Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Fixed that for you.

It's amazing some of the cognitive dissonance we go through. Saw a thing on ABC News last night about white folks in South African ghettos. Now, the people in charge of South Africa should be treating all people equally, and if they're not there's definitely a story here. However there are specifically white charity groups (jesus) and one older guy said straight up "what do they have against whites?" Like gently caress, figure it out dude you lived through it.

Lol, maybe if those Saffer whites didn't have more kids than they could afford, they wouldn't be facing this problem. It's called personal responsibility and these shiftless whites need to learn something about it. Also, notice how the whites in South Africa are doing badly ever since the state said they can't have cheap black servants to do all their work for them? A naturally inferior and less hard-working race deserves everything it gets. No work ethic, no success, untermenschen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Every single poster has had a meltdown at some point. This isn't funny anymore, so stop being a dick to screamjng llama, even though he is a terrible, terrible poster.

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Is anyone else finding hilarious the new senators who, apparently unfamiliar with the role of the senate, are demanding this and that? Dickheads, you're a house of review, not as house of suggestion. Try for a lower house seat if you want to dictate the policies put up for review, but in the meantime, stfu. Special shout outs to our incompetent media for not ridiculing these thickies.

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Solemn Sloth posted:

No it isn't. The senate can introduce bills other than taxation and appropriation. If you're going to scream about people not knowing how the system works, get your poo poo right.

Welp, I hosed up. In the future I will fact check everything I post.

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Technically I'm homeless, do I still have to do a census?

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Big Daddy Keynes posted:

A lady only company would probably fix that but I can't imagine enough qualified tradies exist due to the awful culture on large sites (i know a few lady apprentices but they seem to be almost always the only women on site which makes me think the burnout rate is pretty high). Which is bizarre because the BLF are one of the major reasons melbourne uni started one of the first womens studies groups so you would assume the union would have done more to clean up the culture.

S.A.L.T the earth, imho.

BlitzkriegOfColour fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Aug 12, 2016

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Lid posted:

When i want to rewrite my legacy i too will say i support something i opposed that was literally found illegal in the high court.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-15/party-for-freedom-stunt-disrupts-anglican-church-service/7733710

I did a documentary which featured Nick Folkes, and spent hours upon hours listening to him speak. He couldn't correctly say the word "Vietnamese", and it came out as "Vietmanese" every time. Not because he was racist, but because he is stupid as gently caress. I literally was reminded of people with brain damage when he spoke, and almost felt like we were exploiting a retard.

Anyway, Nick Folkes should move to the Central Coast, he'd fit in better there because his low IQ makes him stick out a bit in a crowd in Rozelle, where he lives.

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

I might head down to the local mosque tomorrow and make some calls to Fr Rod Bower, try to set up an interfaith exchange day.

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Xerxes17 posted:

It's not so much "being involved in the Philippines" but "openly stealing poo poo" and attacking Filipino fishermen.

I'm opposed to imperialism of all kinds, so when the US is countering Chinese and Russian imperialism I'll cheer them on. But I'll still protest against the USA when they go on an Imperialist venture of their own.

Have you considered that great power imperialism is only ever kept in check by other great power imperialism, and with the US being so much more insanely powerful (and also, insane and powerful) there is literally nothing to keep its imperialism in check? I mean, if you really assess the situation, you'd be willing to let the Russian/Chinese empires expand a little in order to check the US. Otherwise they're just going to continue to encircle everyone, as they do now.

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Xerxes17 posted:

Please see:

If Poland, the Baltic, Romania etc are all going "please help us out NATO" in regards to Russia. I don't see it as expanding NATO influence to encircle Russia but rather people seeking protection from something that's harmed them in the past. This is fair and reasonable.

Vietnam, Korea, Philippines, etc are all asking for backing against Chinese expansion I'm guessing it's not because Uncle Sam is keeping poor 'ol plucky China down. It's because China is an rear end in a top hat and is starting poo poo with all it's neighbors. For gently caress sake, if Vietnam, who the USA waged chemical and conventional warfare on for decades is now is happy to let bygones be bygones in return for backing against China, that says it all really. The people/governments of these two regions are against the idea of being consigned to their respective regional power's "sphere of influence". I am in no way willing to let Russian/Chinese empires expand because that just means I am consigning millions of people to live under lovely hegemonies that I would never want to have over myself, as BBjoey says, for the videogame model of geopolitics.

I think the first world war was loving stupid because it was a bunch of European Empires jockeying for advantage that we had no skin in. But this is not 100 years ago. I agree, there are a lot of steps that should be tried before war and I am not in any way arguing for a War. However we cannot throw our regional neighbors under the bus and that means we have to put some money where our mouths are. I also don't think China's belligerence is going to be countered with words and treaties as if they were going to, they already would have. The current driving force behind the CCP right now is revaunchist ethno-nationalism with their "century of humiliation" narrative. Christ, just look at the way they flipped the gently caress out about Horton's drug cheating comment, or how they rejected the south China Sea international court ruling before it was even released.

Quite unfortunately, the way I see things going is that the major thing that deters the CCP is military force. They leave Japan alone because it actually has a credible deterrent. The Philippines has jack poo poo and as a result is getting pushed around.

I mean, this 9-dash line is totally the idea of a reasonable and diplomatic government that is interested in fairness and international law.

Lol you think it's the people, and not the parasites of those countries, who want protection against Russia. Do you believe the president of the ukraine isn't a complete fascist fuckwit, too?

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Xerxes17 posted:

Mate, I'm in Russia right now and the people of Russia want protection from the Russian government. Let alone the people from other countries.

