Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
I haven't posted first dog in a while, and the politoons thread complained and made me get up of my arse and do it, so here is the backlog:

27th of July:

Australians are still racist.

29th of July:

USA

2nd of August:

Australian election results.

4th of August:

The state of NSW is banning Greyhound Racing (Good).

5th of August:

#Censusfail

9th of August:

Save a dog.

10th of August:

Leaked reports of abuse on Nauru. Nothing we didn't already know. No one cares.

12th of August:

No one is really caring about the reports of abuse.

17th of August:

The conservatives march to kill all scientists continues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe

BBJoey posted:

here's what we know about the manus closure:
they won't be settled in Australia
they won't all be settled in PNG
:waycool:
They must be headed to Nauru or Christmas island then.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Fun Shoe
First Dog:

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Fun Shoe
First Dog:

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Fun Shoe
First Dog on the Moon:

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

van badham is actually mentally ill, much like evil Elmo
Oh for fucks sake knock this poo poo off. Stop equating "Has bad opinions and is a raging arsehole" with mental illness.

We mentally ill people have enough poo poo and stigma to deal with without being compared to Van Badham.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Fun Shoe

starkebn posted:

what actually goes through the heads of people like ScoMo or Hockey while they sit at their desk? Is it just "I must gently caress the poors" because I can't see any other reason for the bullshit they keep spewing.
It is scapegoating and misdirection. They are generally friends with the wealthy and corporations for whom they have hosed the economy. Now that the economy is right proper hosed by decades of neoliberalism and the cracks are showing, they need someone to blame. They can't, obviously, tell the truth. That would upset their friends and make them look bad. So they scapegoat a section of the community instead. The poor are an easy target since they have very little voice and you can make an erroneous, though convincing, argument that they are responsible because THEY TAKE GUBBERMINT MONIES.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Fun Shoe
First Dog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Fun Shoe

Birdstrike posted:

Still better than first dog
Well, only because you mentioned it:

• Locked thread