Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

this forum is bad to ask if a console is worth purchasing because people will say yes to anything except maybe the xbox1 because it has the wrong kind of ram

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

trying to jack off posted:

this forum is bad to ask if a console is worth purchasing because people will say yes to anything except maybe the xbox1 because it has the wrong kind of ram

xbox1 was the huge one.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

i own a 3ds, 3ds xl, and new 3ds xl

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the posters here probably wanted a neo geo more than a snes growing up

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

You are hosed up for saying that.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My most used console in the last few weeks has been a vita lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Every console is worth getting at the right price

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

the vita is not worth owning

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I got a 3dsxl because i didn't realize "The New 3DS" was an actual official name for a different product.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

P-Mack posted:

I got a 3dsxl because i didn't realize "The New 3DS" was an actual official name for a different product.

youre a grandma

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

P-Mack posted:

the wiiu is a different console to the wii as well. its not an accessory

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Frog Act posted:

so I've envied DS owners for years but I've never really felt like I could afford a super expensive 3DS. it has come to my attention, however, that a 2DS with Mario Kart 7 is only like $80, and all of the original pokemon games are $10 now. i'm thinking about going out and dropping some cash on a 2DS but i was wondering what games goons would say are good so i know i'll have stuff to play for the forseeable future.

i was gonna also pick up Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and possibly a Shin Megami Tensei game, cus I've heard a lot about those but never played one

goons what do you recommend? is a 2DS worth it? thanks in advance

Ok.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Frog Act posted:

well i could've waited and ordered a better bundle or something but i wanted to go physically acquire a system since buying a console is a blast from the past for me. went and got the red 2DS Yo-Kai Watch bundle with a used Ocarina of Time cart. probably gonna buy Pokemon Red in a few minutes here, check out the e-store

i haven't owned a handheld since i got a GBA color in the late 90s so i'm pretty stoked here

nice, semper games op

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

LMAO epic god tier troll.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

trip report: i'm still bad at ocarina of time and i picked squirtle as my starter pokemon

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

That's true but to be fair most consoles are worthwhile if u have the budget & u don't have anything that plays equivalent stuff, plus this forum is helpful for figuring out which games are good since it seems like everyone in GAmes just likes whatever has the most advertisements.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Hat Thoughts posted:

That's true but to be fair most consoles are worthwhile if u have the budget & u don't have anything that plays equivalent stuff, plus this forum is helpful for figuring out which games are good since it seems like everyone in GAmes just likes whatever has the most advertisements.

i wouldnt trust games to give me directions to the nearest mcdonalds

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i wouldnt trust games to give me directions to the nearest mcdonalds

but that's something they'd know for sure lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

games posters both thouight assassins creed would be the greatest game of all time and then fell for the exact same same tricks years later with watch dogs

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Bobnumerotres posted:

but that's something they'd know for sure lol

lol

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Hat Thoughts posted:

i've never really been a console person because of the intersection between PC and current gen console libraries, but you just can't replicate the DS with emulators on a stationary PC, so its an outlier imo. though if i had infinite money i'd buy at least a PS4 for bloodborne

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Ya I got an Xbox because my PC is garbage, it was way cheaper at the time & I like Halo but the PS4 definitely seems like the console to get if u wanna stay up-to-date with the generation. Like Bloodborne, Guilty Gear, Nier & Persona all seem way more interesting exclusives than the stuff coming out on the Xbox. Plus the Xbox stuff is gonna come out on PC now anyways so win/win,

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Yea, I already had a Genesis and I really wanted to play metal slug.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Frog Act posted:

so if i were to pick up a game with this bundle, what game would you guys recommend? preferably one in the ~$15-$20 range

you've got a giant library to choose from but when you've got the $$$ the zero escape series is good if you like reading

elite beat agents used/no case goes for about a dollar and every gamestop in the country has 10 copies

smtiv is good but if you get thorugh that and want more soul hackers and strange journey are both playable on 2ds

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i think it would b e cooler to own a neogeo now as an adult than i would an snes, but probably not as an child. that's called a mature outlook on life

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Homework Explainer posted:

you've got a giant library to choose from but when you've got the $$$ the zero escape series is good if you like reading

elite beat agents used/no case goes for about a dollar and every gamestop in the country has 10 copies

smtiv is good but if you get thorugh that and want more soul hackers and strange journey are both playable on 2ds

is SMT turn based or real time? the videos i've seen don't make it completely clear, the player character seems to be both beating things up in real time and doing earthbound style fights

also, i ran into a pikachu in Viridian forest, but I accidentally killed it in one hit w/my ratatata :(

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Frog Act posted:

is SMT turn based or real time? the videos i've seen don't make it completely clear, the player character seems to be both beating things up in real time and doing earthbound style fights

also, i ran into a pikachu in Viridian forest, but I accidentally killed it in one hit w/my ratatata :(

Turn based but you can see sprites in the over world and can hit them to gain advantage at the beginning of the fight

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I'm glad you bought the console, OP, it's one of my favorite systems to ever come out.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

i think it would b e cooler to own a neogeo now as an adult than i would an snes, but probably not as an child. that's called a mature outlook on life

The Neo Geo cost like $700 and the games were just like the arcade version. That thing would give you insane cred back in elementary school. So many people inviting themselves over to your fancy rich kid house.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

P-Mack posted:

The Neo Geo cost like $700 and the games were just like the arcade version. That thing would give you insane cred back in elementary school. So many people inviting themselves over to your fancy rich kid house.

they al l would have played kof98 and samsho really poorly tho

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Having super metroid on my new 3ds is worth it alone

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i'd rather legally demo the rom for 24 hours and then delete it for free, rather than pay 200 dolars for another 3ds

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Fair enough, OP buy it if you want 3DS games and don't if you don't.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

the AR cards are neat, just gave those a try. i'm not really into minigames in general so i probably won't use 'em much but i like the function. its also extremely cool that you can physically move teh DS to look around in Ocarina of Time

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Nothing uses AR. Glad you like the system though

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

mysterious loyall X posted:

i want the cute small n3ds with the super famicom buttons but now it's out of stock everywhere and costs 250 on ebay fuuu

i have one but I never play it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Average Bear posted:

Nothing uses AR. Glad you like the system though

Bravely Default does and it's pretty cool

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Pumprag posted:

i have one but I never play it

Give it toe me for free

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

In Training posted:

Bravely Default does and it's pretty cool

i haven't finished it yet. are there more ar movies besides the intro?

also

Average Bear posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Average Bear posted:

I have super metroid on my vita now because it was hacked

• Locked thread