offering electricity to the market for a very high cost.

more:
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/aug/17/energy-companies-withholding-supply-to-blame-for-july-price-spike-report-finds

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Just heard about this on the radio:

Manus Island: Children in detention 'unacceptable', WA Premier Colin Barnett says

West Australian Premier Colin Barnett says his Government would be prepared to accommodate asylum seekers from Nauru, ahead of the closure of the Manus Island Detention Centre in Papua New Guinea.

The state Liberal leader has weighed in over the fate of asylum seekers on Nauru, amid renewed concerns about conditions on the island.

The Federal Government has repeatedly ruled out resettling refugees from offshore processing centres.

But Mr Barnett said if the Commonwealth changed its mind, his state would be prepared to accept asylum seeker families.

"The answer to your question is that particularly for families, as long as they don't present a security or safety risk, I do welcome them being in Australia," Mr Barnett told the ABC's Lateline program.

"The one thing I find unacceptable is children in detention."

Mr Barnett stopped short of demanding the Federal Government reconsider its position.

"I wouldn't call on the Federal Government but if they decide to do that we would certainly accommodate a number of them [asylum seekers] in Western Australia and we'd certainly support them as a state government."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-18/wa-govt-opens-door-to-nauru-refugees-ahead-of-manus-closure/7760854

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ahahaha

quote:

The four wild dogs, two of which have already been released on Pelorus Island, will not have a chance to become pests themselves, as they have been implanted with a time-activated poison, Hinchinbrook Shire Council said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-23/dingoes-set-to-become-pelorus-island-environmental-saviour/7652424

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SynthOrange posted:

Judge sympathises with Children's Court guard who had sex with 'worldly' 14-year-old

A former Children's Court security guard has been released on a good behaviour bond for having sex with a 14-year-old he met outside the court building, with a judge saying the man was "not made of steel".

Franco Abad, 32, had been in a sexual relationship with the girl for some weeks, believing she was 17, over the legal age of consent of 16.

looool

quote:

“We’re dealing with desires here ... mutual desires,” he said.

:barf:

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Recoome posted:

no sorry due to the availability bias all mus_lims = bad and all christians or other religions = good. I mean name 10 famous muslim people from Afghanistan who WEREN'T terrorists. Bet you can't!

Does this mean you're meant to be able to name 10 that were terrorists?

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
A High-Density EEG Investigation into Steady State Binaural Beat Stimulation

Abstract
Binaural beats are an auditory phenomenon that has been suggested to alter physiological and cognitive proces....

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Capt.Whorebags posted:

If you have Netflix and haven't seen Not Quite Hollywood, set aside some time to watch it. It's a fascinating look at the history of Australian genre films. Also nudity.

Also on Youtube (probably :nws:):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcsHoLstQC0

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
They're actually playing her vines on the news

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Hey kids, Inject Ice directly into your veins.
/
/
/

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Recoome posted:

nah it's full of his patriotic poo poo, but it's in the style of colours.

also

https://twitter.com/tajournalist/status/769706680305131520

quite the cracking quacking rally they have. I wonder what that tattoo means

https://twitter.com/tajournalist/status/769732342688587776

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

perfect

• Locked thread