Do you follow RT by any chance?

The people of america also want protection from the american government. I don't know if you've heard of a little thing called blm.

Incidentally, are you that insufferable hipster beer/burger/beard guy and if so, why am I bothering to talk to you as though you were a serious intellect amd not just instantly dismissing your worthless opinions?

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Xerxes17 posted:

I'm not sure what you're arguing here as you just need to look at how Putin deals with internal dissent (bullets, as Nemtsov found out) to see that he isn't going to be benevolent to any populations that fall into his sphere of influence.

It doesn't follow. Stalin was extremely benevolent to populations under his influence, but also brutal when dealing with internal dissent.

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Xerxes17 posted:

There's quite a few countries/people who would strongly disagree with the first part there.

Also because of the latter doesn't mean that those who benefitted from this "benevolence" forgave Stalin / the state for what it did to dissenters.

Except most of those people are actually butthurt because their fascist relatives got killed. But the only cure for a fascist is a bullet. Also for kulaks.

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

For the record, I'm not engaging in any more discussion about imperialism for the moment as I'm self-observing some maoist third worldist perspectives, and that's not good for me or for the thread. Bring back LF tho.

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Don't take this as a snark or self-aggrandisement. Just, dont. This is a real question from me, a real life autist, to you, a crowd who is, for the most part, smarter than average: HOW THE gently caress can you watch TV? I mean, I make it, so I have to for work - but I still don't, I literally can't bring myself to do it. I can't fathom why you subject yourself to such debasement. We have a rule of never underestimating an audience's potential for stupidity, and when we write, we consider you all submorons. And that's how I feel when I watch it, like my intelligence is being insulted. It reminds me of how I felt in primary school during religious instruction, before I made a pact with the volunteer that if she didn't report me for not coming, I wouldn't come and derail her lessons.

So how the gently caress do you do it?

Serious question, serious answers please.

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Ewe2 makes a good point redcordial, you should try to limit your exposure to 24 hr news. That poo poo will do bad things to you.

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

The Peccadillo posted:

Sounds like it's pretty clear why Australian TV isn't very good from this sentence right here, dude

Can you please write angry emails to all the advertisers, networks and productions houses?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Brownblitzkrieg if its in your power can you let somebody know to stop padding out the funny internet clip shows with english standups or at least keep playing the animal footage while the unfunny assholes do their hot takes as a voice over or from a bubble in the corner like a japanese tv show? Thanks

HO HO HO, how I wish it were. Also, I didn't know those shows existed until right now. They sound like they would make me long for Australia's Funniest Home Videos and Gladiators.

Capt.Whorebags posted:

But why is this the case? Is there a .ppt somewhere that shows that turning the dumb-o-meter up to 11 results in more advertising dollar?

WHY are you producing such absolute crap? Is there not a market for something more nuanced? Or is it just easier....

Not in Australia, it seems. Or rather, in Aus that market is too small compared to the much bigger market of self-entitled fuckos who slobber our poo poo down while sitting on their couches and gaining weight.*

Sanguine posted:

A part would have to be that when you're financially on the back foot is easier to focus on cutting costs. Get some bozos to write the worst junk, and air that using real-world sets.

This is it. Also, Howard changed a bunch of rules about what counts as Australian content, so instead of having quotas for comedy and drama etc, it's just quotas for Australian content. If we do a reality show, the contestants pay for their own wardrobe, pay for the location (we often shoot in their house), often pay for their own ingredients if it's a food show like Come Dine With Me, and get little to no recompense for all of this. So what do you think we're going to choose to make? Something scripted where we have to pay for a bunch of people to film, or something where we get shitloads of things/people for free? And because the great mass of fuckos out there are just watching TV, I suspect, out of habit, they'll just watch whatever's on. And I suspect that serving this broadcast version of The Grid to them is making them even dumber, but what can I do? I try to only work on ob.doc and factual, but I have to put food on the table for my family.**

*This fatshaming brought to you by a fat slob who is shamefully just about hit 120 kilos.

**Also, hi thread. I have a babby on the way.

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Kommando posted:

I guess someone has to keep the species going, all the intelligent professionals are not having kids.

:iceburn:

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

The Peccadillo posted:

You actually are extremely aware of why our programming is horseshit, I agree with you that it's horseshit, but I'm not sure who you're lashing out at

Isn't it obvious?

Howard, execs, and the viewing public.

Also it looks like I maybe quoted the wrong person for that response, I don't know. I don't post much so I'm not very good at it. In fact I'm not even regulsr good at it.

This was a good vent though. Johngoodman.jpg

BlitzkriegOfColour fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Aug 20, 2016

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Gunder posted:

Question from a European: What sort of newspaper is the Sydney Morning Herald? Well respected? Serious?

Question from an Australian: if Australians respect it, doesn't that make it disreputable?

The SMH is about as deep as a goldfish bowl, and its journalists display all the attendant insight of said bowl's inhabitants.

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Did he think people put lube straight into their junk from the dispenser? Or was he going a hurr, I'ma gently caress some ppls hands up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

Yeah dogs are 'ritually unclean' so they have to do ritual cleansing if they pet them its a real PITA having to wash your hand 7 times after petting a cute doggo. Worth it though.

Others dispute the sourcing of the relevant hadiths and pet dogs all day.

I think you're talking out of your arse, matey. It's more of a cultural than religious thing. And you'd probably think the same thing about dogs if massive packs of them having fights with other packs and knocking over garbage cans was a thing where you lived.

• Locked thread