Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012
We need to pool our collective contempt and unite against our common enemy: First Dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

Periphery posted:

Could someone explain this for the economically stupid? I get that the RBA lowers rates cause the economy is poo poo but the 'perceived' risk thing is confusing me. I thought term deposit rates were more an indication of what the banks think will happen to rates in the future, but I guess in this case the 1y rates going up wouldn't seem to make sense cause it's hard to see the economy bouncing back before then. Is he saying that the banks are struggling to get deposits to cover their borrowings because people think they'll fall over with the rest of the economy when the house of cards collapses?

The interest rate is basically their profit rate from the loan. If they aren't going to be making as much with a loan, the riskier it becomes to give out that money.

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

I was trying to see where the gently caress Leak even lived when I looked at his wiki entry.

Bill Leak (born Desmond Robert Leak, 1956)

Is... is he The Australian's very own Gerry from Parks and Rec? Just an eternal fuckup who doesn't have a name worth remembering?

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012
How can this guy be in the game for so long and not understand that punching up = satire and punching down = mean spirited?

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

Starshark posted:

No jobs in film studies, but.

:smith: My major.

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

thatbastardken posted:

tbf to vietnam it's not like that war began or ended with australian involvement

:vince:

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

iajanus posted:

source your quotes

The book of Pauline, 14:88

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

Sanguine posted:

I'm confused, is china happy or not?

Funny that didn't go into detail about Uighurs or Rohingya.

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

Recoome posted:

MUSLIMS LIVING WITH MUSLIMS = BIG PROBLEM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirty_Years%27_War

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

Dude McAwesome posted:

mps and senators always gently caress off early instead of doing their jobs, it's hardly an earth-shattering revelation.

Before it didn't matter. Yesterday was a Bas Rutten liver punch wake-up call. People are panicking about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

Anidav posted:

But why Yellow????

Its the essence of Peter Cumming on your eyes.

• Locked thread