Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

blacksun posted:

If one were to theoretically not want to complete the census tonight, how would said person achieve this without being fined?

Eat assorted kebabs and halal snack packs until midnight. I recommend substituting chili for sweet chili if you're a coward like me, and Tabouli goes great on everything. Try a Falafel roll as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Brian Greig was the Australian Democrats senator for WA in the late 90s - early 2000s. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Greig

the Senate, Greig was responsible for introducing three pieces of legislation: a bill to outlaw genocide in Australia...

However, all three were unsuccessful.

What the gently caress :negative:

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

EvilElmo posted:

I don't think I said that anywhere. No, I re-read that post, doesn't appear to be there. Feel free to highlight the section where I said that.

EvilElmo posted:

Greens policy on this issue is so successful, they lost ground at this election.

Oh.

Reading: Hard.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Hand in your badge, Adolf.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Frogmanv2 posted:

https://newmatilda.com/2016/08/15/pauline-hanson-says-a-new-toilet-could-destroy-australian-way-of-life/

Pauline Hanson on the latest threat to the Australian way of life.

Squat toilets.

First they came for the toilet bowl, but I did not speak out because I was not a... toilet bowl?

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

hooman posted:

Lets play: Strangle, Make PM, Hang out with

Choices: Catte, Yourself, Cory Bernardi.

I strangle myself, and make Bernardi PM. Death is certain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Perhaps if the ALP had actually consulted with Bandt and convinced him to stick around or even told him what was going on he might have stuck around to vote and embarrass the government. Perhaps the ALP did, and he didn't care. Perhaps he already did went home before knowing that labor had a ~masterstroke plan~ to embarrass the government. Do we even actually know what happened in the house? Because right now we're all just assuming things to sling poo poo at the other less/more progressive party of choice.

• Locked thread