Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Reminder that the State of Queensland elected Pauline Hanson as a senator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

I think that if you fill it in but fudge the data, they can't fine you. Also I think it was some ridiculously low number of actual fines relative to how many people completed the census but ????

I was having a debate with my family last night and I'm pretty mad about the way they are approaching this because I feel like the quality of the data will be lower and any inference drawn will be poo poo.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

quote:

In May, Janeace Anderson, one of the property owners, told a parliamentary inquiry into the tree-clearing laws: “Firstly, I state that this country’s greatest environmentalists are our farmers and our graziers.”

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

lol using social justice warrior as a pejorative unironically

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

I can't masturbate to this! <:mad:>

:gizz:

Much better!

:five::five::five:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

*In a creepy ASMR voice*nice meltdown SL

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

lmao owned

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Amoeba102 posted:

Getting killed in a terrorist attack is equivalent to criticism for being racist. Got it.

holy poo poo check out the edgelord here

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

France has a massively marginalised Islamic population so like thats cool I'm glad that ~us white people~ are in a position to tell minority stakeholders to just pull their collective socks up and stop being so gosh darn offended all the time like when a flag is burnt I guess.

I mean I love how in the Pope cartoon, Bill Leak is wearing white-lensed glasses, I thought it was subtle as hell.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

also you prob should do some introspection if you find yourself agreeing with notable politician Cory Bernadi

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

I blame the unions, communists, and jews for everything bad in Australia right now unironically

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

also gay people hahaha how did I forget them

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

http://www.vice.com/en_au/read/we-asked-some-artists-to-respond-to-bill-leaks-racist-cartoon

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Wow, a lot of Australian comic artists are crap

i feel like it's reflective of Australia tbh

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

lmao Desmond

His name should be Richard cause then it'd be Dick Leak

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Check Out This One Weird Tax Trick - Academics HATE It!!!!!

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

i'm still working on doing a new naziwatch thing but basically there's this real amazing persecution complex emerging within the "patriot movement" (actually right-wing ultranationalists). The rhetoric being pumped out is some next level poo poo and really I'm surprised it's taken this long for someone affiliated with these groups to be arrested under these laws.

e:

:eyepop:

Recoome fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Aug 8, 2016

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

open24hours posted:

Isn't the whole reason these groups get started in the first place that people feel like they're being persecuted?

I honestly thought it revolved more around some kind of moral panic about Islam, rather than being persecuted (at least until now). My opinion is that the ultranationalist groups have only introduced the persecution part into the discourse this year, seeing as they've only had like one somewhat successful rally in Perth.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Re:- Coome

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

SynthOrange posted:

Documents about asylum-seeker boat turnbacks, which the government is arguing must be kept secret for national security reasons, have been accidentally handed to Guardian Australia by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.

:vince:

loving hell yes please please please please publish

e: this is like old hat but hahahahahaha like goddamn publishing the numbers doesn't actually weaken anything (unless you are hiding something)

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

QUACKTASTIC posted:

Coalition policy working?
No, new boat arrivals!

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Redcordial posted:

This is the type of poo poo that really gets to me, the regurgitation of utter nonsense that people just seem to think is totally acceptable both factually and morally.

I get a lot of similar outbursts of misplaced and ignorant views in some of my classes, too... I thought psychology students were meant to be smarter, but we aren't all mature (age) students.

loving amateurs, showing their stupidity so openly, how teachers cope with that type of poo poo I never know.

yeah look as a psychology student I too am flabbergasted at the poo poo opinions some of my friends have (such as how it's not xenophobia when it's justified?????????)

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Lizard Combatant posted:

Aw man, why is Amethyst banned?

creepy death threats

Also got into a fight with a weird yospos poster who has an autistic fetish about posting about hating sci-fi.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

From the UPF Facebook Page

quote:

