Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Yvonmukluk posted:

What is it with Roosevelts and the navy, anyway?

Good reason to not trust it very much http://taskandpurpose.com/wwii-naval-ship-unlucky-almost-killed-fdr/. I think that's my favorite ship story ever, the USS William D. Porter is my kinda ship. Awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

HEY GUNS posted:

She is not a warhorse because she's not very fast on her feet, and she isn't nimble. But she's very very strong.

We still have a fair few of these in the UK, you see them at history days and exhibitions and stuff. I love them, nothing spooks them, they don't mind having kids run around them, and they pull a 5 ton load around like a small truck. We call them shire horses here, I bet everywhere has a different name.

They loving love carrots :)

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

That's all awesome, what's the book I desperately want to read it.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

HEY GUNS posted:

who the gently caress was the first person to realize that eating a small amount of semtex would get you high

You study soldiers! I would have thought you'd assume someone would try just because it existed.