Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Capt.Whorebags posted:

I think one of the news pieces indicated that the eCensus was delivered on IBM's cloud service but with restrictions that it could only be on iron that was physically located in Australia.

Which makes sense, having the data sit on a foreign server is sometimes enough to trigger their data retention laws. eg there was some muttering about the data being subject to the PATRIOT Act if the data was stored in the US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Would they be happy with conventional warfare between the world's superpowers occurring in their region?

What do you suggest the other claimants should do?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Better than a war.

I assume you take the same position on Australia's border dispute with East Timor?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

annatar posted:

This is Christopher Pyne's fault because he gave post-adjournment leave to his WA and QLD MPs without guaranteeing they'd win the adjournment motion.

This could also be payback from yesterday, where apparently the government didn't honour pairing arrangements when voting on the royal commission into the banking sector.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

ewe2 posted:

News flash, champ. They're not in the same party. The ALP has to convince the Greens its in their interest, not the other way around. I'm sure you'll also be sending a very strongly worded email to McGowan to remind her where her independent sympathies should lie. Gosh imagine what you could achieve with cooperation.

It's not up to the ALP to make sure Bandt doesn't take an early mark you weirdo.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Lol I missed this post:

ewe2 posted:

Awww did the poor widdle major party forget to fill the Greens in on its special plans? Diddums.

Bandt not being there to vote means we don't get a Royal Commission into the banking sector. That's not "diddums" unless you're some kind of Greens Van Badham knock off.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Jumpingmanjim posted:

lol it doesn't work like that matey.

Hah yeah fair point, but it's still bizarre to claim that it's the ALP's fault for not telling Bandt to stick around until the end of play.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

ewe2 posted:

Son, you gotta learn to read a thread to understand the context of the comments. It won't make sense until you do. Best of luck with your reading comprehension, unless you're a Labor shill too in which case I'm sorry for your loss.

This, although somehow I doubt the gallery actually punishes anyone except by their constant begging for leaks.

But it is funny, particularly when babies like EvilElmo rush in to blame other parties for the ALP's procedural motions not getting up (psst Tirade, that's the subject!), and particularly inexcusable from politicians on the Government side.

Suck it, princess.

No need to be a fuckwit.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

ewe2 posted:

Yes, apparently they should wait for orders from the ALP lol.

This is a really strange hill to die on.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Aesculus posted:

Perhaps if the ALP had actually consulted with Bandt and convinced him to stick around or even told him what was going on he might have stuck around to vote and embarrass the government. Perhaps the ALP did, and he didn't care. Perhaps he already did went home before knowing that labor had a ~masterstroke plan~ to embarrass the government. Do we even actually know what happened in the house? Because right now we're all just assuming things to sling poo poo at the other less/more progressive party of choice.

I'm not slinging poo poo at an "other" party, I'm a greens voter that has the audacity to suggest that my one rep in parliament should not gently caress off home until after the voting stops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

ewe2 posted:

Exactly. I've asked Bandt if he had heard from the ALP, waiting for an answer. I find it a really bizarre idea that somehow minor parties and independents are now apparently responsible for whatever the ALP fails to do. I expect this poo poo from a shill like VanElmo (and his new acolyte Tirade), but its a bit sad that others aren't up to speed.

...and you accuse others of poor reading comprehension.

• Locked thread