Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
also, death to carthage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
no wait I meant the middle east haha yeah woops

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

timp posted:

Which EC votes does he guarantee?

idk why people act like electoral college voters can just decide to vote for whoever they want regardless of the election results lol

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

lynch_69 posted:

You're right Trump appeals to a wide demographic and not just 4chan edgelords and scared old white people.

appealing p strong to a bunch of laborers who feel shafted by wall street, banks, and globalization of trade

also to people who don't want political dynasties to be a thing, and also people who think HRC is a caricature of a politician

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

lynch_69 posted:

I hate to break it to you but Chinese factory jobs aren't coming back to America. There's a reason why even Trump himself outsourced the manufacture of his clothing line to Bangladesh, India and China. Globalization isn't going anywhere either.

oh yeah def that's a brilliant argument in support of TPP: "poo poo sucks but it's here to stay might as well roll in it"

also the bit where it allows foreign companies to sue the USA for lost profits if we pass environmental regulation or anything that might impact their profits

that's def an awesome thing there where we ignore our national sovereignty and let some chucklefuck decide 'yes the USA deprived you of $100b by passing carbon emissions laws and they have to pay you now" lmao

e: and before you say that won't happen, it already does! we do it to Canada and Mexico all the time because of NAFTA and now you want us to be on the receiving end of the dick too?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

lynch_69 posted:

I hate to break it to you but Chinese factory jobs aren't coming back to America. There's a reason why even Trump himself outsourced the manufacture of his clothing line to Bangladesh, India and China. Globalization isn't going anywhere either.

also gently caress you when the free trade agreements allow companies to make X outside of the USA then stamp 'Made in USA' on it even though it was really made by sweat shops in Saipan

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
poll are worthless

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

lynch_69 posted:

It is pretty much the way of things I'm afraid. Whatever agrarian self sufficient paradise you're envisioning in your head as an alternative to the way the world works now isn't going to happen. The world is too interconnected. The American public can scream all they want about NAFTA and TPP, but to 99% of them they're just scary acronyms used as a talisman to focus their rage on - the second these same people start finding their Walmart tubesocks going up in price because Emperor Trump started a trade war with China they'll be marching in the streets baying for blood.

See how you just a) ignore my specific criticisms in favor of again just talking about globalization in broad terms (as if I even ever said globalization was a bad thing in general) and then b) flippantly inform me that I'm an idealist/optimist and I better just vote for D?

and you wonder why HRC's numbers are lagging

Bro TPP sucks for numerous reasons and it's not because I hate globalization and want small anarcho-communes. Globalization is the only way forward in the face of environmental change, technological changes, etc but it doesn't mean we need to bend over and spread cheeks for the big dick of billionaires who want to make another quarter point this reporting period.

e: and it's kinda insulting that you're just telling me TPP is a scary talisman I know nothing about while refusing to address my specific concerns about it

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Aug 1, 2016

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

lynch_69 posted:

You're a special and intelligent snowflake who posts in GBS 700 times a day with very well thought out opinions about globalisation that everyone should pay attention to.

i'm someone that managed to figure out how to operate a business that requires very little input on my part day to day and I spend a lot of time in the office shitposting as a result

plus isn't that exactly what you're doing?

i admit you caught me out with that flippant comment though it's true that polls are worthless so idk really but it does seem like HRC's momentum is waning

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i think the only rational adult position here is that both candidates are stupid doodoo heads which will bring disaster to this country

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i agree those are some weasel words that could basically justify any amount of time

do we ever REALLY know 100% "what is going on" or which immigrants are going to be good citizens or not? gently caress no. effectively 'until we know what's going on' means 'until I say so'

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Robot Pride posted:

Here's what's going on: %0.001 of the muslim population is mad enough and dumb enough and has the ability to get weapons to harm Americans if they get in the U.S. which means you have a better chance by several orders of magnitude of being hit by two consecutive strikes of lightning while rollerblading than being the victim of a Muslim terrorist attack but the conservatives have to make this the most important pillar of the campaign even though it effectively has zero impact on average Americans.

also trannies in bathrooms

v important

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ork of Fiction posted:

Hmmm this is all real soul-searching important sutff yeah, but have ne of u fine african lads considered this picture of a kangaroo relaxing in a yard????

that roo is lookin good

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
trump is too

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

FuturePastNow posted:

I still think trump's playing the long troll on everyone

same lol I really do

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

FlimFlam Imam posted:

This just happened

[LOCATION: VIRGINIA. DONALD TRUMP IS CAMPAIGNING FOR PRESIDENT. HE ADDRESSES THE CROWD IN HIS TRADEMARK STYLE, ONLY TO BE INTERRUPTED BY A SQUALLING INFANT.]

Trump: Don’t worry about that baby, I love babies. I love babies. I hear that baby crying. I like it. What a baby, what a beautiful baby. Don’t worry, don’t worry. The mom’s running around—don’t worry about it, you know. It’s young and beautiful and healthy and that’s what we want.

[THE BABY KEEPS CRYING]

Trump: Actually, I was only kidding. You can get the baby out of here. That’s alright. Don’t worry. I think she really believed me that I love having a baby crying while I’m speaking?! That’s okay, people don’t understand. That’s okay.

lmao that's pretty great imo

i hate kids

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
dude who cares if your baby is bawling while someone is trying to talk he's right it's annoying af and yeah 'but he's supposed to kiss it on the head' who cares meng

righteous :synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

jiharlequinade posted:

I'm getting really tired of the fact that every election I'm stuck with having to choose the lesser of two child rapists

• Locked thread