If some numbskull who claims to be part of the Patriot movement commits or attempts to commit an illegal act which some may deem as domestic terrorism, this is not indicative of the whole movement or of the peaceful ambitions of patriotic Australians with legitimate concerns about Islamification.
I can hear the left now 'you're a hypocrite, that's what we keep telling you about Mus_lims. Just because some commit terrorism doesn't mean they're all that way inclined.'
Big difference. International intelligence agencies estimate that 25% of all Mus_lims are highly radicalised and harbour hatred for western counties, wishing for their demise. That's 400 million of them that want to see us obliterated. There is not a Mus_lim country on earth that is not continuously ravaged by war and terrorism. A poll taken in Egypt revealed that 80% of the population believed that death was the appropriate punishment for leaving Islam, for drawing a picture of Mohammed, and for women committing adultery. This is nothing short of domestic terrorism against its own citizens. After 9/11 millions of Mus_lims around the world started calling their newborn sons, Osama. I could go on and on.
Isis, Al Quaeda, Boko Haram, Jemaah Islamiyah, the Taliban...
Keep telling yourselves that patriots who love their country are the same as all that. Id take out a traitor before the enemy any day. Huts

hahahahahahaha?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

"We are a peaceful movement. Death to traitors before the enemy" ~ A Patriot

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Sanguine posted:

Is Mus_lim referring to the true and honest soul of the religion, not these so-called MUSLIMS?

It's because the patriot movement believes that there is a word filter which looks at their posts and when Muslims is mentioned, it gets auto flagged and might get removed. This is an attempt to circumvent that filter.

e: I mean it's possible (even likely) but it's also likely that their page gets monitored by people (I even do it) and their poo poo gets reported the good ol' fashioned way. They would simply need to filter for Mu_slim or Mus_lim and the same poo poo happens. It's high-school level dumb

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-10/abs-website-not-attacked-or-hacked:-mccormack/7713002

quote:

The minister responsible for the census has directly contradicted the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) by saying its website was not attacked on census night, despite confirming that the site was shut down after repeated denial of service attempts.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

[I CSPW [REDACTED] WAS SPEAKING WITH [REDACTED] ON THE GRASS ABOVE THE SECURITY ENTRANCE OF AREA9. [REDACTED] INFORMED ME THAT HER HUSBAND [REDACTED] HAD REPORTED 4 MONTHS AGO TO HER THAT HE HAD BEEN IN A CAR WITH HIS [REDACTED] YEAR OLD SON WITH 2 NAURUAN WILSONS SECURITY OFFICERS, [REDACTED] STATED THAT ACCORDING TO [REDACTED], [REDACTED] WAS SITTING IN-BETWEEN HIMSELF AND THE SECURITY OFFICER. [REDACTED] STATED THAT THIS CAR WAS TAKING THE TWO FROM AREA9 TO IHMS RPC3. [REDACTED] ALLEDGED THAT [REDACTED] INFORMED HER THAT THEIR SON [REDACTED] HAD SAID TO [REDACTED] THAT ONE NAURUAN OFFICER HAD PUT HIS HAND UP [REDACTED] SHORTS AND WAS PLAYING WITH HIS BOTTOM. [REDACTED] THEN REPORTED THAT [REDACTED] STATED THAT HE REMOVED [REDACTED] FROM THE MIDDLE OF THE CAR AND PLACED [REDACTED] ON HIS LAP BUT DID NOT SAY ANYTHING AS HE FEARED THE TWO NAURUAN OFFICERS IN THE CAR WITH HIM. [REDACTED] INFORMED CSPW [REDACTED] THAT SHE HAD REPORTED THIS TO IMMIGRATION OFFICERS IN BRISBANE WHEN SHE WAS RECENTLY MEDIVAC'D ( WITHIN THE LAST TWO WEEKS) NOTE: RATING CHANGED BY WILSONS]

Glad that Wilsons has such great oversight

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I mean they literally tell us blatantly that they're using the concentration camps as deterrents, of course this stuff is intended.

Yeah this is the intended outcome of the concentration camps, anyone arguing that these reports just contain unfortunate side effects are deluding themselves.

