Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
I'm disappointed in you cartoon, you didn't even pick out where he implied that all school kids should be medicated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Vladimir Poutine posted:

When the opening sentence is making fun of children with a learning disorder you better believe the OP will be good!

Especially when the OP has a gigantic persecution complex about their own disability (when they're not yelling about how Centrelink should toughen up on bludgers that is)

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I can't find a news article yet but Buzzfeed are claiming on Twitter that Shorten is speaking out against the NSW Greyhound ban

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Not torturing refugees is something that you can not make a stance against because of popular opinion.

Not torturing dogs is something that should be resisted in a principled stance against the wave of popular opinion.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Ian Winthorpe III posted:

Personally i think most bad things should be banned or at least heavily regulated.

This, but unironically war criminal

(much like your posting)

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Surely if the silent majority for one nation were a silent majority they would have elected...a majority. Also presumably they would be silent which would be a welcome loving change from their constant bleating

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

PatriotPete posted:

One nation wasn't running in every lower house electorate. Therefore many people didn't have the chance to vote for ONP in the lower house.

The senate results however speak another tale as everyone in a particular state can vote for the same people. Therefore the final results clearly resonate the feelings of how most Australians feel about our political leadership. ;)

I'm not convinced you actually know what the term majority means, given you seem to think it's represented by a peak result of 9%

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

I can't masturbate to this! <:mad:>

:gizz:

Much better!

it's not a sex thing :colbert:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

ScreamingLlama posted:

You're literally incapable of learning or admitting fault.

:pusheen:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Did Lambie tend to vote with the Coalition? I can't remember, although it's probably less likely now that the Libs have had an election all to prevent such "chaos".

So if we were to break things down into generally left and generally right:

Totals:
Coalition 30
Labor 26
Greens 9
One Nation 4
NXT 3
LDP 1
FF 1
Lambie
Hinch.

Greens + NXT + ALP = 38
Libs + One Nation + LDP + FF + Hinch = 37
Lambie = ??

NXT, Greens and ALP are not going to agree on everything either.

NXT is in no way shape or form Generally Left.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Gorbash posted:

Via @pollytics, I give you Senator Elect Malcolm Roberts:

https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/view/25780781/from-what-i-malcolm-ieuan-roberts-have-seen-galileo-movement

It's going to be a long three to six years

oh good, a freeman on the land senator.

One Illegitimate Nation Party

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

BBJoey posted:

Katter has threatened bloody murder if the coalition so much as brings the ABCC up at the joint sitting. He won't be voting for it.

He might if they agree to classify fruit bats as a union

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

MiniSune posted:

Nah ever since that whole 1975 thing, they have to be from the same party.

Was this actually made into law?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Yaaaaaaaaay people are actually calling out Bill Leak for his shittiness. And bonus - they're also asking "how could this have been published"

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/aug/04/bill-leak-accused-of-racism-in-insulting-cartoon-on-indigenous-parenting

But don't worry, people who really know what racism is have Bill's back!

With CB behind you, you can't go wrong!

Charlie Hebdo is also a racist piece of trash publication though?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Amethyst posted:

Congratulations. You took his complete non-sequitur distraction about Charlie Hebdo and got into a tail chasing argument over it.

if only we had stayed on target with our criticism of bill leak being a racist the australian may have -

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Peter Dutton is the dumbest root vegetable in history

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

thatbastardken posted:

77 primary votes

Yeah, nah. Down ticket candidates get low primary counts, deal with it.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

loving hell. Leak and the Australian are defending his cartoon as some sort of root cause for CHILDREN BEING ABUSED IN JAILS.

Like somehow having a deadbeat Dad means you deserve to be a CHILD ABUSED IN JAIL.

I'm guessing their argument is closer to if they didn't have a deadbeat dad they wouldn't have been in jail in the first place.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Frogfingers posted:

How can this guy be in the game for so long and not understand that punching up = satire and punching down = mean spirited?

aboriginal people are the most privileged in this country

want to see who is truly powerful? find who you are not allowed to criticise

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

And you know who controls the banks

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Doctor Spaceman posted:

:thejoke:

Anti-semitism is why Andrew Bolt distanced himself from Malcolm-Ieuan: Roberts.

Sorry, I don't keep a track of every single fringe lunatic, my spreadsheet is big enough with just you lot

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

you can't spell 'untermensch' without 'the un'

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Some Reclaim folk were arrested in Victoria today, allegedly had been under surveillance planning terrorism for some time and police say the risk had increased forcing them to act.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/terror-raids-in-melbournes-northwest-and-country-victoria-20160806-gqmjko.html

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Shooting cancelled due to pull factors

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Kat Delacour posted:

Sounds like the ACMA are politely/officially saying "He's an idiot, gently caress that guy"

Sounds like ACMA are politely/officially saying "we're of no loving use to anyone, no loving use at all"

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Kat Delacour posted:

The entire basis of media regulation in Australia is what a reasonable, ordinary person would conclude. To say that a reasonable ordinary person would think Bolt is hyperbolic and opinionated is saying Bolt's audience/followers are unreasonable and extraordinarily stupid.

That's a real sick burn and I'm sure they'll reconsider their ways.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I actually don't think Culleton should be sentenced to over 12 months jail over what he's done

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I'm disappointed that VicPol didn't carry out their usual shoot first policy when dealing with the mentally ill

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Recoome posted:

loving hell yes please please please please publish

e: this is like old hat but hahahahahaha like goddamn publishing the numbers doesn't actually weaken anything (unless you are hiding something)

almost as if they've been lying publicly for the last 3 years

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

BlitzkriegOfColour posted:

Is anyone else finding hilarious the new senators who, apparently unfamiliar with the role of the senate, are demanding this and that? Dickheads, you're a house of review, not as house of suggestion. Try for a lower house seat if you want to dictate the policies put up for review, but in the meantime, stfu. Special shout outs to our incompetent media for not ridiculing these thickies.

No it isn't. The senate can introduce bills other than taxation and appropriation. If you're going to scream about people not knowing how the system works, get your poo poo right.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

BlitzkriegOfColour posted:

Welp, I hosed up. In the future I will fact check everything I post.

In the actual Westminster system, the upper house is one of review. That's because the upper house is unelected though and thus has no mandate

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

One of the women in my class doesn't believe that feminism is necessary because women are equal

my tutor told her she should take a bus home from Reservoir station (might have been broadmeadows or something, but low-ses generally unsafe outer suburb was the idea) one night instead of her car and see if she felt the same after that

I'm not sure anyone won in that exchange really

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

iajanus posted:

plz link

Leper colony, just your average talking in graphic detail about how he would like to kill a poster who said he should get out more

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

We are the villains of this story, and we can only hope that the future will be just enough that it will remember us as such.

We had no way of knowing what our government was doing, they told us they were processing asylum applications in as fast and humanitarian way as possible. If we had known of the abuses of course we would not have supported the policies, what do you take us for, monsters? :shrug:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

BBJoey posted:

lol if u ever deviated from the belief that only the blood of the bourgeois will cleanse this vile land

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for those meddled kids

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I bet you can't even name 10 people affected by the Stolen Generation.

Andrew Bolt

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

That explains your posting.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Looks like Labor and the Coalition are going to screw over the Greens and the crossbench on the 6 year senate terms.

Guys, people absolutely loving hate us, see us as in league with each other, and are voting for minor parties in ever increasing numbers. What can we do to fix this???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

EvilElmo posted:

You're the one who always attacked the ALP when they work with the Liberals as though it's a horrible thing to do. Unless the Greens are voting with the Liberals, then there are reasons and they're all valid and legitimate.

:ironicat:

• Locked thread