Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

screamingllama, I'm sorry to tell you this, but

it's you

you're the SJW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

I for one stand in solidarity with the downtrodden masses who suffer daily from institutional oppression the tyranny of capitalism western imperialism having their Something Awful forums avatar replaced by an image they dislike

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Of all the things to go against the focus groups on they choose greyhound racing

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

I think we should incinerate all the greyhound owners and spend money on reskilling the greyhounds as lapdogs

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

why do you keep coming back

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Amethyst posted:

Evil Elmo is the best poster in this thread.

:agreed:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

this thread is actually good.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

tithin posted:

I defended Llama a few times.

Auspol can be cliquey. :shrug:

This isn't a surprise to anyone that pays attention though.

how dare you. i'm going to gently caress your avatar up, pal, just you wait.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

ScreamingLlama posted:

It doesn't matter how many times you tell me to shut up, I'm going to keep shitposting because you're not mods and there's gently caress all you can do to shut me up.

I pwnt you all by hijacking August and you're trying to hide your butthurt by continuing to antagonize me even though antagonism is what started this thread in the first place. You're literally incapable of learning or admitting fault.

If I didn't know any better, I would have mistaken you for Liberal politicians.

epic

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

amethyst is good, actually

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Corey Bernardi says Gooda the wrong choice for the royal commission and that the four corners report ignored "serious injury and damage" inflicted on youth in detention corrections officers :yum::yum:

also asks why the ABC released it now instead of waiting until after the NT election because how dare they impact on the liberals electoral chances :mad:

BBJoey fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Aug 4, 2016

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Cartoon posted:

This but unironically.

I wasn't being ironic, amethyst uses extremely strong language but he's generally right

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Katter has threatened bloody murder if the coalition so much as brings the ABCC up at the joint sitting. He won't be voting for it.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Amethyst Did Nothing Wrong

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

The Guardian has posted a bunch of leaked Nauru files cataloging our extremely efficient offshore torture apparatus :waycool:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

It was not attacked, it was merely shut down after being attacked.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

They got hacked, homes

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

lol if u ever deviated from the belief that only the blood of the bourgeois will cleanse this vile land

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

I read an oped in the Guardian talking about how inevitably the refugees will have to come to Australia, because they're not going to return to their home countries and no developing country will take them (NZ and Canada will but ~~pull factors~~) and eternally maintaining an overseas concentration camp is untenable even for the reptiles that make up the ALP and LNP, but I have to wonder if that's too optimistic. Part of me feels like this is the new normal, and we're just gonna keep torturing refugees until they all kill themselves and 'solve' the 'problem'.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

You know what's worse than systematic child abuse? Airing footage detrimental to my government's reelection campaign

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

ewe2 posted:

You can shout "revolution" but its a failure of communication and will in the first place. Revolution tends to clear the decks for a time for new tyrants. The winners are generally not the people in any revolution.

looks like we got ourselves a counter-revolutionary here fellas

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

open24hours posted:

Because their business model is basically just showing up and acting like the rules don't apply to them?

I've got some extremely bad news about capitalism for you

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

perhaps the solution is not to introduce some sort of bizarro one-off levy/tax but to enforce existing regulations

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

open24hours posted:

Perhaps it is, but it's not going to happen is it?

neither is making them pay for disrupting the taxi industry hope this helps

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

you yourself said uber's entire business model is ignoring regulations and now you expect them to play along with a government levy? uber will do whatever the gently caress they want because they know no government is going to put their foot down.

e: lomarf, the article itself says uber is in no uncertain terms not going to pay the levy. the solution to 'this company is not playing by the rules' is not 'make a new rule that makes them pay for the people they put out of business' but enforcing the rules you already have in place

BBJoey fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Aug 11, 2016

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

open24hours posted:

Well, what is the solution? In an ideal world what would you like to see happen?

dictatorship of the proletariat

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

you are insanely loving stupid. like wow. the scale of your idiocy is unfathomable.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Far from me to endorse tit-for-tat imperialism, but it's pretty loving hypocritical for the US to be upset about the Chinese involving themselves in the Philippines.

'nations can't do good things because they also do bad things' - a nuanced geopolitical analysis

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

thatfatkid posted:

Just lol if you think the US enforcing the status quo where they run the show is in any way good.

idk everyone in the region who isn't China seems to be pretty happy with the status quo???

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

BlitzkriegOfColour posted:

Have you considered that great power imperialism is only ever kept in check by other great power imperialism, and with the US being so much more insanely powerful (and also, insane and powerful) there is literally nothing to keep its imperialism in check? I mean, if you really assess the situation, you'd be willing to let the Russian/Chinese empires expand a little in order to check the US. Otherwise they're just going to continue to encircle everyone, as they do now.

I agree dude the Cold War was extremely loving good.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

For real tho do the people who are subsumed by China and Russia 'expanding a little' get a say or are their needs secondary to ensuring the great video game that is international geopolitics is well balanced?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

What's the worst thing that happens if we do? Germany fucks around and claims some borderlands possibly disrupting trade, they might be emboldened and we basically kick the can down the road until the next crisis. The worst thing on the other side is another world war.

dude cmon

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

a bold stance

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

The Libs have a fascinating inability to learn that people actually listen to the nonsense they say and will call their bluff. See: no cuts to X, """mediscare""", working majority etc. They seem almost offended when people remember things they've said in the past.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

they're doing you a service

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

So do freedom of navigation exercises, don't recognise their claims and protect shipping. There's no need to call for war.

e:Still think appeasement over the waters and then standing firm if they try anything more is the more sensible option that lets both sides save face.
giving away in any aspect is absolutely the wrong approach because if you're willing to compromise your sovereignty wrt water, why not land? the hitler references are trite but this is basic sudetenland->czechoslovakia stuff. appeasement adds fuel to the flame of belligerence, it doesn't slow it.

also natsec wonks will always be jerking their misshapen dicks to the idea of a cataclysmic war, that they are raring to have a war with china should not be taken as broad us policy consensus that war is the solution.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

they're closing manus

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Birdstrike posted:

wish they'd put a tariff on cartoon's posts

noice

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

hell, same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

Thank loving god. One camp down, one to go.

all it means is they'll be involuntarily forced into the manus community where they'll have exactly zero support from the PNG or Australian governments, and they'll all be murdered before the year's out :nutshot:

• Locked thread