I am not looking forward to seeing the true scale of the damage to people, however.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-11/census-website-still-down-24-hours-after-crashing/7718584

we knew this was going to happen :smith:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

AT 1330, ASYLUM SEEKER [REDACTED] APPROACHED SAVE THE CHILDREN (SCA) CASE WORKER (CW) [REDACTED] IN THE MESS AT RPC3. [REDACTED] WAS CRYING AND WAS OBSERVED TO BE VERY SHAKEN. [REDACTED] AND [REDACTED] SAT OUTSIDE WHERE [REDACTED] REPORTED THAT A WILSONS SECURITY GUARD HAD JUST HIT HIM. [REDACTED] EXPLAINED TO [REDACTED] THAT HE WAS IN TENT [REDACTED] WITH [REDACTED], [REDACTED] AND [REDACTED] WHEN A SECURITY GUARD ENTERED AND YELLED AT THEM, "HY ARE YOU IN HERE?". [REDACTED] THEN REPORTED THAT THE SECURITY GUARD GRABBED HIM AROUND THE THROAT AND HIT HIS HEAD AGAINST THE GROUND TWICE. [REDACTED] ALSO SAID THAT THE SECURITY GUARD THREW A CHAIR ON HIM AND SHOWED [REDACTED] A RED RAISED MARK ON HIS ARM. AT THIS STAGE, [REDACTED], [REDACTED] AND [REDACTED] HAD JOINED THE CONVERSATION AND ALL CONFIRMED WHAT [REDACTED] HAD REPORTED. [REDACTED] ASKED [REDACTED] TO SHOW HER WHO THE SECURITY GUARD WAS. THE CHILDREN LEAD CW TO AREA 10 AND POINTED AT A MALE SECURITY GUARD, WHO WAS LATE IDENTIFIED BY CW [REDACTED] AS [REDACTED]. [REDACTED] SAID "HE HIT ME". [REDACTED] THEN ASKED [REDACTED] "WHY DID YOU HIT ME?". [REDACTED] THEN MOVED TOWARDS [REDACTED] AND IN A RAISED VOICE RESPONDED DID YOU COME IN HERE, YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED IN HERE, GET OUT OF HERE". [REDACTED] THEN LEAD THE CHILDREN OUT OF AREA 10. A NUMBER OF OTHER ASYLUM SEEKERS APPROACHED THE CHILDREN AND WERE SPEAKING IN ARABIC ABOUT THE INCIDENT. AT THIS TIME, [REDACTED] LEFT THE CONVERSATION IN ORDER TO PHONE CONTROL.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Case worker [REDACTED 1] engaged in conversation with [REDACTED 2] at 1730hrs in the recreation area of Fly Camp. CW observed to burn marks on [REDACTED 1]'s lower arm. [REDACTED 1] stated he had burned his arm with a cigarette approximately one week ago. [REDACTED 1] stated he had become frustrated after waiting for the bus, which was late, and burned his arm.

I mean like this all seems like the mental health of the people involved aren't being harmed right???

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Endman posted:

I hope Dutton falls face first into a whipper-snipper.

:eyepop:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

ewe2 posted:

You can shout "revolution" but its a failure of communication and will in the first place. Revolution tends to clear the decks for a time for new tyrants. The winners are generally not the people in any revolution.

lmao this dude's first against the wall

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

open24hours posted:

This would be a valid comparison if Uber had to comply with the same regulations as the taxi industry. In your example it would be like a Baker's Delight that ignores labour laws, pours their old oil down the drain, doesn't have insurance, uses rigged scales, etc.

[e:fb]

lmao taxi companies are just salty because they are losing business because they have been consistently poo poo for a very long time

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Here comes forums poster EvilElmo to tell us how great it is that Labor are working with the Coalition

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

hahahahahahaha holy loving poo poo

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

EvilElmo posted:

Give it another few posts and someone will inevitably say "somethingsomething torture", the circle jerk will restart itself.

yeah sorry torture is totally cool and good right? I mean it's a great punchline and I'm glad Labor take such a hard stance against it

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

oh wait sorry the ALP are torture apologists as well woooooops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

EvilElmo posted:

Took 3 posts.

I'm not sure how it's unfair. Both systems have their benefits, both systems will have "losers". In this result, it will get rid of 3 racists, a bigot and two nuts. The Greens should rejoice. You'll get rid of Rhiannon early and pick up another Senator.

Senate Reforms are the reason we got 2/4 racists in the Senate. I said they were poo poo, they are poo poo. I'm not sure how many times I need to keep posting this. One day you might all admit the Senate reforms were rushed, poo poo policy and not well thought through. But I guess you all still defend voting down the ETS..

lmao yep this is the only reason why we got the One Nation people

• Locked thread